NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 06-27-2020, 07:52 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387
Default My thoughts are 50 or so MLB season

Not a legit champion.....a champion but cant compare to 162 games

Need to go through the marathon to prove if you are a real champion...but it is what it is.....rather have a short season than none.

Its like clicking 'arcade' version when playing video game versus the more real version.

Can have sick stats when its not about just about tallying stats ......ie. hitting .400 etc.

I think it its more of a team game now that stat game....people going to try to win games more than get cheap RBIs or trying to move runners over and risk not getting a hit etc because noone need to worry about getting 20 homers or 90 rbis....its just going to be about winning games!

so half a season is 25 or so games? Matt Nokes and Greg Jeffries could of been MVPs maybe in their best year if had 50 games

will 2020 be the year of the Marlins, Trail Blazers and Browns due to shortened seasons?

Chris Davis last year would not have had many hits....

for those slow hitter starters..going 3-35 etc...already 20 percent of year is done...cant just sit out a few days to clear your head.....then you miss another chunk

going to have to come up with conversion

I guess will have multiply by about 3...so if get 6 homers..its 18.....35 rbis is like getting 100 etc.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 06-27-2020 at 07:58 AM.
Old 06-27-2020, 10:19 AM

I would have no interest in playing this year. As a player you can only lose. If you’re a free agent next year you can’t make any money this season. Your stats won’t matter and will only be used against you if they’re referenced at all. Imagine getting hurt in your walk year to play 60 games? Do you really want to go into arbitration next year on stats over 60 games? Do you really want to see a starter get hurt and miss 2021 so they could make 4 starts in 2020?
Old 06-27-2020, 11:07 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

I think a champion in a sprint is as legit as a champion in a marathon. I actually think a short season as a one-time thing might be pretty cool.

One of the greatest and worst things about baseball is the talking about the game. Like it or not, the discussions that can come from this will be endless, which would fuel more baseball interest. What if Verlander wins 11 games. x3, and he was on pace to outperform McLain. Or if a hitter is hitting .400. A slugger gets hot and hits 22 dingers.

We would all be choosing sides on the arguments, but the DEBATE is what makes baseball interesting.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:14 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
I think a champion in a sprint is as legit as a champion in a marathon. I actually think a short season as a one-time thing might be pretty cool.

One of the greatest and worst things about baseball is the talking about the game. Like it or not, the discussions that can come from this will be endless, which would fuel more baseball interest. What if Verlander wins 11 games. x3, and he was on pace to outperform McLain. Or if a hitter is hitting .400. A slugger gets hot and hits 22 dingers.

We would all be choosing sides on the arguments, but the DEBATE is what makes baseball interesting.
I agree completely. What if the fans decide that a 60-game season is perfect?