NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-28-2021, 09:48 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

Default My National Reports

I left the Hilliard Homestead about 11am JAX-ORD beautiful direct flight on United. Called the hotel and the shuttle was waiting for me by the time I made it to the pickup point and I checked in. I’m staying with Spike and Taylor again. 2 queen beds but I took the sofa bed it’s nice and the coffee machine and TV #2 with a door I can close so I think it’s perfect for me cause I normally get up early. Taylor and Spike soon roll in and we catch up and exchange handshakes (cards). Spike and I take the short shuttle ride to the Chicago Dogs game Taylor needs to rest after the long drive from NC. I hadn’t eaten anything since breakfast so my first stop was the snack bar where I ate two Chicago Hot Dogs And a Coke Zero wow those Chicago Hot Dogs are AWESOME! Good times at the game went 10 innings and the home team won with a game winning single down the left field line. Right to the sleeper sofa and up at six am we went downstairs for the free breakfast decent enough the price is right. Taylor and Spike left at maybe 8:30 for the show utilizing dealer badges (I’m gonna head over about 2 pm to secure my VIP ticket with early entrance at 3:30). I recently bought an Apple Watch and I’m in a challenge with my daughter so I walked on the tread mill for an hour watching you tube videos and finished with 10 minutes on the elliptical. Time to shower and get organized before heading out to day #1 at the National! Larry
Old 07-28-2021, 10:09 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default National

I can't wait to hear your updates. Thank you for doing this!

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:12 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
I can't wait to hear your updates. Thank you for doing this!

Rick
+1 Agreed

We are living it thru You.

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 07-28-2021, 10:19 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

And don't forget to post some pictures! Thanks
Old 07-28-2021, 10:22 AM

You should have invested in a go-pro camera so we could be there with you.
Old 07-28-2021, 12:41 PM
Scott Russell

Would love to meet you Larry. Booth 1058.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 07-28-2021, 02:00 PM
Albert Bee

Default Nat

Larry,
loving every word of your report ! cant wait for more
Old 07-28-2021, 11:45 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

