NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-04-2005, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Actually, only one person has written me saying I told him I would let him buy a card someday..in 2002! No one had put in a claim, or request on anything I sold on B/S/T/, nor eBay (thank you all so much for your business). But there are plenty of others who I DID say I would let you know if I ever decided to sell stuff in a bunch, and let you make an offer on a card.

I don't have the time to sell stuff individually, and I will need a lump sum of money. REA drooled over very unexpected things: Black Sox,chess cards, and of course the whole 19th centuury. ;Fan Craze, T206s--lots of mainstream stuff I thought they'd only want in pristine condition. they seem to want the way it is...and by ",mainstream," I mean N172s, N300sm N162s, etc.

But I won't know for sure until 2 packages arrive: one with the complete rejects (the McPhee scorecartd, the Joe Jackson photo, low grade mainstream stuff), and a second package, with cards graded by SGC (at their expense), that either I asked them not to auction, or they don't want to auction.

Anyway, I'm sorry to disappoint people. I would like to remind you that the card you wanted will be in an auction in March (except for the Peck and Snyder,--next October), and VERY FEW are in great shape, which should keep the price down. Even the N300s that look great on the front look less great from the back.

It is NOT a great collection, but a nice one. Wish it was still mine!

Old 11-04-2005, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: leonl

You're not collecting anymore? Or are you just going in a different direction? regards

Old 11-04-2005, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: Chris Bland

Julie - Its your collection - you dont have to apologize for how you choose to sell it!

Old 11-04-2005, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: Charlie O'Neal

Now I have until March to knock off a couple of banks.

On a serious note: Julie, if you are getting out of the hobby I hope you find something that you like. Good luck with your auctions.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Also that I get to keep the hockey cards and japanese cards. REA came out here and picked the stuff up. the grading they're doing is free.

Old 11-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: Rich Jacobs

Julie: Would you please post the link again to view your collection? I'd like to see some of the things that may be in the REA auction.

Old 11-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: dennis

good luck with the sale of your collection. putting it up for auction (for all to bid) is the best thing. you owe no one any apology for doing what is best for you.

Old 11-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: leonl

I hope you hang around the board....you'll still have a few things and your knowledge is more than most..... Us collectors are very varied (I just wanted to say that) and you and I help the cause. I still want to buy you a cup of coffee and chat some day.....see ya round.....and good luck with the auction stuff. I am sure it will do fine....best regards

Old 11-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Default Public apology

That's what REA looked at before they dispatched Ron to pick up my stuff.

And thanks for your good wishes!

Old 11-04-2005, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: BlackSoxFan

Hey Julie -
I'm confused, no hard feelings but as i mentioned to you i would buy all of your black sox stuff? Did you sell that why i was on vacation?

Regards,

Black Sox Fan

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

email me

Old 11-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: pete

IF I HAD A MILLION DOLLARS....

i cant wait...good luck julie!

Old 11-04-2005, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Default Public apology

I only would have consigned 1/8th of it.

Old 11-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: Scott Mosley

Hi Julie,

I just wanted to echo Leons sentiment that I hope you'll remain an active member on the board because I think you have a lot of knowledge to share and always offer a different perspective on things.

I am sorry to hear that you had to sell off a good portion of your collection but you certainly don't owe anyone an apology as to what you decided to sell and how you decided to sell it.

I have a hard enough time selling items from my collection in order to buy others so I can only imagine how difficult it was for you to come to the decision that you've reached.

I hope you'll be able to keep a few items and that we continue to see you around the board.

Scott

Old 11-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Default Public apology

if you are broke like you say (which im sure you're not), you're only broke on paper!

Old 11-04-2005, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Julie -
Thank you for your email i have responded. It is what it is.

Regards,

Black Sox Fan

email me

Old 11-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: bcornell

Ted - Now you have an opportunity to pay what they're worth on the open market.

Julie - I wish the T204 Burkett was in the mix!

