NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 10-05-2020, 06:52 PM
Trevor Hocking

Default I Started a YouTube Channel Talking About Cards Check It Out

Hey everyone,

Well after being out of the hobby for 14 years, all the effects of 2020 and coming to the conclusion that I was always happiest when I was doing what I love, I have decided to start my own YouTube channel talking about collecting cards. I need a way to connect again and I love talking about cards. So I decided to put myself out there and see what comes of it all.

I have spoken to Leon about this post and he has approved, thanks, Leon!

I would love to hear your feedback and if you guys have any ideas I would love to hear them. So thanks for checking it out and I look forward to connecting again.

Thanks,
Trevor Hocking

trevorsbaseballcards@gmail.com

https://youtube.com/channel/UCUJpR9913PItXmHFr-ZrRTQ
Old 10-06-2020, 10:22 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

I'm starting a drinking game every time you say "nice little lot" or "sweet little group." I watched the two of your "how I break down a collection" videos and felt you don't really explain your thought process as to why you're listing them on ebay; felt like more of an infomercial to send people to your Ebay store after 30 minutes.

I might watch in the future, maybe buy a collection on craigslist and actually go through it, rather than just hand-waving the actual process.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 10-06-2020, 11:11 AM
Trevor Hocking

Thank you for your time and the info! This is exactly what I am looking for. I really appreciate the feedback.

I am trying to find a formate that will be enjoyable for people to watch and is enjoyable for me to do. This is not about getting people to my eBay store. Its about talking cards and connecting. I have a tendency to go to what I know and that was been a dealer.

So again thanks for watching and taking the time to post a reply, it is very appreciated.

All the best,
Trevor
Old 10-06-2020, 10:15 PM
Dan Bretta

I enjoyed watching you break the 2020 Archives box tonight. Sucks that the autos were common though. I was lucky enough to pull a Steve Carlton out of a blaster box a few weeks back. I'll keep watching.
Old 10-07-2020, 12:22 PM
Trevor Hocking

Hey Dan!

Thanks watching! It seems like the box breaks are the most popular so far. I will be doing one video a day so thanks for checking back.

Just trying to have some fun with cards again.

All the best,
Trevor
Old 10-07-2020, 02:37 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by snider4prez View Post
Hey Dan!

Thanks watching! It seems like the box breaks are the most popular so far. I will be doing one video a day so thanks for checking back.

Just trying to have some fun with cards again.

All the best,
Trevor
Me too. I’m attempting to put the 2020 Archives base set together. Amazing how poor the collation is on this set. There were some cards I have 4 or 5 copies of and I’m still short almost 100 cards for a 325 card set.
Old 10-08-2020, 02:23 AM
Rhett Yeakley

Trevor, been a while man! I enjoyed the videos and subscribed! Funny we must have been thinking along the same lines as I started a YouTube channel just a few weeks back, it really has been a lot of fun doing the videos. I also started a different channel for my 10 year old son where him and I open packs of Pokémon, as that is what he is currently into. I’d love it if you checked out my videos as well (see my signature below for a link). Good seeing you back on the forum!

-Rhett

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562

Last edited by rhettyeakley; 10-08-2020 at 02:25 AM.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:19 AM
Trevor Hocking

Dan,

I found the opposite from the one hobby box of Archives I opened. I didn't get one dup at all, pretty crazy! I missing 148 from the base 325 card set. I will be buying one more box to see if I can get close. I will be doing a breakdown video after as well. I love the set it looks very cool in a binder

Thanks for watching! I will be opening 2020 Donruss Optics this weekend.

Hey Rhett long time indeed!

Good to connect again. Thanks for check out the channel. I will subscribe to yours today. For me this is what card collecting was always about, connecting with people, weather it was with the kids in the neighborhood, the people at the card shop, or my favorite, setting up at a card show. Now with what the world is dealing with today it seems to me the only way to connect is on the internet, so thats why I started my channel. Happy to hear you are doing the same! I also have my son helping he just doesn't want to be on the videos.

Thanks everyone for your input it is very appreciated.

All the best,
Trevor
Old 10-08-2020, 11:31 AM
Rhett Yeakley

Trevor, I totally agree!

I have a 10 year old son that does some modern openings with me as well (it is fun to connect w him that way) but he really likes being on camera. So much so that he made me make his own channel where he opens Pokémon packs, which is his REAL passion.

If you want you can check out his channel here:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCZ6D8Nm9jwXPvqLB9rq5B4g

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562