NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-30-2014, 02:09 PM
Joe Jesselli

Default Judge orders Peter Nash to pay $261,000 in legal fees to Rob Lifson

...or, to put it another way, about the cost of five dubious Joe Jackson gamers:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ite...ntry-1.1774284
Old 04-30-2014, 02:38 PM
Dan Marke1

Congratulations are in order.........

....... to the lawyers who hauled in $261,000 in legal fees.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Congratulations are in order.........

....... to the lawyers who hauled in $261,000 in legal fees.
You say that like it's a bad thing.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:42 PM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default Nash

Just went to You tube and watched that rap video... Pop goes the Weasel... pretty good !
Old 04-30-2014, 04:48 PM
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
I was at a dinner with medical professionals last night. One of the guys found out I was a lawyer. He told me a lawyer's job is to "wreck doctors' lives." I just shook my head.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:51 PM
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangman62 View Post
Just went to You tube and watched that rap video... Pop goes the Weasel... pretty good !
I had never heard the song (only 27yo). I just listened to it and it cracked me up - my how rap has changed.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

Old 04-30-2014, 04:54 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

This makes me happy.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:09 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Only Smoke 4 the Cards View Post
I was at a dinner with medical professionals last night. One of the guys found out I was a lawyer. He told me a lawyer's job is to "wreck doctors' lives." I just shook my head.
What? I'm thinking that bending over (figuratively) patients for 10 minutes of babble after making us wait for 30 minutes in a petri dish of toddlers, probably makes up for their poor little 'wrecked' lives. Plus, I take the bus home and they have a BMW parked beneath the building.

At least when I pay a lawyer I know the rate and I know what I'm getting.

Sorry for that rant, but thanks for giving me the opportunity
Old 04-30-2014, 05:10 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx840 View Post
This makes me happy.
It would make me happy too, but he isn't going to pay it. He's been ordered to pay people in the past and nothing's happened. What makes Rob any different from his other victims?
Old 04-30-2014, 05:17 PM

Last edited by CW; 10-13-2014 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:27 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
Getting a judgment and collecting on it are two different things, particularly where the fees were expended in efforts to collect on another upaid judgment.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-30-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:32 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Nothing about this in the breaking news section of Hauls of Blame...oh well I'm sure Peter will post something in the AM.

I'm sure there's a way he can tie this to Barry Halper....
Old 04-30-2014, 05:52 PM

What was his Dad thinking?
Taken 50 G's from a Catholic School Fund so Little Peter wouldn't lose his house?
Seems like Little Peter has been a hand full...

His Poor Dad... Seems like a Noble man! Poured his life into that School & then had to step down because of the Sins of his Son!

Glad to see that his Colleges at the School gave him some Grace for what he did...

Are any of the pieces from this story going to be(or have they been?) Auction'd off "from the famous Nash Case"?

Maybe the Boston Championship Pin!?!?
Old 04-30-2014, 06:49 PM
K!ya S@bet

Quote:
Are you a malpractice attorney?
Old 04-30-2014, 06:57 PM
R.L. Americana, LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Getting a judgment and collecting on it are two different things, particularly where the fees were expended in efforts to collect on another upaid judgment.
We have been very successful in our collection efforts and will continue pursuing all avenues that we believe will be fruitful. With the help of the courts, I guarantee we will eventually collect every penny! I’m looking at another $2000 check on my desk right now that arrived from the Boston bar today. It really puts a bounce in my step and brightens up my day when I go to the bank to deposit Nash fraud judgment checks.

He’s now down to $328,197.05 minus $2,000 = $326,197.05.

We are very pleased that the judge held Nash responsible for all of our legal fees. Of special note, this includes 100% of the legal fees relating to Ray Nash and Bishop Ford. In addition this includes all the legal fees relating to the fraudulent conveyance case vs Nash’s brother-in-law David Dinallo, the legal fees from Boston (attaching the bar income), all the legal fees in New York pursing bank records, tax returns, wife’s deposition etc, and of course all the legal fees in New Jersey including for depositions and subpoenas etc.