I took the hotel shuttle to the convention center arrived at 2pm picked up VIP pass autograph tickets and promos no line for that. The promos I’m kind of excited about because there are at least two Trevor Lawrence cards! Went to the VIP lounge/mixer it was very crowded and just promoting an upcoming auction I think. I left right away even before pizza was served. The VIP line to get in the show at 3:30 was at least 1/2 mile long wrapping around several conference rooms then back towards the entrance door, I took my place in line about that time they opened the doors to the show and I made a 180 and walked right in. The show was very crowded from doors open until closing at 8pm. I started out in the back of the show tried to make a loop of sorts got distracted by this and that and didn’t really have much of a plan the whole show but of course running into OBC members and dealer friends I haven’t seen in two years so awesome. With the VIP package you get some autographs, and I was interested in getting a Billy Shaw (Bills HOFer) card signed. Long line moved slow I left for awhile still a long wait forget it I’m done with autographs at the National. PS before the show some guy offered me $20 for three of the autograph tickets he needed and I gladly sold. I was ready to spend some money today started out with $2225 cash and got a lot of cards but mostly low grade bargain stuff and just counted what I have left $1,997 I only spent $228 shocked me, I spend more at our local monthly show! I’ve got to get a more organized plan tomorrow. Pickups included 53 different 1952 TOPPS Look N See cards $15 plus discount then 33 different 1959 TOPPS Wacky Plaks for $12 plus discount then 15 1951 Bowman Jets Rockets and Spacemen $8 plus discount all low grade. I have these sets already but they are so cheap I couldn’t help myself. Bought 30+ 1971 OPC baseball cards they have yellow backs $1 each. Eights hits to my 1964 Rosen US Army in Action these were priced $3 each fair price dealer discounted some too. Finished 1980 You’ll Die Laughing set 3 cards $3 a couple hits 1963 Post baseball including #36 Nellie Fox no bat showing $6 I’ve been looking got this card awhile. Lots of other cards plus 1954 Wheaties Musial in action and George Mikan in action also 1951 Berk Ross hit Dick Sisler. Closed the show down at 8 and ate dinner with about 11 or 12 OBC guys at a reported “biker bar” which is right next door to our hotel thanks Bob B picked up the tab. Tomorrow will be a longer day at the show I hope to be more organized in the search no time at the autograph area either I’m done with that. Time now 12:36 and time to pull out the sofa bed. Larry
Old 07-29-2021, 05:30 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLarry View Post
I took the hotel shuttle to the convention center arrived at 2pm picked up VIP pass autograph tickets and promos no line for that. The promos I’m kind of excited about because there are at least two Trevor Lawrence cards! Went to the VIP lounge/mixer it was very crowded and just promoting an upcoming auction I think. I left right away even before pizza was served. The VIP line to get in the show at 3:30 was at least 1/2 mile long wrapping around several conference rooms then back towards the entrance door, I took my place in line about that time they opened the doors to the show and I made a 180 and walked right in. The show was very crowded from doors open until closing at 8pm. I started out in the back of the show tried to make a loop of sorts got distracted by this and that and didn’t really have much of a plan the whole show but of course running into OBC members and dealer friends I haven’t seen in two years so awesome. With the VIP package you get some autographs, and I was interested in getting a Billy Shaw (Bills HOFer) card signed. Long line moved slow I left for awhile still a long wait forget it I’m done with autographs at the National. PS before the show some guy offered me $20 for three of the autograph tickets he needed and I gladly sold. I was ready to spend some money today started out with $2225 cash and got a lot of cards but mostly low grade bargain stuff and just counted what I have left $1,997 I only spent $228 shocked me, I spend more at our local monthly show! I’ve got to get a more organized plan tomorrow. Pickups included 53 different 1952 TOPPS Look N See cards $15 plus discount then 33 different 1959 TOPPS Wacky Plaks for $12 plus discount then 15 1951 Bowman Jets Rockets and Spacemen $8 plus discount all low grade. I have these sets already but they are so cheap I couldn’t help myself. Bought 30+ 1971 OPC baseball cards they have yellow backs $1 each. Eights hits to my 1964 Rosen US Army in Action these were priced $3 each fair price dealer discounted some too. Finished 1980 You’ll Die Laughing set 3 cards $3 a couple hits 1963 Post baseball including #36 Nellie Fox no bat showing $6 I’ve been looking got this card awhile. Lots of other cards plus 1954 Wheaties Musial in action and George Mikan in action also 1951 Berk Ross hit Dick Sisler. Closed the show down at 8 and ate dinner with about 11 or 12 OBC guys at a reported “biker bar” which is right next door to our hotel thanks Bob B picked up the tab. Tomorrow will be a longer day at the show I hope to be more organized in the search no time at the autograph area either I’m done with that. Time now 12:36 and time to pull out the sofa bed. Larry
Very Nice sharing and sounds like some nice pickups

Keep it coming

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 07-29-2021, 08:15 AM
Rocky Rockwell

Default At the Show

Nice pickups…. your Mikan in action will go well with your portrait you bought a few months ago from Robert at the local show! Keep the reports coming wish I was there instead of the office …. Rocky in Jax
Old 07-29-2021, 08:23 AM
James M.

thanks for sharing your experience so far. I'm attending my first National next year, when it's in AC and I always wondered how the situation was like with the autograph guests. I'm most likely going to have to dedicate a day to the ones that I really want, when it comes to waiting in line for certain players that is.

