NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-26-2016, 12:13 PM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Default Philly Show

I will be heading to the Philly Show on Sunday... would love to hear some reports or see some photos from Friday and Saturday!
Old 02-26-2016, 01:04 PM
Glyn Parson

Default helped a friend set up

Than perused the floor. A little light on the prewar. was able to pick up some nice raw 50-60s stuff from a fresh collection purchased by one of the smaller dealers. Also picked up some tougher/popular cards from my friend Kenny but nothing prewar. Seemed to be more dealers than the last few times, fewer empty spots and vacant areas. Can not speak to the crowd as I cut out before the public showed up.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:15 PM
Robert J. Miller

I was set up at the last show in December. I could not do this one as I am taking my daughter to check out Kutztown University on Saturday.
Anyway, when I did the show in December, I was shocked at how small the show had gotten since I missed attending the past several shows. Anybody know what happened for the show to get that small. It was a real shocker to me.
Robert
Old 02-26-2016, 09:23 PM
Ryan

I'll be there set up booth 815, near the autograph pavillion. If you're looking to buy or sell, swing over and say hi.
http://www.nhcardguys.com

Old 02-27-2016, 12:05 AM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan View Post
I was set up at the last show in December. I could not do this one as I am taking my daughter to check out Kutztown University on Saturday.
Not to hijack the thread, but I just wanted to give an endorsement to KU. I have a business administration degree from Kutztown.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:31 AM
Joe

I will be at the show today. Hoping to find some wax. Although it's been a struggle since bbce is not there anymore.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:43 AM
Glyn Parson

Default Second Endorsement of Kutztown

I have a political science degree from Kutztown and live 15 minutes away. It is really a hidden little gem of a school. I give it my highest of recommendations, a truly fine institution.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:46 AM
Glyn Parson

Default Wax

It may be tough i saw 4 sharp corners buy a nice lot of wax and vending from a dealer. I believe they purchased it to break.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:34 PM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Default a bust?

based on the lack of activity on this thread, and my own experience of not buying a single item for the second time in a row, is this show a bust?

I did enjoy talking to Al and consigned a few items, but traffic looked really light. Some dealers were breaking down with two hours left in the day.

Anyone else attend? Any pickups?
Old 02-28-2016, 07:09 PM
Joe

I went yesterday and it was packed. Picked up a 67 mantle for $20 and some wax boxes!
Old 02-29-2016, 04:52 AM
Ne@l K

I was there on Saturday, which was my first time back in about 4 years. My have things have changed! The first thing that jumped out to me was the size of the crowd - years ago on a Saturday show morning at 10:30 it was packed. This time there may have been 100 people. A ton of modern stuff, no Levi, and and the room was half full (half empty in this case?) .... but it cured an itch I had.

Hopefully the National is better, as the best way to buy cards is in person.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:51 AM
Jeff P

Didn't make it this time but sounds like I didn't miss much. Agree that this show seems to be kinda limping along at this point.

jeff
Old 02-29-2016, 06:42 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I hope to do some shows in the future but the Philly shoe won't be one I do. I still harbor some angst about being told (by Hunt in a memorandum?) I couldn't do another local show if I do theirs. I don't dislike their auctions but I don't see me going to a show that has that kind of history. Plus, when asked about getting a table 6-7 yrs ago they said it was full. I went to the show and there were plenty of empty tables. Nah, too many others I would rather set up at. Hopefully later this year.....we shall see.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:44 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
It may be tough i saw 4 sharp corners buy a nice lot of wax and vending from a dealer. I believe they purchased it to break.
10,000 more PSA 10s coming up.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:45 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I hope to do some shows in the future but the Philly shoe won't be one I do. I still harbor some angst about being told (by Hunt in a memorandum?) I couldn't do another local show if I do theirs. I don't dislike their auctions but I don't see me going to a show that has that kind of history. Plus, when asked about getting a table 6-7 yrs ago they said it was full. I went to the show and there were plenty of empty tables. Nah, too many others I would rather set up at. Hopefully later this year.....we shall see.
If the Philly shoe don't fit, don't wear it.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:54 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
If the Philly shoe don't fit, don't wear it.
I might even go to walk around but not set up. There are several I am giving thought to. CSA and Fusco are 2 I would probably like to do (and they advertise here too).