Bill

Old 11-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: Brian Daniels

and sorry to see you sell Julie~

Old 11-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Bill - I don't appreciate that. We haven't had problems in the past so let's chalk this up to a small misfire on your part, but you are not privy to any of the conversations Julie and I have had. To intimate that i of all people am trying to rip julie off isn't right. No hard feelings, but I play things as i see them. I'm probably one of the few people on this board (and in general for that matter) that will pay more than what a person is asking for a piece (non-auction format) if i think the card is priced to low. [If it's an auction, sorry but that's fair game]. One thing i have said to Julie and will say openly is: Any guilt she feels b/c of our interaction (or even anyone else's) should pale in relation to the generosity she displayed with her donation to C4HR. She's donated far more than most board members and there is no question that There is no doubt that Julie is not a bad person or a scam artist or anythign of the sort! She is definitively generous.

Regards,

Black Sox Fan

email me

Old 11-05-2005, 07:28 AM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: Scott Forrest

You won't win that fight - in fact, by posting you just lost. I can share with you later.

Old 11-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Although I don't feel myself bound by statements I made 3-4 years ago about letting certain people have first crack at a card, I told Ted 1 1/2 months ago he could make me an offer on my Black Sox stuff. And then I let REA take whatever they wanted. I done him wrong, and it doesn't matter what he would have offered me, or why he wanted them (he has a bunch I have already).

BTW, once you have signed a contraxct with an auction house, you can't take any of the stuff back, unless they want to send it back.

Old 11-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Julie -
Thanks for the clarification, it is what it is. Once again, this is a hobby! not life and death so no big deal.

Regards,

Black Sox Fan

email me

Old 11-05-2005, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Default Public apology

As i said previously Julie,
you have donated some very nice cards to C4HR so don't sweat this too much.

Regards,

Black Sox Fan

email me

Old 11-05-2005, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Julie, I was talking about the comment Bill made to Ted, not yours - I think you chose the right path on this if you were in a hurry to get paid quickly.

Old 11-05-2005, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Julie, I just read your email and I don't appreciate it in the least. I responded to a rude comment that Bill made toward Ted, and it had absolutely nothing to do with you. You ALWAYS read the worst into everything anyone posts, and most of the time WE AREN"T EVEN ****ING TALKING ABOUT OR TO YOU.

I personally think you sold your cards the best way possible, but based on your last email, I still say "YOU CAN GO F*CK YOURSEL".

Old 11-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Default Public apology

im not leon but i think some of these comments arent called for in this forum, if you have a problem with someone and comments werent made to you in the thread, you should keep your comments out of the thread and in your emails...sorry leon if i step on your toes, it just bugs me sometimes to see people making comments to others when we do not know all of what was said...

julie...good luck on the sell of your cards and i hope i win a couple

pete-

ps...and no im not sticking up for anyone, i just dont like seeing people's pissy moods for no reason

Old 11-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Scott's post, and I truly don't want to go f*ck myself.

Thanks for your many e-mails (some of them did sound a bit like i was dying, but--well, at least they sounded SORRY that I was dying!)

The next REA is in April; catalogues go out in March. My mistake.

Bulletin: T202 collectors prefer PSA. Word of Lifson...

Old 11-05-2005, 10:19 PM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: B.C.Daniels

Most of us are not afraid of dying...........
we just don't want to be there when it happens!

Old 11-05-2005, 10:48 PM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: jay behrens

I'm not afraid of death. I see something dead every time I sit down to eat.

Jay

I'm incompetent at being incontenent.

Old 11-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: RC McKenzie

for the cash. There are so many cool cards under $20 that I keep getting drawn back in.

Old 11-06-2005, 07:03 AM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: Anson

Thanks for the few comments that lightened things up a bit.

It outright pisses me off to see the 12-year old mudslinging over cards.

No matter how deep your passion is for cards, people are more important. All my best Julie and hopefully you'll be back with some blazing 19th century and prewar stuff soon!

Old 11-06-2005, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: John J. Grillo

Unbelievable...as I read this thread I am in a state of disbelief. I wouldn't think anyone on this board would stoop to this level.