On the subject of being overwhelmed, the Philly Show back in June, gave me that overwhelmed feeling, probably because it was my first show in a bit as well. I'm looking forward to what your experience will be today, and congratulations on the pickups.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.
Old 07-29-2021, 11:07 AM
keith janosky

Any autograph guys cancel yet?
Old 07-29-2021, 08:12 PM
K Farrell

Great post Lucky. I had a bunch of OBC guys at my booth today (#796) and had a blast talking Pre-war baseball. I’m trying to find some more cards to fill all the voids you guys left. Make sure to stop by for a free V&CBC magazine. The energy level at this National is the best.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:43 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

Apple Watch stats: 3hr 55 min sleep. Steps:17,632 just over 8 miles. Today I returned with $1,184 in my wallet so I spent $813 today note money spent includes parking meals etc etc I’m paying cash whenever I can. Plus $1,800 in reserve stashed in the sock drawer here in hotel room.
Up to late last night I’m on minimal sleep hot shower free breakfast downstairs and we are off for day two. Another long line for the VIP opening at 9:30 but I walked up as they opened the doors and I went right in the show. I did a much better job today covering the floor and I was able to walk down each aisle. I wanted to spend some money today I didn’t save and then bring cash up here to take home I wanted to buy some cards! The show is very busy and crowded. I am 67 years old but in good health and fully vaccinated but I still wore a mask maybe 10% are wearing masks it doesn’t bother me one way or the other. I got elbowed or run into a couple times and it was sort of irritating until I accidentally cross checked this other collector who was bent over a show case. I did see one you tube celebrity filming. It would be nice to be able to take a break and sit down with a coffee or soft drink but the snack bars are packed long lines and no place to sit down. 100 people waiting in line outside at Starbucks. Tomorrow I may exit the venue and walk across the street to take a breather. Lots of those hand held suitcases that carry “Slabs” lots of collectors dragging suitcases too. Some females lots of kids too!
Big pickups include 11 hits 1967 Philadelphia Marvel stickers if you don’t know these are TOUGH. I bought a full set 1973 OPC hockey funny rings inserts all 17 also ten hits 47-66 exhibit baseball I’m closing in on the set so some of these were toughies. I collect the 1961 Post baseball cards in both box and company style I got Mays company also picked up the Mantle company I had to come off my wallet for that Mantle but glad I did. Hits to 39 and 40 Playball sets too. I nearly finished my 48 Leaf boxing set I need one more I bought Joe Louis Max Schmeling among some others. I did finish my 1960 Leaf baseball set #118 John Callison that’s a tough card. Lots of other stuff too. I haven’t added a card to my 1961 Fleer basketball set in a couple years but William Chapel came through with #47 Wilt Chamberlain in action. Last story I finished my 1966 TOPPS rub off set (wax pack insert) I FINALLY found the Orioles pennant TOUGH card paid $7. An hour later I was at Ron Estes table and saw a fellow collector pull the Orioles pennant ruboff charge was $2.50 I steamed a bit that I missed that one but all ended well as I found another Orioles pennant in a dollar box and of course I bought it lol! Roommate Matthew is at the minor league Chicago Dogs game Taylor and I ate at the “biker bar” next door to hotel burgers were 1/2 price and delish! 9:30 time to shut down and try to get some sleep tomorrow day three! Larry

Last edited by LuckyLarry; 07-29-2021 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:04 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Great write ups, Larry. Much appreciated!
Old 07-30-2021, 04:03 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Any idea what time does will call open for the show ?
Old 07-30-2021, 07:23 AM
Jeff P

Thanks for the posts, Larry. Sorry we haven't run into each other yet. Maybe meet up for a few just to say hi? Text me at 703-431-2920 if you have a few. I leave this afternoon (mid day) to head home. Been too long.

jeff
Old 07-30-2021, 09:21 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

When you say Post "company style", are you referring to perforated versions since they were the redemptions? Haven't heard that term before.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:34 AM
And.y Ell.is

