NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Hockey, Olympic, Auto Racing And All Other Cards

Old 04-21-2024, 09:22 PM
D@le Irv*n

Default Playoff hockey

Anyone watching the greatest/hardest game on earth in the hockey playoffs?

I don't believe my Leaf's are going to do much this year? In fact, I think they will be lucky to win a game against Boston?

I like Dallas a lot but I'm afraid of the bigger/tougher Vegas Golden Knights.

Outside of that I have a few teams who I hope do well but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we see another Florida/Vegas final?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shanahan quote..jpg (55.4 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by irv; 04-21-2024 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-21-2024, 09:31 PM

Watching in Vancouver. Nothing better than playoff hockey

Sent from my SM-F721W using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2024, 10:17 PM
Bob Andrews

We watched the Rangers and Caps at The Maple Leaf, Houston's hockey bar. Shared an order of poutine and downed a few Molsons. Playoff hockey is wonderful fun.
Old 04-21-2024, 10:28 PM

Going to game 2 in Vancouver Tuesday night. Another level in the building

Old 04-22-2024, 08:42 AM
Mike Lenart

Playoff hockey is great!!

Rooting for the Rangers.

If they don't win it all I would like to see Toronto win. Otherwise, rooting against some teams but just want to see great hockey.

And overtime games are the best!

Mike
Old 04-22-2024, 09:11 AM
Al Wright

Go Rangers! Been 30 years since the win over Vancouver in '94. First team to 16!
Old 04-22-2024, 09:33 AM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

My team, Capitals, are going nowhere and fast.

Second team, Avalanche, may have a chance but age is creeping in on a few of their key players.

The game between the Avs and the Jets was crazy entertaining yesterday.

I will watch as much as I can because I like hockey, it is entertaining. No real dog in the fight for me though.

Go Caps! Or go as far as you all can, anyway. It is well past time to retool that team though. And that means the Great 8 too. I want to see him get the scoring record, but not hang on until well after he is able to contribute. That showed itself this year, regrettably.

Completed: 1969 - 2000 Topps Baseball Sets and Traded Sets.

Senators and Frank Howard fan.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.
Old 04-22-2024, 09:53 AM
Melissa

Some great playoff games this weekend. Avs v Jets, wow, high scoring game! Canucks pulled it out in the third period.

More playoff hockey tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2024, 12:25 PM
Robert J. Miller

My Flyers did not make it and are rebuilding.

So with the exception of a few teams......Bruins, Rangers, Stars, I do not care who wins. I just enjoy playoff hockey.

I have been saying for years that playoff hockey is the exciting and the best.

Bob
Old 04-22-2024, 03:15 PM
D@le Irv*n

The Rangers look really good this year and should have no problems with Washington.
The Vancouver/Preds game last night was a good one but I suspect Vancouver will prevail in that series?

Nylander sounds like he has a sore back and might not play again tonight?
Like I said, I believe a Boston sweep regardless against Toronto?

It's a shame Dallas and Vegas are going at each other in the 1st round. 2 great teams, imo, should be a series played much deeper into the playoffs. But, I guess that's the way it goes?

Hurricanes should beat the Islanders, imo.
I see the Panthers getting by TB too.
Jets and Av's is one of those series that I think could go either way, but I see the Jets prevailing, maybe?

Edmonton vs the Kings. Should be Edmonton winning that one, but, I think if the Kings can get it together, they could upset them? The Kings have really faltered as of late, especially Byfield, who was lighting it up earlier in the season. I think the Pierre Luc Dubois trade/contract and with the fact he certainly isn't living up to they hype L.A. placed on him is affecting the whole team? Something seems to be up if that's not it though?
Old 04-23-2024, 04:56 PM
Matt G

Go stars!

Man, the Knights are tough though.

Should be a fun series… I struggle to stay up late to watch the end of the games. Only made it through 2 periods last night

M@tt G@lvin (formerly LarsHoneyToast)

T206 HOF'ers: 10/76

1956 Topps HOF’ers: 8/36
Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightRaceCards View Post
Go stars!

Man, the Knights are tough though.

Should be a fun series… I struggle to stay up late to watch the end of the games. Only made it through 2 periods last night
That whole Stone debacle, although legal because of the CBA, needs some serious looking into.
An acquaintance on another forum mentioned he knows a friend of Stone's who informed him a couple/few yrs ago, that his days of playing a full season anymore are behind him. Of course, no idea how true, but this guy seems like a pretty straight shooter, imo.

Talk about rubbing salt in the wound too when Stone scored the 1st goal of his first game back of the first game of the series.
I like Vegas but I like Dallas more and think they are in tough against them.

Last edited by irv; Yesterday at 11:54 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:13 PM
Scott Duguid

Losing Demko is tough but I think the Canucks can still prevail against the Preds. Have to get Pettersson going
Old Today, 05:19 AM
Kevin from Franklin Square, LI

Quote:
Originally Posted by commishbob View Post
We watched the Rangers and Caps at The Maple Leaf, Houston's hockey bar. Shared an order of poutine and downed a few Molsons. Playoff hockey is wonderful fun.
John Tonelli always told me hockey would work in Houston. I’m not sure why the NHL has yet to go there. I hope you guys are on the next list for expansion, I was sure the Coyotes would be going there in February…
Old Today, 05:26 AM
Kevin from Franklin Square, LI

This Rangers-Caps series has a 1994 Rangers-Isles series. The 1994 Ranger team is the last team that won a Stanley Cup only playing 3 rounds: the Isles simply mailed it in. It was an exhibition round.

The Isles? I’ve been saying this all year: the team is old and slow. They really aren’t very good. All those loser points actually helped towards the end. Very mediocre team.

Rangers match up with Boston next ? Yeah, they should be primed to move to the semis unscathed like 1994 first two rounds.
Old Today, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
John Tonelli always told me hockey would work in Houston. I’m not sure why the NHL has yet to go there. I hope you guys are on the next list for expansion, I was sure the Coyotes would be going there in February…
They just have to sign this guy up and .......

https://www.texasmonthly.com/arts-en...-year-reunion/