NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 01-22-2021, 09:42 PM
Eric Perry

Default How do I find the pop count for this?

I've been trying to find this blank back on the SGC pop report. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any numbers for a blank back. Can anyone help me figure out how many overall copies there are?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1960-Topps-Hank-Aaron-All-Star-(Front) - Copy.jpg (74.6 KB, 128 views)

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 01-23-2021, 05:06 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

I don't think SGC has yet figured out how to combine both their legacy (2018 and before) and current pop reports. At least I haven't seen any announcement or discussion that it finally works. So at this time, all they are showing in their Pop Reports to my knowledge, are the ones slabbed without the submission number-item number certifications they went to with their GOSGC modernization after they moved to South Florida.

You'll have to wait for them to reconnect the old database for it to show up in the Pop Report.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 01-23-2021, 05:36 AM
Adam Wan.aselja

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
I don't think SGC has yet figured out how to combine both their legacy (2018 and before) and current pop reports. At least I haven't seen any announcement or discussion that it finally works. So at this time, all they are showing in their Pop Reports to my knowledge, are the ones slabbed without the submission number-item number certifications they went to with their GOSGC modernization after they moved to South Florida.

You'll have to wait for them to reconnect the old database for it to show up in the Pop Report.
Does this mean that cards in the old green flip are not accounted for in the pop reports?
Old 01-23-2021, 07:15 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanaselja View Post
Does this mean that cards in the old green flip are not accounted for in the pop reports?
Just looked up a set that I know about (T51 Murad), and it looks like they must have added back all the old cards in the original pop report. I can't see anyone having submitted 17x Adrian College cards within the past two years.

They must have merged the two with little to no fanfare. However, they do admit when you go to the page that there may be inconsistencies, and to try and report them if you find them.

Looks like they finally met a Monday deadline.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:26 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

So back to the original post, I don't see any cards listed in the 1960 Topps Pop Report on the SGC website that mentions a blank back. It may just be lumped into the VG 3 category as a standard card.

So it looks like you can go to the card in question, right click on the "566 Hank Aaron All-Star" line and select "Report an Issue." Then in the dropdown, there is a slot for "My card doesn't appear to be in the Pop Report." Fill out the information and maybe SGC will contact you when they break it back out into a Blank Back variation.

I reported one (listed as 350 Mickey Mantle Commemorative Reprint) to ask why a reprint was listed in their 1960 Topps set Pop Report. So we'll see how long it takes for them to fix.

Checking the cert lookup, that is correct:
Quote:
SEARCHED AUTH CODE: 1381910-034
SET: 1960 Topps
CARD #: 566
SUBJECT: Hank Aaron
DESCRIPTION: All-Star
GRADED ON: April 2016
GRADE: 3 VG/40
Nice to see the "Graded On" line as well. That should help out the BODA guys...

Last edited by swarmee; 01-23-2021 at 07:47 AM. Reason: realized card in OP was originally graded VG.
Old 01-23-2021, 10:12 AM
Eric Perry

Quote:
So back to the original post, I don't see any cards listed in the 1960 Topps Pop Report on the SGC website that mentions a blank back. It may just be lumped into the VG 3 category as a standard card.

So it looks like you can go to the card in question, right click on the "566 Hank Aaron All-Star" line and select "Report an Issue." Then in the dropdown, there is a slot for "My card doesn't appear to be in the Pop Report." Fill out the information and maybe SGC will contact you when they break it back out into a Blank Back variation.

I reported one (listed as 350 Mickey Mantle Commemorative Reprint) to ask why a reprint was listed in their 1960 Topps set Pop Report. So we'll see how long it takes for them to fix.

Checking the cert lookup, that is correct:

Nice to see the "Graded On" line as well. That should help out the BODA guys...
Thank you for helping me to navigate the SGC website. I've completed the "report an issue" form. Guess we'll see if/when SGC adds it to their pop report.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)

- Yogi Berra

Last edited by Eric72; 01-23-2021 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-23-2021, 10:27 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

You're welcome. I've already submitted like 50 error requests on that set and the T51 Murad set, just for fun.
The pop report, despite the Facebook post from SGC saying that they spent months cleaning it up, is still LOUSY. Thanks for prompting me to go and do the research to locate it.

What I noticed is that there are no "BLANK BACK", "AUTO" (well, one...), "PROOF" etc variations in the pop report. So ALL of those (sans the one Carl Yastrzemski RC auto) are in the straight up condition numbers. I already requested that they break all those variations up, but on the opposite side, I recommended they split the "Presentation Set" variation into a separate set altogether instead of cluttering up the pop report for the regular 1960 Topps baseball set.

Now that I've noticed that you can see the "Graded on" date in their Cert lookup tool, I wonder how long it will take before they hide that information.... probably just one or two more findings by BODA.
Old 01-23-2021, 12:01 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
...I've noticed that you can see the "Graded on" date in their Cert lookup tool, I wonder how long it will take before they hide that information.... probably just one or two more findings by BODA.
On a related note, I've also noticed the "graded on" date is currently visible when searching BVG cert numbers on the Beckett site.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)

- Yogi Berra
Old 01-23-2021, 12:15 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Neat. Oh, and I already got one response thanking me for submitting the list of corrections for those two sets.
Old 01-29-2021, 03:47 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Can you post an image of the card back? SGC emailed me that they need it to fix the listing.