Nash will even be paying for his own arrest warrant! (that is, the legal services that resulted in his arrest warrant being issued, which is still outstanding and in full effect).

It may take a while. But we will collect. And when REA is finished collecting, I will then do whatever I can to help Robert and Lisa Fraser collect their $442,511 (plus interest) fraud judgment against Peter Nash. And if I can be helpful to the IRS, the State of New York, or any other victims, I will certainly try to help them as well.

Sincerely,

Robert Lifson

President

Robert Edward Auctions LLC

www.robertedwardauctions.com
Old 04-30-2014, 07:00 PM
Kenny Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksabet View Post
Doesn't matter. You could do wills and trusts and you would get the same statement from most docs. I'm not even sure they like the lawyers who represent them and get them off when they commit egregious malpractice. It is simply ingrained from medical school on. Such is life.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:08 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by REA View Post
It may take a while. But we will collect. And when REA is finished collecting, I will then do whatever I can to help Robert and Lisa Fraser collect their $442,511 (plus interest) fraud judgment against Peter Nash. And if I can be helpful to the IRS, the State of New York, or any other victims, I will certainly try to help them as well.

This sounds like an unfortunate development for Robert, if there is now another $250K in front of him? Hopefully the well is deep enough to satisfy all creditors, eventually. The bar in Boston best be selling a lot of drinks.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-30-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:17 PM
Alex

Quote:

No, prosecutor.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

Old 04-30-2014, 07:33 PM
Sean Costello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Cole View Post
Doesn't matter. You could do wills and trusts and you would get the same statement from most docs. I'm not even sure they like the lawyers who represent them and get them off when they commit egregious malpractice. It is simply ingrained from medical school on. Such is life.
Support a lawyer: send your kid to Medical School.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:36 PM
Kevin Qui.nn

Couldn't you assume ownership of the bar and sell it?

Kevin
Old 04-30-2014, 07:38 PM
R.L. Americana, LLC

Quote:
This sounds like an unfortunate development for Robert, if there is now another $250K in front of him? Hopefully the well is deep enough to satisfy all creditors, eventually. The bar in Boston best be selling a lot of drinks.
Hi Peter! The legal fees are not a surprise to Robert and Lisa Fraser and they are well aware that our efforts have helped them. The judge’s order specifically instructed us to have the court address legal fees when we were ready. Would it have been better for the Frasers if REA had not been awarded our legal fees? Perhaps. (I see what you are saying). But we were due these fees, and without incurring them (and the resulting benefits), the Frasers would be further away from the day they could start collecting. Under the circumstances of this case, legal fees were always likely to be awarded to some extent. The Frasers were well aware of this and will benefit. Also, perhaps most important: we believe the well is deep enough.

Sincerely,

Robert Lifson

President

Robert Edward Auctions LLC

Old 04-30-2014, 07:42 PM
Peter Spaeth

Rob, I understand that you are entitled to your legal fees and that since they relate to your judgment which has priority over Robert's they tack on to that judgment. I was not suggesting any unfairness or surprise, just musing in light of Robert's many posts recently that he is now in fact -- as you acknowledge -- even further behind than he was.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:43 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoodedcoder View Post
Couldn't you assume ownership of the bar and sell it?

Kevin
Nash doesn't own the bar, just an interest in it.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:45 PM
Banned

And somewhere, Herbie Buck sheds a tear, and shakes a fist at the heavens, over the injustice of it all.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:18 PM
Rich Klein

I guess it's time for this "milquetoast" to ask Peter Nash some questions for an interview.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:57 PM

Last edited by CW; 10-06-2014 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:01 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Really?--thanks for that pearl of wisdom.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:21 PM
Peter Spaeth

Have another beer, Todd.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Have another beer, Todd.
I was really hoping for permission.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:48 AM
Dan Marke1

Quote:
If only that was true for "card doctors".
Old 05-01-2014, 07:20 AM
K!ya S@bet

Quote:
No, prosecutor.
Sorry I was being silly. I just pictured a bunch of docs sitting around complaining about lawyers in front of a malpractice attorney while said attorney laughs all the way to the bank.

