NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-18-2021, 09:08 AM
John

Default Post Office - Beating a Dead Horse

I know the Post Office slowdown/delivery issues has been talked about a lot, however, over Feb, March, and early April it felt like things were getting back to a reasonable level.

Since the end of April I've had several items basically stuck back to Dec 2020/Jan 2021 levels where there is seemingly no movement for days or weeks on an item.

Anyone else in the same boat of late? Or was I naive to think things were catching up after the holidays?

John

Successful Transactions with: KMayUSA6060, Jacklitsch, philliesfan, JimmyC
Old 05-18-2021, 09:25 AM
+0m J()rd@N

I've been waiting almost a month now for a check to be delivered. Probably came in a standard first class envelope, so no tracking. And this was from a company, not an individual with a hand-written address and a stick-on stamp.
1952 Topps - low numbers (-1)
1954 Bowman (-5)
1964 Topps Giants auto'd (-2)
Old 05-18-2021, 09:27 AM
octavio ranzola

Hi about the prices crazy omg ,,cant do free shipping anymore ,,$86 yesterday 🥺🥺
Old 05-18-2021, 09:43 AM
Tom Boblitt

hello vacation season for an understaffed organization..........
Old 05-18-2021, 10:33 AM
Johnny MaZilli

A Fitting Motto

USPS Delivering Excuses Not The Mail.....Deadlines Ha, Next In Line.

Last edited by Johnny630; 05-18-2021 at 10:33 AM. Reason: ,
Old 05-18-2021, 11:56 AM
J0hn Collin$

Just for me personally and locally, (I’m in Winston-Salem, NC) the service has more or less returned to pre-pandemic norms for First Class and Priority packages. Most things arrive exactly on time. Some things are a day or so late, and (moreso with Priority…) some things are a day or so early.

All that said, I don’t trust the USPS further than I can throw a stack of slabs, so I make sure to always insure the things I send out and keep my tracking numbers.

The Post Office is never going to be great, but it is what it is. For a government operation, customer service is never going to be among their top 3 priorities. With anything expensive, (for me more than a couple hundred bucks…) I will usually pony up to use FedEx 2nd day and have a lot better peace of mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2021, 12:47 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

I mail out about a dozen items every day. I have to say that the USPS has been doing a great job over the past few months. There have been absolutely no delays except for 1.
The 1 delay if you really want to call it that as from a buyer in Canada who opened a case less than 1 week after item was shipped. Tracking clearly said that there were delays due to Covid. eBay closed the case and gave buyer full refund from my account. I called eBay up and said what's up with that. It's only a week including weekends since I shipped the item. They refunded the money to me also and let buyer get the item for free.

Late last year, I was getting complaints from buyers several times a week that they have not received their packages yet. But it has been great since then.

With all of the delays over the years, USPS has delivered my packages 100% of the time. Better late than never.

As far as the rising postal rates. That's another story.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 05-19-2021, 05:03 AM
Albert Bee

Default post

I get it with the delays and slowness....but where else can you give someone and envelope and 50 cents in New York and say ..." do me a favor , give this to someone in Seattle WA
Old 05-19-2021, 05:16 AM
Lonnie Nagel

On the positive side - my local PO (Kingsville, TX) has been nothing short of spectacular! During the entire "COVID" slowdown - I can count on 1 hand the number of times where an item was not delivered in less than 1 week.

Current for instance - Note that when shipping I typically drop the package off to the inside lobby package slot in the wall (probably not relevant but seems to be) -

This one from South Texas to Pontiac Michigan.

May 19, 2021
1:40am
PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
PONTIAC, MI 48340

May 17, 2021
11:01pm
DEPART USPS FACILITY
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX 78469

May 17, 2021
9:54pm
PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX 78469

May 17, 2021
6:29pm
DEPART POST OFFICE
KINGSVILLE, TX 78363

May 17, 2021
2:54pm
USPS IN POSSESSION OF ITEM
KINGSVILLE, TX 78363

May 17, 2021
6:18am
SHIPPING LBL CREATED USPS AWAITS ITEM
KINGSVILLE, TX 78363

May 17, 2021
7:40am
PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM
KINGSVILLE, TX 78363

May 17, 2021
4:18am
Tracking number provided

To me this is outstanding service and it is what I have come to expect.

Kudos USPS!

Edited to add - this is/was sent 1st Class Mail

Last edited by toledo_mudhen; 05-19-2021 at 11:04 AM. Reason: add
Old 05-19-2021, 05:44 AM
Scott S

Priority Express mailed from Boston to PA on Saturday. Supposed to be guaranteed by Monday 3PM I was told. Finally got to a distribution center yesterday afternoon, where it still apparently is sitting now on Wednesday morning.

At least I'll be able to apply for a refund on the shipping charge, I guess....
Old 05-19-2021, 06:35 AM
James
James Kin.chen

From my experience, first class packages have been delivered quicker than priority mail packages.
Old 05-19-2021, 07:05 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
From my experience, first class packages have been delivered quicker than priority mail packages.
Yes, I agree. The delivery times for my First Class packages are quicker and more consistently on time than my Priority packages.

Also, there is one thing going on the most people don't realize in regard to the annual January price increases. The population is growing, and every year, the USPS has roughly 1.1 million new deliveries to new homes and businesses. Since the PO doesn't receive any tax money from the Federal government, the new costs are paid partially by price increases.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 05-19-2021, 08:47 AM
John

The cost increases don't bother me so much. I am not a fan but sooner or later stuff goes up, I get it. I mean, I'm willing to go 1-2 weeks for the mail. I just took a look at my last 5 Ebay items to see if I'm out of line here. There's definitely something going on at my local distribution center in Baltimore. They must be overwhelmed.

1. Ordered May 10, 2021, first class. Arrived May 17, that's fair.

2. Ordered May 09, 2021, first class. Stuck at the local distribution center (Baltimore) and labeled MISSENT.

3. Ordered May 07, 2021, first class. Says arriving today. Had been stuck in Las Vegas for over a week. It hit the local distribution center (Baltimore) yesterday after I started this thread. Assuming it arrives today, a little long but not outrageous.

4. Ordered May 1, 2021, first class. Stuck at local distribution center (Baltimore) since May 8.

5. Ordered Apr 30. 2021, first class. Arrived May 7. That's fair.

One more item was ordered Apr 25, 2021, first class. It's stuck near the sellers location at their local distribution center (SHREWSBURY, MA) since May 1.

I waited it out over the holidays, and will continue waiting these out for a few more weeks. But it is frustrating. Most of the things I buy are low cost enough that going FedEx/UPS isn't worth it.

John

Successful Transactions with: KMayUSA6060, Jacklitsch, philliesfan, JimmyC
Old 05-19-2021, 09:09 AM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Yeah, sent a Mother's Day gift like 8 days ahead of Mother's Day, and they told me it would be delivered within 5 days. So far it's been 18 days.
Old 05-19-2021, 10:52 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

2 weeks ago, I shipped 2 packages to the same buyer, 1 media mail and 1 priority mail. The media mail package was delivered in 3 days and the priority mail took 5 days.

He paid extra to get one of the packages quicker but the PO had different plans.