Hi Larry, really enjoying the posts about the show. I'm curious about the
1973 OPC hockey funny rings inserts, was this from a hockey card dealer ? or someone who just happen to have this ? In Nationals past, I have not found
much hockey. usually one dealer from the great white north. -Andy
Old 07-30-2021, 10:20 AM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
When you say Post "company style", are you referring to perforated versions since they were the redemptions? Haven't heard that term before.
That's what they call the cards you sent away for, which came in perforated sheets, as opposed to the plain sheets on the cereal boxes. You will find, as I did, a lot of good information in my post about this recent acquisition.
https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=305693
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1961 Post Cereal Box.jpg (83.4 KB, 944 views)
Old 07-30-2021, 10:07 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

Apple Watch stats: sleep 6 hours 39 minutes; steps 18,704 or 8.4 miles walked. Money spent today $1,284. Normal morning routine and I’m in the show with the VIPs at 9:30
Yesterday I looked at a lot of 40 1932 Tattoo Orbit pins along with 3 pins from a supposed Cracker Jack set, obviously I don’t know much about these but what is neat is that the pins are attached to a vintage beanie it was a sight to see. I thought about that beanie all night and I went right for it at show opening and paid the asking price $400 I’ll post a picture when I get home and have access to a computer I am typing on my phone. That beanie is spectacular! Today I finished at least four sets 1954 Red Man with final card Willie Mays (a gift from my roommate Matthew) also finished 1948 Leaf boxing with a beautiful Sugar Ray Robinson also 1950 Topps Parade Flags of the World (I have been looking for #99 Japan for probably five years and found in one dollar binder) and 1967 Topps non sport Who Am I #27 Admiral Richard Byrd. Other cards include two tough 1935 National Chicle football cards, Topps football bucks, Civil War News, Several 1939 and 1940 Play Ball baseball cards, and it goes on and on. Really another great day at the show especially before it got very very crowded around 12:30. I did not exit the venue for a break as planned but went upstairs in a vacant hallway for awhile to escape the mayhem. The crowd thinned out some around 4, and I left as the show closed at 6. Met up with about a dozen OBC members for dinner across the street at Murray Brothers Caddy Shack good food great stories especially from one of our newest members Stewart O who tells tales of him opening packs of 1951 Bowman baseball cards had a good time! Tonight we are expecting roommate #4 last minute attendee who gets the pleasure of sleeping on the couch cushions I take off the sofa bed plus he will be banging on our door around 3AM after getting here from ORD. More of the same tomorrow I expect, and now that I know Caddy Shack is right across the street, I’d be a fool for not escaping the crowd I’m sure that will be there from 1-4
Old 07-31-2021, 10:01 AM
Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithsky View Post
Any autograph guys cancel yet?
David Ortiz.
Old 07-31-2021, 10:45 AM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Vi Vi Vi- Vicarious !

(sung to the tune of “Notorious” …For Phillies Phans it’s also Sir Didi’s walk up song played right before he grounds into the shift)

Guru your reports are “must read material “
Please keep them coming!

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:49 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

According to my watch 5.5 hours sleep last night and today I walked 15,422 steps or 7 miles. Spent $908 with $806 left for tomorrow and to get me home. Entered the show with the VIPs at 9:30 first thing thumbed through a monster box of vintage baseball exhibits and picked out about 20 hits to my shrinking list. Today I mostly bought 1940 Play Ball cards. I also picked up two of the last three 1941 Play Ball cards I needed Lefty Gomez and Bill Dickey. Then I got on a roll with 1935 National Chicle football cards and by the end of the day had added six cards to my collection. I did take a break from the action around 1pm and had lunch across the street. There didn’t seem to be as many people at the show today as there was yesterday but it was still busy. I added a hit to my 1948 Bowman basketball list #55 Max Zaslofsky leaving just two more for my set yes one of them is the Mikan RC. All in all another great day at the National. Our annual OBC Swap Session began at 7 pm and held at our hotel so that was nice and so was the pizza and wings, and a ton of cardboard was flying around the room too. Plan is to hit the show again early tomorrow for a couple hours before heading to the airport. Larry
Old 08-01-2021, 05:45 AM
Scott Russell

