NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-12-2005, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Default Another Newbie-Lurker Introduction

Posted By: HiNeighbor

Hello....Greg Theberge here. Saw somewhere where we should introduce ourselves and come out from lurking.
Also new to this forum for the past few months or so. Have enjoyed reading many of the posts here and have been trying to get myself an education on early cards. Am pretty green to the hobby so haven't had much to share. I guess I would consider myself one of those "lurker" type people, mainly due to the fact that I know very little on the subject and am just trying to learn. I began collecting pre-WWI Boston American/Red Sox items a couple of years ago, but have had a lot of experience collecting early Rhode Island Brewery advertising for the past thirty years. If you want to know anything about that topic, I can talk your ear off. <G>. Most of the collection I share with my dad dates from the same era as the material on this forum.....late 19th century to the 30s and 40s. (The 20s was a pretty slow time for beer, and the Sox for that matter, due to a series of unfortunate circumstances). The majority of our collection is composed of extremely rare one of a kind pieces and some, such as a 1916 celluloid schedule from the Narragansett brewery, even have a relationship to the Red Sox. I guess it was natural to expand our collection to pre-WWI Sox stuff because of this. We published a book a few years back along with some collector friends titled New England Breweriana (Schiffer). Have actually been gathering material for a possible upcoming publication relating the history of beer to the Boston Red Sox dating back to the Huntington Avenue Grounds. After all, I think one could argue that beer is the most natural beverage to be drunk at the ballpark.....

In addition to pre-WWI cards, am especially interested in early World Series programs and press pins. Am also looking for anything to do with Red Sox Ale and Red Sox Whiskey. If you know of any sources, would appreciate an email. Anyway, thought I would introduce myself. This forum is great and all of the people on it seem to be very helpful. The camaraderie is very enjoyable.

I'm tired, time for a brew...

Cheers to you all!
Greg Theberge

Old 08-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John

Sounds like some awesome stuff Greg, and I agree a beer sounds good. Welcome aboard.

Old 08-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: bruce dorskind

Among the items I have which may be of some historical
interest..

an original Royal Rooters pin and picture of the Club President
from the 1907-08 period

Jimmy Collins sheet music celebrating the 1903 World Championship

Pin from 1904 with player picture celebrating championship team
of 1903

three psa 8 boston Ramly cards

Let me know if anyone has an interest in seeing same

Bruce

Old 08-12-2005, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Welcome aboard, Greg. Thanks for the intro too....