NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-05-2020, 08:44 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Default T210 and T212

Does anyone collect either of these much any longer? I occasionally have seen a thread here or there about one or the other. I used to have about 60 T212-2s and about 10 T210s and honestly wish I still did. Lately, I've had some thoughts about starting back up with one set or the other. Is there still a market/supply?
Old 05-05-2020, 08:57 AM
Scott S

The limit of big names (Joe Jackson and Stengel aside in T210, and maybe Buck Weaver from T212) really limits the collectors going after these sets, in my opinion. Certainly are some who pursue them, but much less because of the lack of major league names.

With that said, what's a thread without a scan or two....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T212 weaver.jpg (51.5 KB, 213 views)
Old 05-05-2020, 09:59 AM

The artwork on these is superb.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2020, 10:26 AM

Default I still collect catchers in both sets!

I still collect catchers in both sets!

Patrick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1911TIEDEMANNOBAK.jpg (30.0 KB, 194 views)
File Type: jpg T210MUNSON - Edited.jpg (35.7 KB, 190 views)
Old 05-05-2020, 10:39 AM
Tim Newcomb

Default Obaks

I've collected the three Obak sets enthusiastically for about fifteen years and I'm complete except for two 1909 players (and some variations). I think they are among the most beautiful sets of all, and I don't mind the lack of stars (in fact, I prefer it that way since there aren't any megabuck cards to deal with (unlike T210s).

I think the market for T212s is very stable - Just the opposite of the trendier issues that tend to blow hot and cold. I would call them great collector sets (as opposed to investor sets). If you start collecting them you'll find a nice core of folks and a decent supply of cards on the market at non-crazy prices.

Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
Does anyone collect either of these much any longer? I occasionally have seen a thread here or there about one or the other. I used to have about 60 T212-2s and about 10 T210s and honestly wish I still did. Lately, I've had some thoughts about starting back up with one set or the other. Is there still a market/supply?
Old 05-05-2020, 11:45 AM
J@$0n.Chri$$i$

Yes, I collect T212's but haven't picked one up in a while. I finished my T212-2 back run a couple years ago and still pickup PCL HOFers and stars that are included in the sets. Here's my back run and few of my favs. Sorry for the bad picks, haven't gotten around to scan all of them yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T212A1.jpg (77.6 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg T212B1.jpg (77.6 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg T212C1.jpg (78.0 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg T212D1.jpg (83.0 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg T212E1.jpg (77.8 KB, 175 views)

***I've had 50+ successful BST transactions as both a buyer and a seller. Please feel free to PM me for references***
Old 05-05-2020, 12:09 PM
JeR@Me

Default T210's are fantastic!

The T210 sets are mostly collected by Advanced collectors. Very collectible, also challenging, and most are scarce and some rare. I have collected them for 20 years or so... I have known folks to collect them by Team or by city or by 1 of the 8 series. You can go several directions with the set. What I love most about the T210's is the obscure history that is out there on these players. Fun to research...several played big league ball as well. A cool set that is not mainstream, but very collectible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8-C-Mclaurin.jpg (83.6 KB, 162 views)

Last edited by DixieBaseball; 05-05-2020 at 12:29 PM.
Old 05-05-2020, 12:27 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Thanks for the replies thus far. If anything, I feel worse than I already did for selling off what I had previously collected....LOL! That isn't really typical of me as a collector.

You guys may or may not understand my logic (not sure I do even), but since I live in the South I decided to sell off the Obaks a few years ago to pursue more Southern-oriented issues, like the T210s. I feel like this time around, I need to choose one or the other. Honestly not sure which at this point. If I went with the Obaks, I would do series 2 again. If T210s, I would probably start with series 3. Aesthetically, I prefer the Obaks by a bit, but the draw of the regional southern T210s is strong as well.

Good stuff, guys! I really appreciate your scans. They remind me of the ones I had.
Old 05-05-2020, 12:32 PM
JeR@Me

Default Series 3...

Series 3 is an awesome series, and you can collect all of them. Also has the 20 orange borders in there as well and prices have come down to more reasonable levels as well.

Quote:
Thanks for the replies thus far. If anything, I feel worse than I already did for selling off what I had previously collected....LOL! That isn't really typical of me as a collector.

You guys may or may not understand my logic (not sure I do even), but since I live in the South I decided to sell off the Obaks a few years ago to pursue more Southern-oriented issues, like the T210s. I feel like this time around, I need to choose one or the other. Honestly not sure which at this point. If I went with the Obaks, I would do series 2 again. If T210s, I would probably start with series 3. Aesthetically, I prefer the Obaks by a bit, but the draw of the regional southern T210s is strong as well.

Good stuff, guys! I really appreciate your scans. They remind me of the ones I had.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1-OM Pack 1.jpg (55.5 KB, 164 views)
Old 05-05-2020, 12:33 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieBaseball View Post
Series 3 is an awesome series, and you can collect all of them. Also has the 20 orange borders in there as well and prices have come down to more reasonable levels as well.
Yes, I have never owned one of the OBs, but that is a draw for me.
Old 05-05-2020, 01:06 PM
Jason Wells

T210 is a terrific set and a lot of fun to chase. I would say right now new to market cards are few and far between. But prices have depressed as mentioned so now is a great time to pick up a few examples. Next year I will have been working on the set for a decade. I anticipate it taking a couple more!
Old 05-05-2020, 04:54 PM
Marc

I collect them both and have founds ways to focus within each.

For T210, I collect Houston and Galveston. Although series 3 cards are relatively common, the orange border cards and the red border cards of the guys who also have orange borders are pretty tough. I've been looking for the same few cards (e.g., Burch from Houston) for a few years.

For T212, I collect players connected to the San Jose/Santa Clara area of California. Attached are a few of my favorite 1909s.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T210-3.jpg (75.7 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg 1909 obak Hap Hogan.jpg (74.0 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg 1909 obak Graham.jpg (69.2 KB, 134 views)
Old 05-05-2020, 05:42 PM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

I'm currently looking for T212 Vernon Tigers, along with the only T212 Los Angeles Angel I don't already have; the 1909 Howard without the frame on the back.

Unfortunately, the supply seems to have completely dried up, at least on ebay, except for the usual sellers with overpriced BINs.

I'm also on the lookout for T210 San Antonio Bronchos, but except for an occasional orange-border, I've only ever seen one, an Alexander I found on ebay in 2010, from a seller in either Nova Scotia or New Brunswick.

Steve

Current Wantlist:
1909 Obak Howard (Los Angeles) (no frame on back)
1910 E90-2 Gibson, Hyatt, Maddox
Old 05-07-2020, 08:18 PM
Tim Newcomb

Default Regional collecting

I totally get the Southern fascination, as a proud (sometimes, anyway ) North Carolinian. I can’t imagine thinking the Old mills are aesthetically superior, but it’s definitely fun to collect stuff that’s from your own area.

The good thing is that whatever you decide now, it doesn’t have to be the last thing you collect.

Tim

Quote:

Last edited by timn1; 05-07-2020 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:46 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by timn1 View Post
I totally get the Southern fascination, as a proud (sometimes, anyway ) North Carolinian. I can’t imagine thinking the Old mills are aesthetically superior, but it’s definitely fun to collect stuff that’s from your own area.

The good thing is that whatever you decide now, it doesn’t have to be the last thing you collect.

Tim
Thanks, Tim. Arkansas here. Hence the potential focus on T210-3. Texas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma are about as close to home as I am going to get. If I ever managed to focus long enough to complete that, I am not certain which series I would tackle next.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk