NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-11-2015, 10:29 AM

Default eBay Linked PayPal Acccount?

I do much of my pre-war buying on the BST board, but will bid on eBay items I need and are uncommon. I just had two snipe bids rejected because "Pending bid for auction xxxxxxxxxxxx failed because the seller requires bidders have a linked PayPal account." This is the first time in well over 1,000 eBay bids that this has happened. WTF? The seller left money on the table as two of my bids were substantially higher than the hammer price.

I have googled the issue and while I can find many references to HOW to link eBay and PayPal accounts, I can find nothing that explained exactly WHAT a linked PayPal account is, or what the advantages/disadvantages might be. Actually, I thought I WAS linked. For example, I just bought a BIN item and just clicked on the "pay by PayPal" button. Presto, the item was paid for -- I was not taken to the PayPal site nor required to log in to PayPal. So, what the heck IS a linked account?

If anyone can unconfuse me, I would appreciate it.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:38 AM
Jimmy Knowle$

I am confused too. I pay just as you do. I don't understand either.
Anybody know?
Old 02-11-2015, 10:45 AM
Mike

Go to your Account tab on your My eBay Page. At the bottom of the second section, YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT INFORMATION, I have an option to unlink the two. Perhaps you will have the option to link them

Your PayPal Account Information

View and update your PayPal account information and profile summary. Clicking the links below will take you to PayPal's secure website.

Go to your account overview
- opens in a new window or tab

View account history

Update profile summary
(account information, financial information, and selling preferences)

What else can you do?

Your eBay account is linked with your Paypal account:******** Remove link with PayPal account
(Removing this link will make it more difficult to buy items from sellers who require confirmed PayPal accounts).
Old 02-11-2015, 07:18 PM

Thanks, apparently I am not linked but I still do not know what it means to link the two accounts. What is the big advantage to the seller that he is willing to sell at a lower price because he requires a linked account? What (if any) advantage to me is it to have the accounts linked?

How many of you folks have linked your eBay and PayPal accounts?
Old 02-12-2015, 06:49 PM
Bob McLean

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfallen View Post
Thanks, apparently I am not linked but I still do not know what it means to link the two accounts. What is the big advantage to the seller that he is willing to sell at a lower price because he requires a linked account? What (if any) advantage to me is it to have the accounts linked?

How many of you folks have linked your eBay and PayPal accounts?
Well, I quit pay'pay a long time ago and haven't tried to buy anything on the bay for a long time. I don't remember being linked in 2004.