NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-11-2014, 02:17 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Default Friendly reminder about credit card fraud

I recently had a stolen credit card fraud problem, that I think is related to a hobby source (I'm not naming, as I am not certain of those source at this point). I'm just posting to remind people to regularly, if not daily, check their credit card/bank/etc accounts purchases to identify and nefarious or suspicious purchases. It's best to identify and rectify problems sooner rather than later. The information was most probably stolen online and was used for online purchases-- a physical card wasn't lost, the purchases weren't local and the specific information of the card and one purchase narrowed down the breach.

Also happily note that phone calls to the bank cleared things up-- the bad purchases were negated, credit card cancelled and no money is lost. I'm just reminding of proper personal finance practices, not trying to unduly scare people.

In short and in summary, it's a good thing to check your bank/credit/paypal accounts regularly.

Last edited by drcy; 01-11-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:33 PM
Mike C@.v3

Good reminder and advice for everyone...thanks for posting this.

I don't think some people realize how much fraud takes place out there and how vulnerable our information is. Fraudsters have multiple ways of stealing info and I'm thankful that most of us have protection from banks and such that can help stop a lot of this before it gets legs. I've had this exact thing happen to me a few times over the past ten years or so...luckily it cost me nothing but maybe some patience waiting for a new card to be created.

Follow suit and check your financial transactions often...it's only a click away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48
Old 01-11-2014, 06:18 PM
David McDonald

Paypal gift preferred.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:36 PM
N.ate A.dams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawika View Post
Paypal gift preferred.
lol
Old 01-12-2014, 09:46 AM

Default Reg ZZ

As another reninder Regulation ZZ on open ended credit says that the maximum that a seller can be liable for is $50 as long as they report the fraud to the credit card company ina timely manner. Almost every bank and credit card company has chosen to waive the $50, but as long as you report it as soon as you find out ... then $50 is the most you can every be out.

Cheers,
Patrick