Coming from a family of dentists and Doctors I have seen both sides. That is why I encourage an MD/JD track to my kids. Why not be both?
Old 05-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Alex

Quote:
Sorry I was being silly. I just pictured a bunch of docs sitting around complaining about lawyers in front of a malpractice attorney while said attorney laughs all the way to the bank.

Coming from a family of dentists and Doctors I have seen both sides. That is why I encourage an MD/JD track to my kids. Why not be both?

I would advise against it. One of my wife's friend is doing it and her debt is ridiculous. Also, becoming a MD is such a long process do you really want to add on for a JD?
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

Old 05-01-2014, 05:01 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
I would advise against it. One of my wife's friend is doing it and her debt is ridiculous. Also, becoming a MD is such a long process do you really want to add on for a JD?
The cost of law school is probably less than the cost of hiring a good lawyer to defend a malpractice case, so it could pay for itself.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Jeremy W.

I'd really like to see Robert & Lisa get some of their money back.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyW View Post
I'd really like to see Robert & Lisa get some of their money back.
Unless Rob's judgment which has priority and now is 262k more is being paid from additional sources beyond the $2k monthly check from the bar, that day is a long way off it seems.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-01-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Jeremy W.

Sad, but true. Very sad.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sago View Post
And somewhere, Herbie Buck sheds a tear, and shakes a fist at the heavens, over the injustice of it all.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Ain't that the truth.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Kenny Cole

Quote:
The cost of law school is probably less than the cost of hiring a good lawyer to defend a malpractice case, so it could pay for itself.
I saw the smile Peter, but I will still say that the lawyer who represents him/herself has a fool for a client. I also think that dabblers in two professions are generally at a disadvantage both ways. Moreover, IMO, MD/JD's most often end up being expert witnesses in med mal cases, don't generally practice, and are hated by their MD peers. My suggestion would be pick one or the other unless the objective is to stay in school forever and not actually ever
work.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:01 AM
Scott S

Looks like our old friend Mr. Nash has another suitor in line - $13K in back taxes this time!

Linky
Old 07-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Daryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
Looks like our old friend Mr. Nash has another suitor in line - $13K in back taxes this time!

Linky
I think that my web browser has a caching problem. I refreshed haulsofshame.com several times but this article still isn't listed.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:05 AM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Default Yeah, Happy Collecting From Him

Linky works for me - I just had to get past the Nursing Degree Online adverts. Honestly, would you go to a hospital that graduates a nurse that way? Sort of ironic that Nash shares the same webpage.

Last edited by Paul S; 07-02-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:45 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

http://wnyt.com/article/12415/?vid=5203718&v=1

Last edited by wonkaticket; 07-02-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:51 AM
Dav1d Sh1p$ey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
I think that my web browser has a caching problem. I refreshed haulsofshame.com several times but this article still isn't listed.
lolololol
Old 07-02-2014, 12:38 PM
€dw@rd Sk€Łt0n

I have only been seriously collecting for 6 months, so I really don't know much of the past involving this guy. I have read enough, though, to be able to say it is very ironic that he was a rapper for 3rd Bass, and sang "Pop Goes the Weasel." Collecting vintage cards just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 07-02-2014, 05:19 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
He should probably go see a doctor to get that pink eye cleared up.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:35 PM
John

Quote:
Were you shaking your head up and down or sideways?
1909 - 1911 T206 Polar Bear (29/250)
1909 - 1911 T206 Basic Backs (9/16)
Old 07-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Dan Marke1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakestahl'sgloveshows View Post
were you shaking your head up and down or sideways?
lol!

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain