NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 03-22-2021, 02:23 PM
Ben North

Default March Pickups

After a few week wait I got this awesome card in the mail today. This isn't the normal 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken FF card. This one is known as the Mystery Card version. Of all the different versions this one is easily 4th and maybe the 3rd hardest to find. Many think it is a promo/test test issue and a few think it is counterfeit. One thing is for sure there are several differences between it and the regular version and they are very rare.

No matter what it is I am happy to add this double to my Ripken collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newmc1.jpg (70.0 KB, 139 views)
Old 03-22-2021, 06:13 PM

Arrived today!

Old 03-22-2021, 09:06 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D. View Post
Arrived today!

I never collected Lofton, but he played for my second favorite team, the Indians, and his play and hustle made me an admirer. Beautiful card with vibrant color!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 03-23-2021, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
I never collected Lofton, but he played for my second favorite team, the Indians, and his play and hustle made me an admirer. Beautiful card with vibrant color!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Yeah, and this is his “first” card...and only PSA pop 54...so excited to add it!
Old 03-27-2021, 05:39 AM
Jim T.
Ji.m Tar.olli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D. View Post
Arrived today!

Great card! I live in Syracuse, about 20 mins from Auburn. Unfortunately with MLB's reconfiguration of MILB this year, Auburn is no longer an affiliated franchise. But thankfully there will still be baseball played there this summer, its going to be a summer league for college players. Its a great little ballpark, in the middle of an old neighborhood. There is a house next door, along the first base side. They get foul balls hit into their yard! Imagine living there!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2021, 07:37 AM
J.O.N

This is a tough one. Clean too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My PM box might be full.

Email:
jcfowler6@zoominternet.net

Want list:
Prewar Pirates items
1909 Pirates
BF2 Wagner
Cracker Jack Wagner and Clarke

Love the hobby.
Old 03-27-2021, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateNYmilb View Post
Great card! I live in Syracuse, about 20 mins from Auburn. Unfortunately with MLB's reconfiguration of MILB this year, Auburn is no longer an affiliated franchise. But thankfully there will still be baseball played there this summer, its going to be a summer league for college players. Its a great little ballpark, in the middle of an old neighborhood. There is a house next door, along the first base side. They get foul balls hit into their yard! Imagine living there!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Yeah, this minor league reconfiguration feels like a short-sighted plan to save money...but is penny-wise and pound-foolish. The minors are not only the place where future major league players are created, but future minor league fans.

RI’s minor league team moved to MA - they just couldn’t play in a stadium that’d had a major renovation 10 years ago. The team had an amazing owner from the 1970’s to a few years ago. Ticket prices from the 1970s to 2010s hadn’t even kept pace with inflation. When he passed, the team got sold to some money grubbing millionaires who tried to shake down the state for a new stadium. When that failed (they can thank Curt Schilling), they left town for a city that would pony up. Sad.

Last edited by Mike D.; 03-27-2021 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-29-2021, 06:33 PM
Ben North

Had a awesome member send me these awesome Wade Boggs miscuts for FREE earlier this month.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boggsmc.jpg (75.1 KB, 36 views)
Old 03-29-2021, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Had a awesome member send me these awesome Wade Boggs miscuts for FREE earlier this month.
Ha ha...that's some crazy miscut fun right there. Good stuff!