You getting just the 6 National Chicles for $908 would be pretty good. Then add in all that other stuff and that should put to rest the idea that everything is over-priced!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 08-01-2021, 01:10 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

Apple Watch says 7 hours 7 minutes sleep and I walked 8,677 steps or 3.92 miles at the show today Sunday. I skipped the free breakfast and just chilled on the couch drinking coffee we arrived at the show around 8:45 hoping to find some last day sales but I didn’t see any as I have before at the National maybe we left to early. I left the show with $55 so today I spent $751 plus during my next to last purchase I opened my wallet to pay and had to say “oooops” and pay with my Visa card (which canceled the slight discount I got) charge $270. I stopped by the eBay booth they gave me a set of slabbed cards which I’m not sure what that is about but also the $10 coupon which is what I came for. First purchase was a full set 1979 Topps Incredible Hulk priced $20 got got $15 yesterday I picked up a handful of unopened packs. Bought two hits 1939 Playball cards from Blowout Cards bargain box I hope they were a bargain at this stage I’m not sure. Then I’m after my new favorite cards 1935 National Chicle football and I knew which dealers had them. Total I added eight more cards four of which are numbered above #24 and considered tough high numbers. I am well Over 1/2 done with the set two cards are in PSA holders but I’ll crack them out when I get home. Today as I scanned cards bent over the showcases many times I knew what the dealers looked like before I even made eye contact I’ve looked at every table several times. I was ready to leave at 11:30 and Taylor called me a little after 12 and we met in the lobby. Taylor drove me to ORD and he is off starting his trek home to North Carolina. I’ve got almost four hours before my flight leaves but I don’t care I am enjoying just relaxing and sitting here at Gate 24 thumbing through my cards. Tomorrow I’ll post a picture or two when I have access to my computer. Larry
Old 08-01-2021, 01:57 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Apple Watch says 7 hours 7 minutes sleep and I walked 8,677 steps or 3.92 miles at the show today Sunday. I skipped the free breakfast and just chilled on the couch drinking coffee we arrived at the show around 8:45 hoping to find some last day sales but I didn’t see any as I have before at the National maybe we left to early. I left the show with $55 so today I spent $751 plus during my next to last purchase I opened my wallet to pay and had to say “oooops” and pay with my Visa card (which canceled the slight discount I got) charge $270. I stopped by the eBay booth they gave me a set of slabbed cards which I’m not sure what that is about but also the $10 coupon which is what I came for. First purchase was a full set 1979 Topps Incredible Hulk priced $20 got got $15 yesterday I picked up a handful of unopened packs. Bought two hits 1939 Playball cards from Blowout Cards bargain box I hope they were a bargain at this stage I’m not sure. Then I’m after my new favorite cards 1935 National Chicle football and I knew which dealers had them. Total I added eight more cards four of which are numbered above #24 and considered tough high numbers. I am well Over 1/2 done with the set two cards are in PSA holders but I’ll crack them out when I get home. Today as I scanned cards bent over the showcases many times I knew what the dealers looked like before I even made eye contact I’ve looked at every table several times. I was ready to leave at 11:30 and Taylor called me a little after 12 and we met in the lobby. Taylor drove me to ORD and he is off starting his trek home to North Carolina. I’ve got almost four hours before my flight leaves but I don’t care I am enjoying just relaxing and sitting here at Gate 24 thumbing through my cards. Tomorrow I’ll post a picture or two when I have access to my computer. Larry
Great reports thanks for sharing.