Julie clearly stated she didn't have time to sell cards off individually and even apologized (although none required)for not selling individually (if she made promises some years ago to do it in the future).

Everyone on the board should be giving her best wishes and if your someone's friend, you would understand why they must sell the way they have to do. It is very self-centered in my opinion to call her out (however subtle) for not doing so. Maybe I am old fashioned, but you do not tell a lady to "blank herself"...I do not care what a lady has written you in an e-mail.

There are some people out there that only think of themselves.

Old 11-06-2005, 08:08 AM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: Brian

John, I completely agree.

Old 11-06-2005, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Default Public apology

As I said, I agree totally with how Julie handled the cards. Julie misread my post to Ted as something against her. I was responding to Bill's response to Ted, but that wasn't clear. In any case, I had to put up with a caca email from Julie whining that I wasn't supporting her, when that was the EXACT OPPOSITE. In any case, I also have no time for the 12-yr old mudslinging and I sense that over the last year many who have entered our hobby and found this board aren't far removed from that actual age.

Pete, you are clueless, and you are right - you are NOT the moderator.

Old 11-06-2005, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Anson, there was no mud-slinging. You too are clueless as usual, but I'll spell it out for you: EVERYONE supported Julie on this thread, outright, except Ted made one comment about being promised first shot at the Black Sox cards. MANY OF US were promised first shot at some of Julie's cards, but we all understand why she did it this way, and I don't think there are any sour grapes over any of it. As far as mud-slinging, Bill Cornell took a shot at Ted, Ted defended himself and I defended Ted. Ted is a friend of mine, and when some pompous *ss comes on here and takes a shot at him I WILL DEFEND HIM. If you don't like it, move on.

I then supported Julie (go read it or shut up). There was no mud-slinging over cards.

Now, Anson, set up your "straw man" and talk with yourself some more. I'm going to go have a cup of coffee with real human beings and pat myself on the back for selling all my vintage baseball cards when this hobby was still fun.

Old 11-06-2005, 08:50 AM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: Chris

I would rather be clueless than classless!

Old 11-06-2005, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Default Public apology

I definitely misread Scott's post to Ted (but in my own defence, I gotta say there are a lot of past reasons for that). I get SO tired of being told that the world doesn't revolve around me, when it's SO obvious that it does! THAT'S A JOKE!

Sorry Scott. Sorry Ted. Sorry thread.

Old 11-06-2005, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: dennis

Three baseball fans were on their way to a game when one noticed a foot sticking out of the bushes by the side of the road. They stopped and discovered a nude female dead drunk. Out of respect, the Cubs fan took off his cap and placed it over her right breast. The Red Sox fan took off his cap and placed it over her left breast. Following their lead, the Yankee fan took off his cap and placed it over her crotch.
The police were called and when the officer arrived, he conducted his inspection. First, he lifted up the Cubs cap, replaced it, and wrote down some notes. Next, he lifted the Sox cap, replaced it, and wrote down some more notes. The officer then lifted the Yankees cap, replaced it, then lifted it again, replaced it, lifted it a third time, and replaced it one last time.
The Yankee fan was getting upset and finally asked, "What are you, a pervert or something? Why do you keep lifting and looking, lifting and looking?"
Well," said the officer. "I am simply surprised. Normally when I look under a Yankees hat, I find an *******."

Old 11-06-2005, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Default Public apology

I'm sorry too Julie. I sincerely wish you the best.

Old 11-06-2005, 09:06 AM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: Anson

Are any of those other human beings jackasses too?

I have no issues with Ted and I never mentioned any names. But, thanks for pointing out that you're NOT a 12-year old and are just acting like one.

When pointing out who is clueless, notice the three fingers pointing back at you.

Old 11-06-2005, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: Elliot

Does this mean that if Bill Cornell is a friend of mine, I have to defend him from being called a "pompous ass" in this thread?

Old 11-06-2005, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Default Public apology

Posted By: leon

While I figure out if I am going to delete this thread, or not, I will at least put a much needed stop to it.....kindest regards