NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-15-2020, 09:52 AM
Br.ent !ngr@m
Br.ent Ing@am

Default ebay issue, what would you do?

I sold a card on ebay on August 9th. Tracking shows out for delivery on August 14, but never scanned as delivered. I have had similar situations and buyers left positive feedback indicating delivery.

First time I heard of issue was on Sept 2nd when buyer opens a case.
I've gone thru steps with USPS, still open with them.
Buyer requests to close case and ebay decides in their favor on Sept 11th. Without delivery confirmation I don't believe I'll be successful in an appeal.

Buyer has been unresponsive to all messages sent outside of his ebay case.
Checked today and the card is in his PSA T206 registered set. He's not a member here, but is on blowout cards.

It's a $70 transaction.

It's possible he added it after purchase, but I think he received it and has scammed me. Mostly because he has completely ignored every message I sent to him outside the ebay case system.

Do I out him on Blowout Cards?
Do I ignore it and accept the theft?
Any other thoughts?
Old 09-15-2020, 09:58 AM
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

Sounds like outing him is your best bet. Not fair to you at all.

W600 Cobb and Wagner
Sporting News/Collins McCarthy Jackson
Seamless Cobb rookie
Low Grade Ruth rookie

Cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189414509@N08/albums
Old 09-15-2020, 10:19 AM

Default T-206 Set registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewing View Post
I sold a card on ebay on August 9th. Tracking shows out for delivery on August 14, but never scanned as delivered. I have had similar situations and buyers left positive feedback indicating delivery.

First time I heard of issue was on Sept 2nd when buyer opens a case.
I've gone thru steps with USPS, still open with them.
Buyer requests to close case and ebay decides in their favor on Sept 11th. Without delivery confirmation I don't believe I'll be successful in an appeal.

Buyer has been unresponsive to all messages sent outside of his ebay case.
Checked today and the card is in his PSA T206 registered set. He's not a member here, but is on blowout cards.

It's a $70 transaction.

It's possible he added it after purchase, but I think he received it and has scammed me. Mostly because he has completely ignored every message I sent to him outside the ebay case system.

Do I out him on Blowout Cards?
Do I ignore it and accept the theft?
Any other thoughts?

...if the buyer is listing his recent purchases in the T-206 Set Registry , then the dates of the addition should prove your case ? Also , if he is in the T-206 Set Registry , then the odds are that he is on this forum reading your posts...??

Old 09-15-2020, 10:37 AM
Robert Williams

Please out him. No one should have to deal with a POS scammer.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:40 AM
Ro.b Gui.1fo.y1e

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscardpete View Post
Sounds like outing him is your best bet. Not fair to you at all.

And outing him will prevent others from being scammed by the same dude...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2020, 10:41 AM
Lucio Barbarino
Lu.cio Barb.arino

The only thing I can think of is.. is it possible he added the card to his registry set in anticipation of receiving it? I don't know how that works.

If not, he's a dirtbag and definitely OUT him everywhere you can.

Last edited by luciobar1980; 09-15-2020 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:42 AM
Jeff
Je.ff For.teza

Out him. If he's in the clear he can explain himself on either forum.

For what it's worth, this is one of the reasons why I blur out PSA card registration numbers on my listings. If the card gets added to someone's registry, they definitely received it.

Jeff
Old 09-15-2020, 10:50 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Do you also blur out the bar code?
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:54 AM
Jeff
Je.ff For.teza

I haven't, but based on your suggestion it's probably a good idea.

Jeff
Old 09-15-2020, 11:21 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Out him immediately, everywhere.

Call eBay and ask for an administrator or manager and explain that you have been the victim of a crime, and have the documents ready to go.

Contact PSA and tell them that you were defrauded out of the card and ask for it to be removed from the registry and database.

Contact the USPS and report him for committing mail fraud. Try to get the postal inspector to go to work on it.

Seems like a lot over $70 but pigs like that need to be hurt so that they never try it again. Since we are civilized people (I think) and we don't kneecap for things like this, it may be satisfying to put in some time to try and make his life a hellish morass of hobby shunning and law enforcement entanglements. But that's just me...

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 09-15-2020 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:57 PM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

Default no response?

