NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-08-2019, 04:17 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Default Wouldn't it be nice to go one day.....

Without hearing about freaking Antonio Brown! Damn ESPN, isn't there more news out there???
Old 03-08-2019, 04:51 PM
D0NN1E B

Yea, LeBron James news.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:17 PM
Adam Yastrzemski

ESPN Priorities:
Basketball
LeBron
Football
Zion
More basketball
More football
Baseball
Hockey
Soccer
Old 03-08-2019, 06:17 PM
Er1c Sh@rp.

ESPN reporting went to crap years ago right along with the NFL. I have banned both from my house. Literally not a second of either in 3 years and don't miss them a bit. Watch a lot more college wrestling now.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:14 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao_Moko View Post
ESPN reporting went to crap years ago right along with the NFL. I have banned both from my house. Literally not a second of either in 3 years and don't miss them a bit. Watch a lot more college wrestling now.
"Banned them from my house" LOL...sounds like a few former members here.
I never watch news of any Basketball because I think Pro Basketball sucks. (except for DIrk, he is THE MAN)

Last edited by Leon; 03-09-2019 at 06:16 AM.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:44 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
Without hearing about freaking Antonio Brown! Damn ESPN, isn't there more news out there???
Recently, I figured I would take a break from ESPN (and avoid hearing about Brown) by binge watching the 11th season of Treehouse Masters on the Animal Planet......NOPE, he is even on that network. One episode from that season chronicles the building of his treehouse. The guy is everywhere!
Old 03-10-2019, 01:09 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
"Banned them from my house" LOL...sounds like a few former members here.
I never watch news of any Basketball because I think Pro Basketball sucks. (except for DIrk, he is THE MAN)

Leon, you will enjoy hearing about Luka for the next decade or so
Old 03-10-2019, 09:56 AM

ESPN and these other "sports networks" have become way to political over these last few years and I really dont want another over paid talking head preaching to me.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:05 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao_Moko View Post
Well I can agree with how awesome college wrestling is.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 03-10-2019, 03:55 PM
M.ichael Yaz.back

Thanks for pointing this out! I have been saying this for awhile now. ESPN's reporting of pro basketball is insane!! That's all they talk about...for hours it seems. Can't watch it anymore. Also, during football season, I just want to see game recaps and highlights of the dozen or so games. Nope. Let's review ONE game, then talk about it for 30 minutes. So done with them.

PS ESPN, if you read this thread, you can put as many woman studio reporters as you want in short skirts and heels....STILL not watching!!!! Rant over.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:12 PM
je.sse @rnot

Well he was finally traded today so he won't be a major story for long. Look forward to stories about where leveon bell will end up.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:48 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
Well he was finally traded today so he won't be a major story for long. Look forward to stories about where leveon bell will end up.
Go figure.....The Raiders trade away Amari Cooper and Kalil Mack last year....Now, they take on a whiner and pay him more than any other wide receiver? It's almost comical.....
Old 03-10-2019, 05:10 PM
Christopher
Chr.is Gl@sby

ESPN, CNN ect fell off my radar years ago and I don’t miss it one iota lol

Cut The Cord : )

Last edited by Popcorn; 03-10-2019 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-10-2019, 05:21 PM
Chris Counts

"I never watch news of any Basketball because I think Pro Basketball sucks. (except for DIrk, he is THE MAN)"

"Leon, you will enjoy hearing about Luka for the next decade or so"

I envy Maverick's fans right now — the Luka is a future MVP with an amazing array of skills, and he's just 20. I suspect a number of free agents in this year's class are casting an eye toward Dallas. Luka + Porzingas + a ton of cap space in a desirable location = a very bright future.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:02 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
Go figure.....The Raiders trade away Amari Cooper and Kalil Mack last year....Now, they take on a whiner and pay him more than any other wide receiver? It's almost comical.....
I'm not a Raider fan, but as a casual observer think they would have been better off paying mack and getting rid of carr. I'm surprised a contender didn't go after brown to push them over the edge. I would have loved to see the packers get him.

As for espn I watch pti and that's about it. I used to watch sports center daily with patrick and Olbermann. Except for this time of year after football ends and before baseball begins. It's terrible now. I watch on sundays to see the football highlights only.