NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 05-14-2020, 11:52 AM
Christian

Default 1982 Topps Blackless

Hi guys, i have a Question for old time Blackless Collectors: out of Hofers, what was the card or cards more difficult to find from regular or Common Players in true pure Blackless? Thanks!!
Old 05-14-2020, 12:20 PM

Isn't the #450 Jack Morris supposed to be the most difficult 1982 Topps blackless to find?
Old 05-14-2020, 12:40 PM
Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
Isn't the #450 Jack Morris supposed to be the most difficult 1982 Topps blackless to find?
think morris, trammel and henderson are the most difficult HOF to Find, but common or regular?
Old 05-15-2020, 06:02 AM
Ben W.hitener

I would think all of the HOF's and common players on the "C" sheets were the most difficult to find.
I'm guessing the guys putting the sets together had their specific tough ones that took them forever to find too.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:28 AM
Al Richter

When I was putting the set togerther the hardest card for me to find was any card I did not have. Position of the sheets may have impacted the number of times that cards such as Morris could be found with no black or gray traces
Old 05-15-2020, 03:29 PM
Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bswhiten View Post
I would think all of the HOF's and common players on the "C" sheets were the most difficult to find.
I'm guessing the guys putting the sets together had their specific tough ones that took them forever to find too.
Thanks Ben!! Hofers in C sheet are Hard to Find, i had luck to find Murray, Bench, Morris and Fingers.
B sheet have ones very hard to find, like Bucky Dent IA and Dale Murphy, A sheet cards like Steve garvey and George Brett.
Old 05-15-2020, 03:32 PM
Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
When I was putting the set togerther the hardest card for me to find was any card I did not have. Position of the sheets may have impacted the number of times that cards such as Morris could be found with no black or gray traces
Thanks Al. for me was easy find Morris complete Blackless thanks to God, love this Card!!

Last edited by Blackless Collector; 05-15-2020 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-15-2020, 05:22 PM

For me personally it is the Bill Buckner, I have only pursued the Cubs in the set and I couldn’t even find a previous sale of one anywhere. The eBay seller who sold me the Cruz and the Dillard a couple of years ago told me that Buckner didn’t exist, I knew that Buckner was on the C sheet so I asked Al to send me a scan of his for proof and he graciously did.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:22 PM
Joe W.
J0seph Wi.er

C-sheets are widely accepted as most difficult. When these were released in 82, current HOFers were still playing and not being hoarded by hof collectors which is a big niche. It wasn’t until the 90s that the hall of famer blackless cards started drying up. It is also speculated that many of the blackless that were collated into packaging were distributed in the Lansing area of Central Michigan with some finding their way west into the Grand Rapids area. With this in mind, I am of the opinion that Tigers fans likely tucked players from their beloved team away, not because they were blackless, just because it was their team, especially since it was just as they were ramping up to their 84 world series run. Many are probably collecting dust in a Michigan garage or basement. I would say C-sheet Tigers are most difficult, C-sheet HOFers are next and then C-sheet commons are on par with A & B sheet hall of famers. Since Jack Morris is a C-sheet Tiger and HOFer, collectors give him the title as most difficult because of the proverbial golden sombrero he wears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2020, 07:31 PM
Joe W.
J0seph Wi.er

Default 1982 Topps Blackless

Having said all that, as a Dodgers collector I have a complete team set and am one card away from my second. My goal is to have one graded and one raw team set. I still need a Dave Lopes InAction blackless card and yes, he is found on the c-sheet so by default I would say he has been my most difficult to obtain.

Last edited by 4reals; 05-15-2020 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:16 AM
Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
For me personally it is the Bill Buckner, I have only pursued the Cubs in the set and I couldn’t even find a previous sale of one anywhere. The eBay seller who sold me the Cruz and the Dillard a couple of years ago told me that Buckner didn’t exist, I knew that Buckner was on the C sheet so I asked Al to send me a scan of his for proof and he graciously did.
Hector Cruz card is impossible to find without smudge, is possible not in existence. The Bill Buckner Blackless Card exist, but is imposible to find.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1589368154515.jpg (73.9 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by Blackless Collector; 05-16-2020 at 07:22 AM.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:50 AM
Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4reals View Post
C-sheets are widely accepted as most difficult. When these were released in 82, current HOFers were still playing and not being hoarded by hof collectors which is a big niche. It wasn’t until the 90s that the hall of famer blackless cards started drying up. It is also speculated that many of the blackless that were collated into packaging were distributed in the Lansing area of Central Michigan with some finding their way west into the Grand Rapids area. With this in mind, I am of the opinion that Tigers fans likely tucked players from their beloved team away, not because they were blackless, just because it was their team, especially since it was just as they were ramping up to their 84 world series run. Many are probably collecting dust in a Michigan garage or basement. I would say C-sheet Tigers are most difficult, C-sheet HOFers are next and then C-sheet commons are on par with A & B sheet hall of famers. Since Jack Morris is a C-sheet Tiger and HOFer, collectors give him the title as most difficult because of the proverbial golden sombrero he wears.

Nice data. The Detroit Tigres in C sheet are very desired, Hofers and no Hofers.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:53 AM
Christian

Quote:
Having said all that, as a Dodgers collector I have a complete team set and am one card away from my second. My goal is to have one graded and one raw team set. I still need a Dave Lopes InAction blackless card and yes, he is found on the c-sheet so by default I would say he has been my most difficult to obtain.

I note Dodgers Cards have High demand, players like Garvey, Guerrero and Valenzuela, Lopes, Reuss are very rare to see. I never see one Lopes IA for sale.

Last edited by Blackless Collector; 10-28-2020 at 05:10 PM.
Old 05-16-2020, 07:28 AM
Christian

here my Hector Cruz Blackless, this card have 4 or 5 smudge variations.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1982 Topps Hector Cruz Smudge Blackless.jpg (73.8 KB, 81 views)
Old 05-16-2020, 12:45 PM
Al Richter

Yes, the blackless version of that card ranges from messed up to REALLY messed up
Old 05-16-2020, 02:00 PM
Joe W.
J0seph Wi.er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackless Collector View Post
here my Hector Cruz Blackless, this card have 4 or 5 smudge variations.

I just sold one of those on ebay. Did you buy it?

Old 05-16-2020, 02:46 PM
Christian

Quote:
I just sold one of those on ebay. Did you buy it?

Yes, the past week!!
Old 05-16-2020, 03:40 PM
Joe W.
J0seph Wi.er

Right on. Yeah, that was me.

Old 05-16-2020, 04:40 PM
Christian

Quote:
Right on. Yeah, that was me.