NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-29-2007, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Default SGC grading times

Posted By: Ken McMillan

Hello,

Curious if anyone has had recent experience with SGC and estimated time for getting cards back from grading. They have a special for August that says 10 working days, but is this accurate given the National and East coast shows held this month? What has everyone's recent experience been?

Ken

Old 08-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tony Andrea

Hi Ken -
I've sent in two separate submissions since the National
and they both were right on the money when due.
These guys are "GREAT"......

Tony

Old 08-29-2007, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul

My most recent submission a week after the national was for their next day service. It took two days, & no partial credit or anything. Also had a five day submission take almost two weeks a couple months earlier. Again no credit or communication. The cards were accuratly graded IMHO. Other than that, no problems with other submissions.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

They took three full business days on an "immediate" submission of mine about six months ago. They said they would send a voucher, but never did. They even undergraded the card. I love SGC, but they still have some glitches to iron out.
JimB

Old 08-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason L

submitted cards at the East Coast National and was told about a 10 day turnaround...which gives them until the end of this week. great experience, and i am hoping for ontime service, but it won't kill me if they're late.

The Service Mgr said that they had been a little squeezed lately with the traffic surrounding the Naitonal and this show 2 weeks ago, but that they were getting through fairly well...

Old 08-29-2007, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ken McMillan

talked with service today. They are running about a week behind so not really a big deal. Mike appologized for the delay and was very nice. Will always submit to SGC.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

....is that you should use it if you feel that your cards aren't getting graded as quickly as promised. Pick up the phone and call Michael Goldberg. His number is on the SGC website, and if you call their general number you can get routed to him fairly easily. They will work with you and, in my case, have bended over backwards to assist me in my submissions.

When there has been a delay, or if they have combined two submissions into one shipment to me, they have offered grading or shipping credits, which amount to no more than, "Just indicate on your next submission that I approved a $__ credit, and I will take care of it" -- and they always have.

SGC is growing. They have hired additional help in recent weeks and they also moved. I have found that a little patience goes a long way with them. I also still love their grading consistency and holders.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kevin Cummings

I dropped off 8 cards at their office yesterday. The SGC rep said they were, in fact, very busy. I asked it was related to the National and East Coast National and his reply was that they certainly contributed, but I was the sixth walk-in so their August grading specials might be adding to the traffic as well.

No one said the business was having any impact on turnaround times.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

I would like to mention that Dave Foreman just e-mailed me with apologies and three vouchers for future grading. That glitch got ironed out pretty quicly. Thanks Dave.
JimB

Old 09-02-2007, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kevin Cummings

The cards I dropped off for the Grand Slam Special on Monday (8/27) were delivered today (9/1), technically a day earlier than advertised. So, from my limited experience they are keeping up with things.

Old 09-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: bigfish

Never have had a problem with SGC. Customer service is great and their grading service has been on time.

Old 09-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason L

a day before the 10-day deadline...so, while I haven't yet received it, they delivered grades online before promised!
I got a few crossovers directly, so no money lost, plus a few very nice surprises on raw buys, and 1 real disappointment (turns out a card I bought years ago for $25 is a counterfeit!)

Old 09-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: rand

SGC has been excellent with communication. i have been able to speak with all the guys in the office at some point or another and they all take a minute, and i am small potatoes compared to a lot of other submitters. I couldnt be happier with this company

Old 09-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jared

A recent batch I sent in for 10-day "Express" grading...

Received by SGC: 8/17/07
Shipped by SCG: 8/28/07 (7 working days)
Received by me: 8/30/07 (9 working days)

Old 09-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barry arnold

My experience has been much the same as T206 Collector.
Goldberg has always made things right when necessary.
A great guy and a great company!

all the best,

Barry