NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-16-2021, 11:17 AM
Joe M.

Default Ebay changing payments.?

Ebay asking for partial SS #, and payment will go directly to your bank account, not PayPal ? Joe

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 04-16-2021, 11:26 AM
Rob G.

correct. Ebay will deposit funds directly to the seller's bank account a couple days after the sale.
Old 04-16-2021, 11:30 AM
Joe M.

Thanks, so is PayPal going away with eBay?

N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13

Last edited by jcmtiger; 04-16-2021 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-16-2021, 12:13 PM
Joe M.

Default Ebay payment change for sellers

I don’t feel save giving my routing# to ebay,, anyone else? Joe

Old 04-16-2021, 01:44 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmtiger View Post
You can open a separate savings account with the minimum you bank allows. Have the funds deposited in to that account then transfer out of it. Every bank has a routing number. It is the bank identifier. As long as you only provide the single bank account number you should not have any problems. I would probably not 'link' my accounts if you bank electronically.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 04-16-2021, 03:31 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
I’ve had managed payment through eBay for about 9 months now with no problem. They hold your money longer than PayPal did but I have payment go through daily so I don’t really notice.
Old 07-04-2021, 08:58 AM
Matthew
Ma.tt Wy.llie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I’ve had managed payment through eBay for about 9 months now with no problem. They hold your money longer than PayPal did but I have payment go through daily so I don’t really notice.
I am late to the game, as I don't sell that much on eBay but I just had my first experience with their new payment system. The big difference is they 'hold' my money for 2-3 days as they are 'processing' it. I can't transfer to my bank account right after the sale is complete as I did on PayPal.

Essentially eBay is working the system and making interest on the 2-3 days of holding my money. Think of all that money 'on hold' and that adds up each and every day. So I am essentially giving eBay a short term interest free loan. These companies have no shame. Just like Comcast constantly raising the price on equipment that I 'lease' from them, which I have had for 12 years. Same equipment but higher prices every year.

Last edited by jimjim; 07-04-2021 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-06-2021, 05:28 AM
Chris Kim
Banned

If the buyer asked for refund, will eBay withdraw money from our bank account to fund such refund? Or eBay would just put a negative balance on our account?

(I haven't been shipping items out as quick as before (2 to 3 days delay) since I want to make sure the money got deposited into my bank account before I ship out anything.)

Last edited by chriskim; 07-06-2021 at 05:30 AM.
Old 07-06-2021, 06:11 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskim View Post
If the buyer asked for refund, will eBay withdraw money from our bank account to fund such refund? Or eBay would just put a negative balance on our account?

(I haven't been shipping items out as quick as before (2 to 3 days delay) since I want to make sure the money got deposited into my bank account before I ship out anything.)
Ebay will debit your account and use future funds to offset it. Ebay debited my account when a buyer stated he wanted to return a PSA graded ticket stub after he owned it for a month. I simply told him that I don't take returns on PSA graded items, declined his return request, and simply blocked him. The debit disappeared off my account the next day.
Old 07-06-2021, 01:48 PM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Thanks, so is PayPal going away with eBay?
What happened to PayPal? From a buyer's point of view, when you make an eBay purchase and select the PayPal option it now takes a few minutes before "Pending" goes away. It used to be seamless and virtually instantaneous. Seems like they have gone downhill.
Old 07-07-2021, 04:59 AM
Chris Kim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingram058 View Post
What happened to PayPal? From a buyer's point of view, when you make an eBay purchase and select the PayPal option it now takes a few minutes before "Pending" goes away. It used to be seamless and virtually instantaneous. Seems like they have gone downhill.
Yup... eBay definitely steps backward, we are back to the old date.....it is now like seller received personal check and waited until it cleared before shipping out the item. (That's how I do it now... at least)
Old 07-07-2021, 05:04 AM
Chris Kim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Ebay will debit your account and use future funds to offset it. Ebay debited my account when a buyer stated he wanted to return a PSA graded ticket stub after he owned it for a month. I simply told him that I don't take returns on PSA graded items, declined his return request, and simply blocked him. The debit disappeared off my account the next day.

Wow... really. My experiences of eBay are buyers always win even sellers clearly indicate there's no return in their auctions, if buyers request for return/refund for whatever reasons, eBay would just debit sellers' accounts and refund those buyers because of their Buyers protection Program (or whatever that thing was called.... speaking of that program, I don't remember seeing that on eBay listing for a while, do they still have that BTW?) That's why I am more of a buyer than a seller on eBay nowadays.