If this person is unwilling to communicate with you, then you have the right to take any action deemed appropriate, including outing him publicly.
Deals Done: GrayGhost, Count76, mybuddyinc, banksfan14, boysblue, Sverteramo, rocuan, rootsearcher60, GoldenAge50s, pt7464, trdcrdkid, T206.org, bnorth, frankrizzo29, David Atkatz, Johnny630, cardsamillion, SPMIDD, esehombre, bbsports, babraham, RhodeyRhode, Nate Adams, OhioCardCollector, ejstel, Golfcollector, Luke, 53toppscollector, benge610, Lunker21, VintageCardCo, jmanners51, T206CollectorVince, hockeyhockey

Collecting: T206

Monster #236
Old 09-15-2020, 01:32 PM

Out him.

Another bad eBay story. Why does anyone still sell anything on eBay?
Old 09-15-2020, 02:10 PM
Ed Hans

Default Re: ebay issue, what would you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Another bad eBay story. Why does anyone still sell anything on eBay?
+1.
Old 09-15-2020, 02:24 PM
Howard Chasser

Default More moderate response

I would start by initiating a Blowout thread from a place of curiosity, detailing the Ebay events, the inclusion of the card in his T206 registry set and asking for blowout member support to get an explanation. Not sure how old you are, but play "Columbo" - How could it be that the card was not received and included in his registry set? If it was received, how could he have claimed a refund on Ebay saying it wasn't received? I'm curious and confused.

Once the suspected is confirmed, Out him all over the place and "throw the book at him" - As suggested above - contact PSA, Ebay, and anyone else that could bring justice to bear.
Old 09-15-2020, 02:50 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
I would start by initiating a Blowout thread from a place of curiosity, detailing the Ebay events, the inclusion of the card in his T206 registry set and asking for blowout member support to get an explanation. Not sure how old you are, but play "Columbo" - How could it be that the card was not received and included in his registry set? If it was received, how could he have claimed a refund on Ebay saying it wasn't received? I'm curious and confused.

Once the suspected is confirmed, Out him all over the place and "throw the book at him" - As suggested above - contact PSA, Ebay, and anyone else that could bring justice to bear.
All this is great and might make the OP feel better. Truth is if the buyer stole the card I doubt outing them will do anything but make them laugh to themselves.

Seriously look at all the people that have been outed for doing WAY WAY worse. Almost everyone still lines up to buy from them.

My advise is to move on. The only thing that is likely to happen is the buyer or a few of their friends will attack the OPs eBay account. Sadly I have had this happen for calling out scum in our hobby.
Old 09-15-2020, 04:22 PM
Bruce Mattioli

Hopefully Karma will bite him right in his ass of which he deserves..
Old 09-15-2020, 05:24 PM
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.Ÿ.Σ

There are several reasons that I’m not totally convinced this is a scammer. First, the USPS never scanned the package as delivered. This is persuasive evidence the USPS lost and never delivered it. Secondly, this is just a $70.00 purchase. Surely, someone isn’t willing to risk mail/wire fraud over a small amount.

I suspect the purchaser edited his registry list right after the purchase, and just forgot to edit it. I’ll admit it is strange that he hasn’t or won’t respond to your inquiries. I would communicate with the seller before opening an EBay case, but that is just me. Everyone is different. Alternatively, maybe I’m wrong. Maybe he is a crook.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:46 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

DO NOT SIT IDLY BY!!!!! Out him.

A couple of things I've bought recently on ebay do not show up as delivered on my My eBay page. I assume it's a COVID thing, but the cards were delivered. I got 'em on time and left feedback. The same thing probably happened with this guy, and he decided to work the system to get the card as a freebie.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:02 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyruscobb View Post
There are several reasons that I’m not totally convinced this is a scammer. First, the USPS never scanned the package as delivered. This is persuasive evidence the USPS lost and never delivered it. Secondly, this is just a $70.00 purchase. Surely, someone isn’t willing to risk mail/wire fraud over a small amount.

