NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Hockey, Olympic, Auto Racing And All Other Cards

Old 09-24-2022, 06:39 PM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Default Happiness is a new hockey season

Go Caps.

Rock the Red!

Completed: 1969 - 2000 Topps Baseball Sets and Traded Sets.

Senators and Frank Howard fan.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.
Old 09-27-2022, 01:05 PM
Robert J. Miller

Happiness is..... The E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

And yes the start of Hockey....Go Flyers!
Old 09-27-2022, 01:46 PM
David Linardy

Default Hockey season!!!

let's go B's!!!!!
Old 09-27-2022, 08:36 PM
Mike Lenart

Go Rangers!!

Mike
Old 09-28-2022, 07:14 AM
Scott Maynard

Go Bluejackets!
Old 09-28-2022, 05:11 PM
Rob

Let's.....Go.....Blues!!!!!!

Last edited by Kurri17; 10-02-2022 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-02-2022, 12:22 PM
Scott Duguid

Go Canucks!!
Old 10-02-2022, 12:35 PM

Lets... Go ... Blues!!!!
Old 10-02-2022, 04:35 PM
Tim Odeen

Rooting for the Kraken! Hoping for better than 2021-22.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 10-03-2022, 07:51 AM
Jim Caravello

Go Isles and Go Canes!
Old 10-03-2022, 10:37 AM
Murr the Blurr

From a longtime Colorado fan living in Oilers country: The Avs will get a run for their money from the St. Louis Blues, but will repeat as Stanley Cup championships. And I wouldn't trade MacKinnon for McDavid straight up ...
Old 10-03-2022, 03:18 PM
Tony Quinn

Go Hawks!!! Ugh....
Old 10-04-2022, 08:57 AM
octavio ranzola

go habs lol
Old 10-08-2022, 04:46 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

First time in a while that I'm optimistic that my Devils can make the playoffs.
Old 10-20-2022, 11:16 PM
Scott Duguid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedin26 View Post
Go Canucks!!
Uhhhhh….maybe next year.
Old 10-21-2022, 08:29 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedin26 View Post
Uhhhhh….maybe next year.
I was thinking just the other day who was going to be fired first? Boudreau or Keefe?
A much needed win for the Leaf's last night, but if they don't keep building on that, I give Keefe 3 weeks or so before he is let go.

Dubas too, possibly?
Old 11-17-2022, 03:19 PM
Jonathan Sterling

How bout them devils !!
Old 11-17-2022, 05:11 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
How bout them devils !!
I'm hoping the Leaf's can stop their winning streak tonight (just underway) but my hopes aren't high.
Love this response from Jack from the reporter's stupid question. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFv-Wbo0Zr0
Old 11-17-2022, 10:32 PM
Tim Odeen

A new year of skate lessons and intro to hockey. Classes have been delayed as local organization starts partnership with the Kraken.

Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 11-18-2022, 02:13 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
A new year of skate lessons and intro to hockey. Classes have been delayed as local organization starts partnership with the Kraken.

Nice, Tim.

Surprised, however, that it doesn't look like hockey helmets are mandatory for these skate lessons/intro to hockey sessions?
When I took my son to stick and puck, even I had to have a hockey helmet on at all times.
Old 11-19-2022, 10:49 AM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Nice, Tim.

Surprised, however, that it doesn't look like hockey helmets are mandatory for these skate lessons/intro to hockey sessions?

When I took my son to stick and puck, even I had to have a hockey helmet on at all times.
They are not mandatory for skate lessons. Maybe 80% of the kids wear them though. My son has one but chooses not to wear it. No sticks or pucks are allowed on ice during skate lessons. However, learn to play hockey is mandatory which is why he has a helmet.

Edit: I probably should add helmets is a battle I've chosen not to fight with my son. My son is a stubborn son of a gun. He's 9 yo. I save my energy for the fight about showers, teeth brushing, and practicing piano.

Last edited by todeen; 11-19-2022 at 11:16 AM.
Old 11-19-2022, 12:51 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
They are not mandatory for skate lessons. Maybe 80% of the kids wear them though. My son has one but chooses not to wear it. No sticks or pucks are allowed on ice during skate lessons. However, learn to play hockey is mandatory which is why he has a helmet.
It's likely the "trainer" in me and all the courses I've taken to obtain that title that is coming out in me and why I asked?
Just knowing our rules are different, I was just curious on yours is all.

Speaking of the Seattle Kraken, my old supervisor, John Goodwin, is now scouting for them. He is great friends with Ron Francis, which started back in their playing days for the OHL Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds. He was also the assistant coach/coach of the Oshawa Generals for a few years.
I met "Goody" back in 89 at DNGS (Nuke plant) and worked with him for around 2-3 yrs.
He was a heck of a hockey player during his day but his stint in the NHL didn't work out as planned as he got drafted by Montreal, and because of the play the French guys first attitude, he never had an opportunity. Too bad as I honestly think he would have made a great NHL'r.
https://www.facebook.com/OHGOntario/...990657/?type=3
https://soogreyhounds.com/article/mo...dwin-was-great

Anyways, sorry for getting off track here. All the best to your son and his hockey dream.
Old 11-19-2022, 01:19 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
It's likely the "trainer" in me and all the courses I've taken to obtain that title that is coming out in me and why I asked?

Just knowing our rules are different, I was just curious on yours is all.

Speaking of the Seattle Kraken, my old supervisor, John Goodwin, is now scouting for them. He is great friends with Ron Francis, which started back in their playing days for the OHL Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds. He was also the assistant coach/coach of the Oshawa Generals for a few years.

I met "Goody" back in 89 at DNGS (Nuke plant) and worked with him for around 2-3 yrs.

He was a heck of a hockey player during his day but his stint in the NHL didn't work out as planned as he got drafted by Montreal, and because of the play the French guys first attitude, he never had an opportunity. Too bad as I honestly think he would have made a great NHL'r.

https://www.facebook.com/OHGOntario/...990657/?type=3

https://soogreyhounds.com/article/mo...dwin-was-great

Anyways, sorry for getting off track here. All the best to your son and his hockey dream.
That's a cool association!

I got an update about learn to play hockey and why it's on the back burner. As NHL moves into our Eastern WA region, they are creating a tiered system of approval. They don't want Spokane Youth Hockey to be like the YMCA, where young kids without training and skating skills are the majority. So new recruits must be "invited" to move up the ladder. They must be invited/approved out of learn to skate, then invited out of learn to play. I was originally told this would start in December, but now the date is pushed back to February. Supposedly this is more like the Canadian system.

Old 11-20-2022, 08:52 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
That's a cool association!

I got an update about learn to play hockey and why it's on the back burner. As NHL moves into our Eastern WA region, they are creating a tiered system of approval. They don't want Spokane Youth Hockey to be like the YMCA, where young kids without training and skating skills are the majority. So new recruits must be "invited" to move up the ladder. They must be invited/approved out of learn to skate, then invited out of learn to play. I was originally told this would start in December, but now the date is pushed back to February. Supposedly this is more like the Canadian system.

That's not a system I am familiar with here in Ontario but it could be different in other Provinces?

Here in Ontario, or at least in my neck of the woods in Southern Ontario, we have house league/church league where any player can sign up and play no matter what their skill level is. All kids are welcome, including girls.

We also have a Rep system, AE, A, AA and AAA which are all based on skill level/acceptance to the team via tryouts.
If you're an excellent player, of course your chances of making AAA are great and it goes down from there.

Some kids in house/church league, due to the costs of rep, among other things, may decide to stay there despite their skill level and skip rep.
With church/house league, all kids are supposed to get equal ice time despite their skill level, and for the most part they do.

Within the house/church league, for those that can't afford Rep hockey or choose not to play, we have a "Select" system where players, who choose to sign up, can try out. Each team is only allowed 20 players so of course not all that tryout make it.
This select team, obviously, has more games/tournaments and practices and is a cheaper way, despite the added costs of course, for house/church league kids to play at a higher level.

My son didn't start playing hockey until he was 8 yrs old, and only decided to because the vast majority of his friends did. Despite his late start, compared to many kids, he was determined to catch up so we signed him up for whatever he wanted, including hockey camps, 4 on 4 and of course stick and puck once to 3 times a week. School always came first though.
I miss those days bigtime now and still wish he was playing but when he turned 18, due to his age, and his interest waning, he was no longer eligible for rep or house league hockey.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM1112a (Medium).JPG (63.2 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0121.jpg (204.2 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg Walker with A Champs Cup.jpg (33.1 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg Walker's Rep A Hockey pic (Large).jpg (63.6 KB, 92 views)
Old 09-11-2023, 09:06 PM
Tim Odeen

Reviving an old thread. Son just joined 10U House. Trying out goalie at the weekly clinic.20230911_192443.jpg

Old 09-12-2023, 08:59 AM
octavio ranzola

go habs
Old 09-18-2023, 03:55 AM

Let's go Golden Knights!!! Back to back!!!
Old 09-18-2023, 05:28 AM
Scott Maynard

Should be an interesting year for my Bluejackets, hopefully things turn out ok
Old 09-18-2023, 10:52 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Reviving an old thread. Son just joined 10U House. Trying out goalie at the weekly clinic.
Nice!
Did he he make it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott6043 View Post
Should be an interesting year for my Bluejackets, hopefully things turn out ok
Babcock gone before he even coached one game. I was curious after his 4 yr absence if he had changed any but we all know that answer now.
Old 09-18-2023, 06:47 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Nice!

Did he he make it?
He was "drafted" for defense. But the goalie clinic is for anyone. He will probably continue going to the clinic. He liked the first week.

Tim

Old 09-18-2023, 09:40 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Let's go de-vils!!!