NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2022, 05:45 AM
Tim Carroll

Default Finished my Allen & Ginter Quest!

I've always been a fan of the framed mini autographs in Allen & Ginter. Specifically, the non-baseball subjects. I picked up several over the years that I really liked, and when Harrison Ford was announced for the 2019 set, I decided to make a go for one of those. I found it very difficult to land, so I poured over the older A&G checklists to see if there were any others I had missed in previous years that I needed to find. There were MANY. So I started buying. As I knocked my list down, I continued to add. Finally I decided to make a run at all of them. I set parameters. I only wanted base frames, no black frame/25s. No red ink/10s. No GinterX for the newer sets. I knew that Phelps had 8 poses in 2009 (limited to 8 copies each), but I was content with landing 1 copy of any of the poses. I passed on adding other variations from other years like the Blaine sig variation, the Seto Kanji variation, and Augie Carton green ink. I do have the 2020 Courtney Hansen gold ink, but I do not count it towards my run. Since the 2019 Fish was an unannounced SP/10, I left it out of my hunt. I also omitted all of the employee autographs. I added the 2008 Marcus Henderson relic because it was a guitar pick that was autographed. It fits the collection. I also picked up the 2007 Greg Oden that was limited to 100 copies....even though it was inserted in the basketball product Echelon. I do not count the Oden towards my count because it wasn't checklisted with the regular 2007 set. In 2015, Topps inserted 10th anniversary edition framed autographs into packs. They used previous subjects like Hogan, Patrick, Andretti, Chestnut, etc. 12 total subjects, 10 in each A&G design. I picked up one of each subject regardless of design.

The final checklist through 2021: 571 cards (there's 573 pictured because of the Oden/Hansen mentioned above.) This will be spread out across 4 posts below. Here's to hoping 2022 has some monster A-list celebrities to chase!

www.timcarrollart.com

Facebook/Instagram/Twitter: @timcarrollart