I suspect the purchaser edited his registry list right after the purchase, and just forgot to edit it. I’ll admit it is strange that he hasn’t or won’t respond to your inquiries. I would communicate with the seller before opening an EBay case, but that is just me. Everyone is different. Alternatively, maybe I’m wrong. Maybe he is a crook.
Well, you should be. Scammers on eBay often steal opportunistically, like when an item does not show as delivered even when it was. The OP tried to communicate with the guy and has been ghosted. That tells me all I need to know about the buyer's intentions.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 09-15-2020, 06:29 PM

Call his wife or mother and explain the situation. I think things will be rectified in no time.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:10 PM
Br.ent !ngr@m
Br.ent Ing@am

Thank you for the responses.

I’m thinking a good start is to claim ownership via PSA. Although if he has half a brain he’ll let it drop off his registry and I’ll lose the one thing that shows he has possession of it.

Once that happens, there is no criminal evidence and the best I can do is out him by telling the story and providing screenshots.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:36 PM
Howard Chasser

Default You are responsible

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewing View Post
Thank you for the responses.

I’m thinking a good start is to claim ownership via PSA. Although if he has half a brain he’ll let it drop off his registry and I’ll lose the one thing that shows he has possession of it.

Once that happens, there is no criminal evidence and the best I can do is out him by telling the story and providing screenshots.
for taking the actions - not the outcomes! Do what you can and let the outcome go.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:54 PM
Steven Finley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Well, you should be. Scammers on eBay often steal opportunistically, like when an item does not show as delivered even when it was. The OP tried to communicate with the guy and has been ghosted. That tells me all I need to know about the buyer's intentions.
I'm not offering an opinion on whether the guy is scamming or not, but my phone will buzz and and do that little eBay chime 400 times a day for bids, offers, items ending soon, discounts, special items, BINS lowered, new items listed, and more. It will remind me items I've only viewed are ending soon. It does all this and never alerts me to messages I receive. Ever. It's often been several days if not weeks or more before I realize I've received a message because all that other crap above is also considered "messages" and filters into the same inbox under the my eBay tab.
Old 09-16-2020, 02:04 AM
James
James Kin.chen

Do you still have scans of the front and back of the card? If you do, add it to your registry and send a removal request when it pops up as being in someone else's registry. After a couple days if it has not been removed send a scan of the front and back of the card to PSA and they will remove it from his registry. I realize that this won't get your card back but it will stop the buyer from being able to add it to his set.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:04 AM
Lonnie Nagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciobar1980 View Post
The only thing I can think of is.. is it possible he added the card to his registry set in anticipation of receiving it? I don't know how that works.

If not, he's a dirtbag and definitely OUT him everywhere you can.
FWIW - I have, on occasion, entered a card into my registry upon payment as sort of a quick easy way to verify that the serial num matches with PSA/SGC records.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:43 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post

And if you know he buys on facebook put him on the scammers page over there... That will give him grief...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:32 AM

Default Did the buyer ?

..did the buyer ask you , after two weeks or so of waiting , " Hello - I'm puzzled that I haven't received my $70 T206 card yet ?? Can you please check the usual yada yada yada " ?---- that's what buyers do when they think a card is slow to arrive ...a normal person doesn't first go to E-Bay's complaint department at the drop of a "Ha"... had you somehow alerted him to the tracking number ? It seems that a $70 card for a T206 registry guy is virtually a yawner ; maybe I am too innocent and trusting and need to get out more....I've been told it's a jungle out there

Old 09-16-2020, 10:46 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Out him. It took him almost a month to file a claim. I bet he received the package and probably noticed later that the tracking never showed a delivery scan and decided to pull a scam. I'm not familiar with the PSA registry, is there any way to see the day he added it to his registry? If after the expected delivery day, hes guilty.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:14 AM
Larry More.y

It didn't take much to identify the card or the registry that it now resides on. FWIW, this registry owner added a new card on 9.15 that sold via ebay on 9.6. In addition, two cards were added on 8.12 and a single card on 8.24.....can't tell which cards these three were. The most recent addition to this registry occurred 9 days after it's auction ended, so if the pattern follows the most recent addition, the card added on 8.24 would likely have been the OPs. Not likely the registry owner adds items as he wins them, but as he receives them.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:31 AM
Fred

I'd stop selling on fleabay because it sounds like fleabay isn't very seller friendly. EIther that or plan on these incidents and try to ensure that you can cover these losses in other sales. Really sucks.