NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-03-2022, 11:04 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default Question to ebay sellers about offers to watchers

Hi All:

I seldom sell on ebay thus my question.

When you send an offer to watchers of your item, I assume ebay does not allow you to see the ebay handle of the people the offers are sent to is this correct?

Secondly if a watcher replies to your offer either as a rejection or a counter offer do you then see the ebay handle of those that reply?

Thanks in advance for answers
Old 01-03-2022, 11:45 PM
D@n Di.Pao.la

Default I think

From my experience after you send an offer on "send offer eligible" items...you can after the fact see the partial IDs of those that the offers went to when you go to the item and click on "manage offers"....You can see a couple of the letters..i.e... j***k (456)...which may be enough to know the buyer/watcher if you are familiar with their name/feedback #. Hope this helps.
Old 01-04-2022, 08:43 AM
Justin

If they counter offer you can then see their full ID.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jcosta19; 01-04-2022 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01-04-2022, 09:45 AM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcosta19 View Post
If they counter offer you can then see their full ID.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Thanks.

What if they decline? Can you see their full ID?
Old 01-04-2022, 09:46 AM
Ben Gehler

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
Hi All:

I seldom sell on ebay thus my question.

When you send an offer to watchers of your item, I assume ebay does not allow you to see the ebay handle of the people the offers are sent to is this correct?

Secondly if a watcher replies to your offer either as a rejection or a counter offer do you then see the ebay handle of those that reply?

Thanks in advance for answers
A follow up Q:
If I have 5 watchers; send offer out; only 1 watcher ("interested", as eBay puts it), got the offer sent to them.
Anyone know what eBay uses as criteria for only sending one offer out?
Thanks in advance,
Ben
Old 01-04-2022, 09:49 AM
R@ndy Hart.soe

The offer goes to all watchers who have not been previously sent an offer. If you have not sent any offers on an item, all watchers should get the offer based on my experience.

Rarely does anyone accept the offer at least on my offers sent.

Last edited by rand1com; 01-04-2022 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Add content
Old 01-04-2022, 09:59 AM
Ben Gehler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rand1com View Post
The offer goes to all watchers who have not been previously sent an offer. If you have not sent any offers on an item, all watchers should get the offer based on my experience.

Thank you Randy.
I get it now; and my experience fits your scenario; the item has been up a long time; offers were sent out before.
Cool, thanks.
Ben
Old 01-04-2022, 10:36 AM
Ben North

Quote:

Same here on the offers I have sent out. On the flip side I watch a lot of stuff I have no intention buying.
Old 01-04-2022, 10:56 AM
Lucio Barbarino
Lu.cio Barb.arino

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Same here on the offers I have sent out. On the flip side I watch a lot of stuff I have no intention buying.
Exactly. It's really annoying actually. I don't want these unsolicited offers.
Old 01-04-2022, 11:20 AM
Dave

I'm glad for the offers. I've bought a lot of stuff I put on my watch list and pulled the trigger when I got an offer.

It almost seems like some sellers will send out a lower offer, within a day after you add an item to your watch list. Sometimes I'll see something I like and put it in my watchlist, hoping to get a better offer from the seller. Unless it's something in high demand and I'm not dying to have it, there's no reason to buy it right away.
Old 01-04-2022, 11:28 AM
Ben Gehler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
I'm glad for the offers. I've bought a lot of stuff I put on my watch list and pulled the trigger when I got an offer.

It almost seems like some sellers will send out a lower offer, within a day after you add an item to your watch list. Sometimes I'll see something I like and put it in my watchlist, hoping to get a better offer from the seller. Unless it's something in high demand and I'm not dying to have it, there's no reason to buy it right away.
I love it when the seller keeps "counter offers" open, when sending the offer.
I sometimes will send a low ball offer, expecting to settle somewhere in between; and the counter just got accepted. It can be quite fun with the "counter" door is kept open.
Ben
Old 01-04-2022, 02:12 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

283. Shodification
An offer sent to you by an eBayer which is only a tiny, insignificant reduction of his original listing price.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 01-04-2022, 03:02 PM
Bill Cauley

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciobar1980 View Post
Exactly. It's really annoying actually. I don't want these unsolicited offers.
When I've been watching items I don't really mind the random offer coming in but what DOES get annoying is when I even LOOK at a listing (not watching it either) and ebay themselves sends me emails over the course of the next two weeks letting me know that it's ending soon, the price was lowered, seller added best offer option, or ended but here's another!

