NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-19-2023, 08:29 PM
Andrew Mc.Gann

Default Looking to connect with some European dealers

If anyone has connections in Europe, specifically Italy, Spain and/or Belgium, feel free to share them with me. There are some older cards from those countries that I'm trying to track down. Thanks.
Old 07-19-2023, 08:36 PM
Peter Spaeth

This dude won't talk to me because I complained about his (at the time) insane prices, but worth a look.

https://www.cardsoflegends.com/

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 07-19-2023, 08:41 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

The only dealers I know in any of those countries are Olympic dealers. However, you can also search those countries ebay sites. Go to the ebay main page in Chrome. Go to the very bottom and on the right will be 'ebay sites'. Drop down and pick the country you want. Belgium, Italy and Spain are all choices. If you click on the country it will go to their site. In Chrome a window will pop up in the upper right hand corner asking if you want to translate the language to English. Click on the box that said 'always'. You should then be able to navigate the site and find cards. Most sites have a collectibles section. I do not know if they translate Flemish, but I do know that Spanish and Italian will translate. I have had a lot of success with ebays Germany, Italy and France with the translation program. The translations can be slow but they always seem to work on the items listed. They do not always work for inside the listings so you may want to open up a translation tab so you can copy and paste from the listings (search Italian, Spanish etc to English) You may also find that some people will not ship to the U.S. I usually message them to double check and most will do it.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 07-19-2023 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-19-2023, 08:47 PM
Peter Spaeth

Ebay Italy is awesome. I think I paid 20 and 25 for these. Billie Jean would 8.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wiltmira.jpg (190.9 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg king,b.jpg (94.4 KB, 153 views)

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 07-19-2023, 08:56 PM
Andrew Mc.Gann

Thanks, guys. So, why do some of those foreign listings show up when you do a search on eBay US and others do not?
Old 07-19-2023, 08:59 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrotn77 View Post
Thanks, guys. So, why do some of those foreign listings show up when you do a search on eBay US and others do not?
Who knows. But I've looked on US for an Italian seller's other listings and seen 20 items and gone to Ebay Italy and he has thousands. Same with Ebay UK.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-19-2023 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-19-2023, 09:33 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
There was a time where ebay would list your items in another country. For U.S. it was usually the U.K. It was probably done to expand their marketplace. I believe the seller must chose the platform now. You can go to the other sites and watch items on your ebay US watchlist. However, you cannot see the sellers other listings if you are not on their platform - ebay Italy, Spain etc. I just doublechecked ebay Belgium. You can chose either Dutch or French and Chrome will translate both.

I agree with Peter. For the most part you will find items on the other sites that would be considered steals here. Some of the foreign sellers realize that U.S. buyers are coming over to their platforms to look for items and are pricing accordingly i.e. the German Babe Ruth card (Sanella?), Mühlen Franck, Panini, Reemstma and others.

The people that are most resistant to shipping overseas are the Australians. For some reason many sellers refuse to ship to the U.S. Also, if they are listing using the Ebay Global Shipping program you could ask them to ship via registered mail. Registered mail via Poste Italiane, La Poste (France), Correos (Spain), Bpost (Belgium) will be much cheaper than ebay global.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 07-19-2023 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-19-2023, 09:45 PM
Peter Spaeth

A significant percentage of my nonsports collection is from Ebay European sellers and a couple of the big European websites.

Old 07-20-2023, 06:01 PM
Gary

Quote:
Ebay gives sellers in other countries the option to list their item in other countries. It may only be for certain products like cards. I know when I list on ebay UK, I'm given an option to also have it show on the US site. But ebay charges a listing fee if you tick that option so I think that probably puts many people off using that option.
Old 07-20-2023, 08:22 PM
Jay Cee

I have found most all sellers I’ve bought from over there have been very good. I mainly look for Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse items.