NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 10-17-2022, 09:28 PM
Chris
Ch.ris Pa.rtin

You are not kidding. He is a complete idiot who has done less with more than anyone in recent memory.

I am happy for long suffering Padres fans (including a close friend of mine) but they have several "look at me" players that I cannot pull for. Soto is the worst. I was so hoping my Dodgers didn't get him but then hated that the Padres did.

If the series is them against the Astro cheats then it will be the first time in decades I have not watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover View Post
The Padres should send a "thank you card" to Dodger manager Dave Roberts.
For as he went thru his staff he finally found a "chucker" that was nervous and didn't have his best stuff. Walking the lead-off man to open the 7th inning was
crucial and the rest is history.
Old 10-19-2022, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by campyfan39 View Post
You are not kidding. He is a complete idiot who has done less with more than anyone in recent memory.

I am happy for long suffering Padres fans (including a close friend of mine) but they have several "look at me" players that I cannot pull for. Soto is the worst. I was so hoping my Dodgers didn't get him but then hated that the Padres did.

If the series is them against the Astro cheats then it will be the first time in decades I have not watched.
Hey Chris, you can jump on board with the Padres until the season is over, one way or the other. That's what's nice about us Padre fans - we are all inclusive and welcome all - short time or for the long haul - the Padres are for everyone. We have a band wagon that people get on and get off - it doesn't matter to us.

The Phillies are a good team. Now the series is even - it should be interesting in the days ahead.
Old 10-21-2022, 07:17 AM
Robert J. Miller

Being from Philly, i want the Phillies to win the World Series.
However, if the Padres win, I would be cheering for them to win the World Series.
I hate the New York Yuckees and the Houston Cheats.
Go Phils!!!!
Go Padres!
Old 10-21-2022, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan View Post
Being from Philly, i want the Phillies to win the World Series.
However, if the Padres win, I would be cheering for them to win the World Series.
I hate the New York Yuckees and the Houston Cheats.
Go Phils!!!!
Go Padres!
Same here Robert. If the Padres lose to the Phillies, I'm cheering for the Phillies all the way! Who invented the term "Small Market" any way - screw them.

I've liked the Phillies since the Robin Roberts and Richie Ashburn days. I don't know why there are so many haters out there.
Old 10-22-2022, 05:23 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Agreed I do not like Houston so whoever wins the NL I hope wins the Series

I the flip side

The Strikeout that was not a swing (in my opinion) last night hurts the game and effects the outcome big time potentially

The Umps blew a big call

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 10-22-2022, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Agreed I do not like Houston so whoever wins the NL I hope wins the Series

I the flip side

The Strikeout that was not a swing (in my opinion) last night hurts the game and effects the outcome big time potentially

The Umps blew a big call
I watched the game on my computer, but even on a small screen I saw it. I understand that one play doesn't win, or lose, the game BUT that was crazy. One of the worst calls I've seen this year. Definitely not a swing, not even close. It was a very critical part of the game - critical - but it's time to move forward.

Those Phillies are playing excellent baseball. The Pad's may be in trouble because I understand Clevinger is starting game 4. Hopefully he will make it past the 2d inning.
Old 10-23-2022, 04:43 PM

What a great run and a great playoff series. My hat's off the Harper. True to my word - Go Phillies!!!!!!