I'm not in marketing at all but I'd be curious to know how often that stuff works. I imagine much more than I think otherwise they wouldn't do it at all.

Last edited by BCauley; 01-04-2022 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Emphasis!
Old 01-04-2022, 06:01 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post

Same here, it has gotten to the point where I now place a good quantity of items that do not have offers available in my watchlist and wait. I often will ignore any offers and remove it from the list if I am sent something like a 3 or 5 percent discount. If I was dead interested that close to the price I would have bought already. I take that as a note that the seller is happy to overprice my set value and I am wasting time.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 01-04-2022 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-05-2022, 01:39 AM
Bob Davies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCauley View Post
When I've been watching items I don't really mind the random offer coming in but what DOES get annoying is when I even LOOK at a listing (not watching it either) and ebay themselves sends me emails over the course of the next two weeks letting me know that it's ending soon, the price was lowered, seller added best offer option, or ended but here's another!
100% agree. I get these emails and I wonder "Is this something I am watching?" if I don't read it closely.

If I am not watching it, it's likely in a condition I am not interested in, the shipping is exorbitant, or I've got some other reason to not save it.
Old 01-05-2022, 09:32 AM
Stefan

Quote:

Wow. 60-70% of my sales are from offers. I do send them as soon as I am able/see it though (I think they go away when the interested party buys something in their "session")
Old 01-05-2022, 10:44 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
283. Shodification
An offer sent to you by an eBayer which is only a tiny, insignificant reduction of his original listing price.
Spot on Darren

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 01-05-2022, 11:42 AM
Ben Gehler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smanzari View Post
Wow. 60-70% of my sales are from offers. I do send them as soon as I am able/see it though (I think they go away when the interested party buys something in their "session")
Thank you Stefan for saying. It's just my personal pref. but most of my watchlist consists of things that I may be interested in, once I get better flow (i.e. net54 or eBay items "pop", etc.); because the hobby itch must be supported by hobby sales $$$; wife sanctioned, lol. Some open auction items may on it for comps; when the gavel drops.

I appreciate when a seller allows "Counter Offer" when sending out their offer; I try to do the same with my sales. It helps both parties, in my opinion, to get a better read on closing a deal.

Ben
Old 01-05-2022, 01:32 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

I don't mind the offers coming from the sellers. In fact I just bought something I was looking at where the seller sent one of those offers at 40% off his listed price, which I grabbed.

What I loathe are the 'we thought you might be interested in' offers from ebay for items that are just barely remotely related to what I was watching/bidding on.
Old 01-05-2022, 03:58 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

I've had decent success with selling cards via offers. Probably between 5 to 10% of the cards I send offers for get accepted. I imagine that number would be higher too if I were selling cheaper cards.

Ultimately, it's all about pricing though (that and good pics). If you're looking for the highest possible comp you can find and expecting to sell at or above that price, good luck. But if you price them fairly, and in line with multiple recent sales, it will sell.
Old 01-06-2022, 01:49 PM
James M

When I was selling a decent amount on ebay, I always sent offers out when I had the option. I priced my cards at the top end of what I thought was fair, given the grade and eye appeal. I'd send the offer at a discount to that price, at an amount I'd be perfectly happy accepting. If the seller countered at a price I felt was close, I would attempt to work out a deal.
Old 01-06-2022, 05:47 PM
Andrew

Add me to the list of buyers who appreciates an offer (with more than like a 5% discount from the original price), especially one that allows a counter. That tells me that the seller is actually interested in coming to an agreement. I would say that for cards I'm actually interested in (as opposed to ones I'm just watching to see if they sell), the majority of the time I've received offers that allow counters, we've been able to work out a deal.

Last edited by ASF123; 01-06-2022 at 05:48 PM.