NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Rules for the Buy/Sell/Trade area

We have new folks registering for our board almost every day so I think it's time to let folks know about the rules for our Buy/Sell/Trade areas. It's very simple. There are none. If you make it a habit to over-communicate and treat each other as you want to be treated, it will be a good start. Those two things will help in every transaction.

That being said there are US laws that govern every day transactions. That is the main recourse you have if something goes sour over there. A board member asked me about delivery of items and I feel a cut and paste is appropriate. Even with this it is absolulely caveat emptor. This pertained to whos responsibility it is for delivery of a card.

1. Yes, it is the sellers responsibility to get you the card and the buyers responsibility to get the seller the money HOWEVER, if it is stated that you must buy insurance to have it insured or they (the seller) isn't responsible, then that is what it is. It depends on the wording of the sale SO if they say nothing it is their responsibity to get the card to the buyer. You have to also remember there are no formal rules on the BST so you do need to be explicit in your transactions. If you send money, nothing was ever said, and the card gets lost....there is nothing I can do to help. They are legal contracts and enforcable by regular laws....but that is a major pain. The only control I have is to allow or not allow someone to participate. Hope that explains it.

Last edited by Leon; 02-14-2010 at 11:35 AM. Reason: be a little more explicit
Old 02-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Rob Miller

Hey Leon,

I know there are no official rules on this, but can there be regulation on how many different threads are started by the same person when it isn't necessary to do so? Just seems like a common courtesy issue. Also in addition, any "is this real or fake" question shouldn't be on the B/S/T.

Just my three cents....

Rob
Old 02-14-2010, 12:14 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robextend View Post
Hey Leon,

I know there are no official rules on this, but can there be regulation on how many different threads are started by the same person when it isn't necessary to do so? Just seems like a common courtesy issue. Also in addition, any "is this real or fake" question shouldn't be on the B/S/T.

Just my three cents....

Rob
Hi Rob
In my mind a rule and a regulation are the same thing. There won't be any of them as then someone (the other mods and I) will need to enforce them and that is just not something I/we want to do. (I know I don't, anyway). You are correct, it is common courtesy in how things are done over there. If something is egregious let me know and I will take a look. Even though there are no written rules I have been known to politely enforce common courtesy.

Yes, a "is this real or fake" question shouldn't be in those areas....best regards
Old 02-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default and

And I just took care of some common courtesy over in the T section.....Mr. T206 needs to read FAQ's or ask questions...

Last edited by Leon; 02-14-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:48 PM

Leon, how do you feel about stating your intent to buy something on the BST, having that seller give you a grand total with shipping, and then 2 minutes later tell you "sorry, someone else offered more"?
Old 02-23-2010, 12:48 AM

As Frank Burns said, "I think he should be flogged."
Old 02-23-2010, 05:52 AM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago206 View Post
Leon, how do you feel about stating your intent to buy something on the BST, having that seller give you a grand total with shipping, and then 2 minutes later tell you "sorry, someone else offered more"?

I would say that they have saved me the trouble of having to look at their listings in the future.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:03 AM
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago206 View Post
That's almost as bad as having a grown man whining about it in repeated messages even after the situation had been explained several times. Besides, I thought you were happy because I "got the worst of it in the end".
Old 02-23-2010, 06:04 AM
Banned

After reading this thread -- http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=121070 -- I understand the seller's explanation. He checked his e-mail before realizing he received PMs that were sent before the disgruntled poster's e-mail. If that's how it unfolded, it's unfortunate. However, it's not as cut and dried as "sorry, someone else offered more"

Last edited by Rob D.; 02-23-2010 at 06:06 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:24 AM
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D. View Post
After reading this thread -- http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=121070 -- I understand the seller's explanation. He checked his e-mail before realizing he received PMs that were sent before the disgruntled poster's e-mail. If that's how it unfolded, it's unfortunate.
I'm glad someone can understand my mistake/explanation. I tried to tell Chicago several times via PM and the thread and apologized but he still doesn't get it. I even got a PM this morning telling me how I lost in the end because I could have gotten $350/each for the Hindus if I had posted them on eBay.

Quote:
However, it's not as cut and dried as "sorry, someone else offered more"
Exactly. He even made another offer for more than I sold the cards. If I was just in it for more $$$ wouldn't I have taken his counter-offer? For that matter wouldn't I just keep them and try to sell them for $350 a piece on eBay.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:40 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default this is easy

Without seeing the PM's this looks like the seller made a mistake, owned up to it, lost some money in the process and did the right thing.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:45 AM
Pup6913

This road looks familiar

Trust me Chicago if I ever gave any great advice on this board I am going to have to say let this go before it comes back on you. I agree you were the first to post, but there is no way of knowing if you were the first responder. I have sold many items and never had them post but got PM's instead. I always say that PM's come first in my sales. Send a pm and then make a post saying "PM sent." When a door closes another opens

As far as the cards I wish I would have seen them. I don't even collect 206's but I may have made a start from that