NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Hockey, Olympic, Auto Racing And All Other Cards

Old 05-27-2019, 10:08 PM
Chuck Zso.lnai

Default rash of fake soccer hit ebay

Where only one example showed up in last two years, now there have been eight 1961 Heinerle Pele cards this week.

Interestingly, several are sold by pwcc - the troubled trimming outlet.

Buyer beware!
Set in progress: 1994 Upper Deck World Cup autographed
Set in progress: 1938 Konig Fussball
Sub set in progress: 1910-12 Sweet Caporal pins - Philadelphia Athletics - 4 of 11 complete (need: Baker, Murphy, Plank, Krause, Davis)

Successful transactions:
aro13
edsj
commishbob
jpaol99
Gonzo,
abroom
Brianp-beme
Dboneesq
Chris Counts
xplainer
Bobbyw8469
Old 05-27-2019, 10:29 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Do you have an image or link? Are they slabbed? How do you know they are fakes?

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 05-27-2019 at 10:30 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:37 AM
Peter Spaeth

Chuck, I bought this one a while back and not from PWCC, any issues you see, thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pele61.jpg (71.0 KB, 213 views)

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:33 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Counterfeiters target expensive popular cards, such as key vintage rookies. I doubt they would take the time and energy to counterfeit the 1961 Heinerle Pele card. Furthermore, it is also a very difficult card to counterfeit because it is thick and has patterns on the back.

Please show us how you know these cards are fake.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:51 PM
Noel

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
Counterfeiters target expensive popular cards, such as key vintage rookies. I doubt they would take the time and energy to counterfeit the 1961 Heinerle Pele card. Furthermore, it is also a very difficult card to counterfeit because it is thick and has patterns on the back.

Please show us how you know these cards are fake.
Certainly true about counterfeiters targeting the expensive rookies but i would think any early card of the GOAT would be a tempting target as well. Whats more puzzling is the OP makes a pretty bold statement without showing so much as an image or answering basic and reasonable questions. Chuck if you are simply saying buyer beware I get it, but making an alarming statement and not following up with anyone or anything does nothing for the community other than create more drama.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:45 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Counterfeiting seems a bit outlandish. Trimming is very much the order of the day...

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 06-12-2019, 07:08 AM
Chuck Zso.lnai

Peter, I seem to remember something about those German issues being faked. I will look for the link if I can find it.

Unfortunately, PSA has a terrible track record when it comes to soccer cards. They have little or no knowledge on the subject.

And as far as counterfeiting a 1960s card, it's and easy $100 scam well worth it for foreigners (see Chinese, Malaysian residents)

If you thought trimming took this long to expose PWCC or PSA, imagine how many fake soccer cards have been approved by PSA.

I've tried my best to help soccer collectors. I will continue to do so. Feel free to message me.
Sub set in progress: 1910-12 Sweet Caporal pins - Philadelphia Athletics - 4 of 11 complete (need: Baker, Murphy, Plank, Krause, Davis)

Successful transactions:
aro13
edsj
commishbob
jpaol99
Gonzo,
abroom
Brianp-beme
Dboneesq
Chris Counts
xplainer
Bobbyw8469

Last edited by Copa7; 06-12-2019 at 07:09 AM.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:19 AM
Chuck Zso.lnai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Chuck, I bought this one a while back and not from PWCC, any issues you see, thanks.

Peter,

Here is a link. I hope it helps explain the PSA problem.
https://m.facebook.com/rarecards/pho...pe=3&source=48

Successful transactions:
aro13
edsj
commishbob
jpaol99
Gonzo,
abroom
Brianp-beme
Dboneesq
Chris Counts
xplainer
Bobbyw8469
Old 06-12-2019, 07:32 AM
Chuck Zso.lnai

Default psa crappy site

Here's another example of PSA Registry mistakes. Do we really want these guys labeling our soccer cards ?

Successful transactions:
aro13
edsj
commishbob
jpaol99
Gonzo,
abroom
Brianp-beme
Dboneesq
Chris Counts
xplainer
Bobbyw8469

Last edited by Copa7; 06-12-2019 at 07:33 AM.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:09 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copa7 View Post

And as far as counterfeiting a 1960s card, it's and easy $100 scam well worth it for foreigners (see Chinese, Malaysian residents)
You have no idea what you're talking about. All the soccer counterfeits are coming from ITALY. Giuliano Piroddu is one of the guys involved in this operation. He sold a ton of these fakes and PSA graded some of them too.

Last edited by samosa4u; 06-12-2019 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Added more information
Old 06-12-2019, 07:28 PM
Chuck Zso.lnai

"All the cards are coming from Italy" - dude, you must be out of the loop, my friend.

If you're only following the American market, and you're just learning this, you're too late.

The Asian market has been booming with soccer cards since 2002. (who do you think is buying up all the cigarette cards of Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and Manchester? ) But the counterfeiting from there has also been rampant.

Just trying to inform the willing.

Successful transactions:
aro13
edsj
commishbob
jpaol99
Gonzo,
abroom
Brianp-beme
Dboneesq
Chris Counts
xplainer
Bobbyw8469
Old 06-14-2019, 11:44 AM
Ciaran

I’ve no knowledge of the specific cards nor origins of fakes.

However, I’d suggest that certain fakes are South American. I say that simply because I was a victim of much South American fake memorabilia - not cards but printed nevertheless.

Much of the South American fakes arose after the 1999 Sotheby’s Sports Memorabilia Auction. I bought strongly at the auction and items over the next years. Many fakes - esp of paper items.

I was told later that they still had paper stock from the early 1900s and printing presses too so they could produce items perfect from yesterday today. I don’t know how true that is.

However, I do know that certain football (soccer) programs that would have been unheard of two decades ago (1930 World Cup Final) are now commonplace.

Same as 1930 World Cup Finals tickets. Must have been more tickets for sale of the 1930 World Cup Final on eBay in past 10 years than attendees at the game.

A lot is wrong ... don’t think it is limited to Italy.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:32 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copa7 View Post

The Asian market has been booming with soccer cards since 2002. (who do you think is buying up all the cigarette cards of Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and Manchester? ) But the counterfeiting from there has also been rampant.
I don't know about EPL cards and nor do I care about them. I focus on key vintage rookies and I've seen all the fake sh*t coming out of Italy. This includes the rookies of Platini, Cruyff, and heck, even the 86' Panini Mike Tyson got targeted. And now they are printing all the modern cards as well (see thread about fake Zlatan Ibrahimović rookie). A lot of these fakes have even gotten into PSA holders. This is a big operation that is threatening to bring down soccer cards.