NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-21-2004, 12:29 AM
Administrator

Default The Curse Is Still Alive!

Posted By: Ryan Christoff

To all Red Sox fans, let me start by saying may you all die a slow and torturous death followed by eternal damnation roasting in the flames of hell!

Now that I've gotten that off my chest: Congrats on the clutch win. Not only was it clutch to win the series, the Red Sox were simply the better team. It's the first time I can remember thinking that, let alone saying it.

Man, it's hard to say that. I feel like Fonzie when he would have to admit he was wr-wr-wr-wrong.

"C-C-C-Con-Con-Congratulations."

Not to rain on your parade (although it would be nice) but just a reminder that although the Yankees are dead at the hands of the Red Sox, the curse still has another 6 years before it will be lifted. The Red Sox will not win the World Series until 2010. Here’s why:

The curse is not the curse of the Yankees, it’s the curse of the Bambino. After the Red Sox sold him, Ruth played 15 seasons for the Yankees, then one for the Boston Braves. As of tonight, the Yankees involvement in the curse has ended. On Mickey Mantle’s birthday, we can close the 15th and final Yankee chapter of the curse.

After 86 years, the curse has moved from New York TO BOSTON. You are done with the first 15/16ths. The next 6 years of the curse will be due to the 1 year the Babe spent back in Boston with the Braves. Therefore, as the mathematics clearly show, The Red Sox will not win the World Series until the year 2010 when they fittingly beat the Atlanta (formerly Boston) Braves at Fenway.

Still, I guess you’ve earned the right to celebrate for the moment. I know I would.

Just kidding about the burning in hell part.

Sort of.

-Ryan

Old 10-21-2004, 01:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Nickinvegas

I agree with your logic, it's the signs of mental instability that concern me!

This is the year. Accept it. RED SOX 2004 MLB Champs! I like the sound of that.

Nick

PS: I wonder what you could have possibly edited out of that classic post.

Old 10-21-2004, 01:12 AM
Administrator

Nick,

It was just a spelling mistake that was edited.

And you have no idea how mentally unstable I am after that game. I'm almost glad it was a blowout instead of a nailbiter or I'd be in an institution right now.

Luis Gonzalez still hurts. This will hurt longer if the Red Sox win the World Series.

Death to Kevin Brown and Alex Rodriguez!

Where have you gone, Jason Giambi?

-Ryan

Old 10-21-2004, 03:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Rios

hey nick,

it is just one for the sawx.

one.

Old 10-21-2004, 05:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Pcelli60

Get some rest friend...

Old 10-21-2004, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Andy Baran

Ryan,

I'm glad that you are predicting that the curse is still alive. Let me remind you about 3 other predictions that you made to me before last nights game:

1.) Johnny Damon has proven that he is worthless. He will be a non-factor

2.) Kevin Brown will have a Curt Schilling - like performance

3.) The Yankees will rock Derek Lowe

Psychic will never be used as a word to describe you

Go Red Sox!

We Sox fans deserve to have a little fun with our friends who are Yankee fans. God knows they've had their fun with us over the years.

Old 10-21-2004, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Andy,

It might be the denial talking, but I would argue that I was absolutely correct on all 3 predictions:

1. Johnny Damon is, in fact, utterly worthless. Unless you're the Red Sox.

2. Kevin Brown's performance was very Schilling-like. If he was forced to throw left-handed with 5 of his cervical vertebrae fused together and his right leg amputated. Then again, Schilling would never have walked a batter to load the bases. Better make that both legs amputated. With the flu. On 2 days rest. When he's 74.

What I really meant was that Kevin Brown would have a Schilling like game, in that he wore a uniform and stood on a mound while throwing a ball. Schilling wore a uniform, so did Brown. Schilling stood on a mound, so did Brown. Schilling threw a ball, so did Brown. Indeed, Brown was Schillingesque.

3. What I meant when I said the Yankees would rock Derek Lowe was that he would rock out when they played Van Halen's "Unchained" between innings. Oh, they rocked him. Like a hurricane. Go Scorps!

I hope this clears up the confusion.

-Ryan

P.S. Thanks for not mentioning Sheffield's game-winning 3-run home run or the fresh arms of the Yankee pen shutting down the Red Sox hitters except for Manny who was going to have a monster game that wouldn't be enough to help them win.

Old 10-21-2004, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

The guy has taken so much unnecessary and uncalled for crap from the media and BoSox fans that I was really happy for him last night. Forget all the Schilling falderall, Lowe was the hero of the series, along with ex-Twin David Ortiz.
What what Nomar is thinking about now...

Old 10-21-2004, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: DENNIS

IN CHICAGO with the cubs

Old 10-21-2004, 02:00 PM
Administrator

You mean the Red Sox actually have won a World Series since 1918? What year?

And why aren't the White Sox cursed? Shouldn't there be a "Curse of the Black Sox" or something? Really, that makes more sense than the Bambino or a goat.

-Ryan

Old 10-21-2004, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

if the Red Sox were somehow to win the World Series this year, I am happy to report that the record will still stand at 26 WS Championships for the Yankees to 6 for Boston.

Old 10-21-2004, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Forrest

George Steinbrenner should read your post - I'm sure that would calm him down.