What are the 2 cards PSA gave you? Do they have a special flip from the national on it? If so I would like to see a pic if/when possible. If they have a special flip and anybody has an extra one to sell please hit me up. Weirdly I collect PSA slabs with oddball flips.
Old 08-01-2021, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I got elbowed or run into a couple times and it was sort of irritating until I accidentally cross checked this other collector who was bent over a show case.
amazing. the accidental crosscheck was a regular move of mine back in the hockey days
Old 08-01-2021, 02:24 PM
d.ean

Thanks for the reports. A fellow collector friend, mirrored your reports, of crowds, far more new stuff (last three years) and collectors with clam shell suitcases covering display cases. This morning, I was viewing vlogs on YouTube about the National. The following video seems to be one huge segment of the hobby. The price for some of these cards is just nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO9PYOWspZs

It is the land of investors and flippers. I don't think this is going to end well for many "investors". Don't get caught holding the bag.
Old 08-01-2021, 02:34 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazard View Post
Thanks for the reports. A fellow collector friend, mirrored your reports, of crowds, far more new stuff (last three years) and collectors with clam shell suitcases covering display cases. This morning, I was viewing vlogs on YouTube about the National. The following video seems to be one huge segment of the hobby. The price for some of these cards is just nuts.

It is the land of investors and flippers. I don't think this is going to end well for many "investors". Don't get caught holding the bag.
lets get it...lets get it...lets get it...oy!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2021, 02:48 PM
Al Stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazard View Post

Lewis Hamilton BGS 9 baby!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2021, 08:57 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

Apple Watch says 2 hours and 50 minutes sleep My flight was delayed around five hours I think I heard there was a problem with the tug as the aircraft pushed out of Panama City, and the nose wheel assembly had to be inspected before taking off for Chicago. I played with cards and watched YouTube videos in the gate area for 10 hours

James I'm not an autograph collector but to me it looked like long lines and a disaster. There seems to be a "front of the line" option when you buy your ticket. I don't care what it costs BUY THAT!

Andy: Hockey was very scarce. The dealer you mention from Canada could be named Len he always has his cards displayed on his tables covered by a vinyl sheet for security. I heard Len was unable to cross the border and I really missed seeing him. The hockey funny rings set was purchased from one of the regular long time baseball card dealers.

Ben PSA did not give me the cards, eBay did. Ebay was also giving out $10 off coupons and I used that this morning lol. The cards (in thick slabs) are pictured (under the Wild-Card gold pack) I got the set of four, and signed up to get card #5 in the mail.

Dean I watch a few of the youtubers and I saw them on the show floor. I'll be watching to see if I make a video appearance lol. I am afraid they are headed for a big fall. Are "man-buns" as popular as they were on the show floor?

Hers a picture of my pick-ups and I'll spend today resting and updating want-lists and putting cards away

Old 08-02-2021, 09:34 AM
octavio ranzola

omg that hat
Old 08-02-2021, 09:38 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

One more picture it"s a "jackpot" when the dealer invites you behind the table to go through his box of exhibit baseball cards. I'm sitting down (BONUS) and checking my want-list. I pulled over 20 hits (and my list isn't that long) some of these are tough to find. I paid $90 and pulled all the "Choo-Choo" cards he had. PS my roommate went back to this table on Sunday and purchased all the exhibit cards the dealer had I think around 900 total (there were some reprints).

Old 08-02-2021, 09:43 AM
Mike P.ap

Default cool!

Such a fun week! Thanks for sharing. That beanie is amazing! You can picture the kid back in the early third of the 1900s collecting these pins on the hat! Such history!

Great find! Take care!

Mike

Last edited by vthobby; 08-02-2021 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-02-2021, 10:17 AM
And.y Ell.is

Larry, yes Len is the guy I was thinking of, he usually is the only all hockey dealers at the national. I have purchased from him in Toronto.
Old 08-02-2021, 10:20 AM
octavio ranzola

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceplay sport View Post
Larry, yes Len is the guy I was thinking of, he usually is the only all hockey dealers at the national. I have purchased from him in Toronto.
hockey vintage wise is a good buy right now ive done 10k last three months in buys ,,,im happy stick to the hall of famers just saying.