NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-10-2011, 04:51 PM
N.ate A.dams

Default Need some quick help for PSA submission, stupid questions I know - I'm new to this

Hey ya'll.

Some stupid questions for you:

Top right of submission form. "Total number of submissions (orders) in this package".

What is this referring to? The amount of cards I am sending in? or how many submission forms?

Also, #2 - "This submission (order) is ___ of ___?????

I assume certain things about what they are talking about, but really want to get it exactly right for my first ever submission so that I never have to learn how to do it again.

1. In the main part - do I write T206 under card company - or ATC?
2. Do I have to put a card number?
3. Year - do I just write 1909 for all of them?
4. Card name - is this where I write, for example, Christy Mathewson - White Cap?
5. I think thats all...heh heh. TY!
Old 05-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Brian Dwyer

Since PSA requires that different service levels be submitted on their own invoice, it's not uncommon for people to send in multiple invoices in the same package. If you're submitting two different invoices for example, you'd put '2' on the first line. You would then number the submissions on the second line--submission 1 of 2 and submission 2 of 2. The third line would be for the total number of cards -- 5 on one invoice and 8 on another would be 13 for your entry on the third line.

For T206s, PSA doesn't put a year on the label, so 1909 would be a fine default just to enter something in that spot.

I would enter the back (Piedmont) in the Manufacturer, 1909 in the Year, T206 in Card Number, Christy Mathewson in Card Name, and White Cap in Variety.

T206s are seen frequently enough that I'm sure PSA would label everything just fine if you filled out your form in the above fashion or in some variation of it.

Brian
Old 05-10-2011, 05:12 PM
N.ate A.dams

Thank you so much.

I always wondered why some PSA labels would say T206 Piedmont, when others would not (yet were also Piedmont backed) - is this because of how people submitted them?

Thank you for your info!
Old 05-10-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npa589 View Post
Thank you so much.

I always wondered why some PSA labels would say T206 Piedmont, when others would not (yet were also Piedmont backed) - is this because of how people submitted them?

Thank you for your info!
PSA didn't start labeling the specific backs (and thus tracking the back designation in their population reports) until 2006.
http://www.psacard.com/articles/arti...universeid=314
Thus the absence of the label simply reflects cards graded pre-2006.

--S
Old 05-10-2011, 05:34 PM
N.ate A.dams

Ahhh, ok. I used to collect cards as a kid, but we're talking like Tom Henke cards in toploaders, or a 1990 score Sammy Sosa in a screw down case. Better yet, my crowned jewel as a kid: a Michael Jordan hologram card. SO SHINY! So ya, I've been back into it, now as an adult, for 3 1/2 months. I'm still a baby and am looking to learn as much as I can. I'm one of the young guns who will be in this world for a long time to come. I'm 25, but I'm sure there are plenty on here my age or younger.

Hey Shaun - I still don't understand if PSA grades trimmed cards or not. Some I see on eBay being sold with the PSA sticker: "EVID TRIM", yet others are obviously trimmed and get graded A. Why?
Old 05-10-2011, 05:38 PM

They do grade trimmed cards, you just have to note on your submission form that you'd like anything that can't be numerical graded given an AUTH holder and flip
Old 05-10-2011, 05:43 PM
N.ate A.dams

Ah...ok. Where do you note that?

This is what made me ask the question.

http://cgi.ebay.com/T206-SWEET-CAPOR...item19c569f1dc
Old 05-10-2011, 06:12 PM

I haven't submitted in awhile to PSA, but as Cozmo said...I've just written it on the submission form (Please slab as authentic if numeric grade is not given) and hi lighted it....

If you submit to SGC...they actually have a box you can check for "authentic" grade on the slab if you want one...otherwise they will also return them to you ungraded with a sticker only.

Ricky Y
Old 05-10-2011, 06:46 PM
N.ate A.dams

Nagging questions, I know. I thank you for the assistance.

Do you just write it in some empty spots where you are listing the cards to be graded? or is anywhere on the submission form fine?
Old 05-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Brian Dwyer

Any blank area around the card listing is fine...a Post It note on the top card or stuck to the invoice might not be a bad reminder.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:10 PM

Hey Nate - just saw your directed question to me from the other day. Sorry for delay, but I don't check the board every day. Looks like several others have fortunately answered that question already.

I'm like you -- collected as a kid in the 80-90s, went away from it for a while, and now back in the game for the past year. So the third-party-grading concept was entirely new to me when I returned. I had a lot of trepidation when I put together my first submission to PSA, so I know where you're coming from. Amn't necessarily an expert myself, but ask away!

--S

Last edited by shaunsteig; 05-12-2011 at 05:11 PM.