NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Boxing / Wrestling Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Old 07-05-2010, 03:14 PM

Default Willard-Dempsey July 4th 1919 items

Well, I was out running around today and came accross these, ticket stub, seating stub and what looks like a program(need to take them out of the frame). Not a bad day.

Fritz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Willad Dempsey 1919 001.jpg (54.1 KB, 57 views)
Old 07-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Dave

Nice score. The ticket is fairly common but the program is not. Hopefully it's all there behind the frame.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:50 PM

got it out, it's just the front cover of it, still it makes a nice display with the two stubs.

Fritz
Old 07-05-2010, 08:38 PM

Would these be worth grading?

Fritz
Old 07-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

Fritz
I don't know; if you intend to use them in a display, I'd say not unless you plan to display the slabs alongside the reframed program cover. I recently picked up this PC from the fight that matches the program design concept (has a 1919 postmark on it too):

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 07-06-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

Fritz
I really don't think so. I could be wrong but boxing ticket guys don't place much of a premium on a PSA Slab. As long as it's authentic, which it looks like it is.

Maybe baseball or other sports guys dabbling into boxing a bit, might be more comfortable purchasing it in a slab.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:08 PM

Thanks! I was thinking of doing it just for the fact of them being verified and preserved, I mainly collect military(have for over 30 years) and fakes are in abundance there as I am sure with spodts items also, only reason I bought these is I somewhat know the guy that had them and his stuff is good. I have been looking all over the net and have only found a few tickets/stubs even listed for sale, I may end up keeping the group and not sell as I originaly thought of doing, kinda neat group and I'm from Toledo and know right where this took place, unfortunatly it is now an extremely rough/dangerous place to go in that end of town. Here are a couple closeups of the two stubs.

Fritz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WD2 003.jpg (41.1 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg WD2 001.jpg (37.5 KB, 40 views)
Old 07-06-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I don't know; if you intend to use them in a display, I'd say not unless you plan to display the slabs alongside the reframed program cover. I recently picked up this PC from the fight that matches the program design concept (has a 1919 postmark on it too):

Nice card!

Fritz
Old 07-09-2010, 10:04 AM

Well after a little work and some TLC with the program cover, I was able to get this great little group looking a bit more presentable,looks much better on acid free paper.

Fritz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WD2 001.jpg (36.1 KB, 24 views)
Old 07-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Dave

Nice Job. Wish I had the patience (and the wall space) to frame stuff up like that sometimes.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Nice Job. Wish I had the patience (and the wall space) to frame stuff up like that sometimes.

Thanks, didn't take me to long, couple hours after I got the frame, luckly my wife still had some of here scrap book stuff left so I could get the cards in the corner holders, I was impressed with myself and so was she.

Fritz