NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 11-16-2015, 03:39 PM
Brock

Default Beware of this eBay seller

Beware of eBay seller rams-booty, they're a power seller. I bought a baseball bat from them the other night that they had listed as a buy it now. During the night they refunded my money to sell the bat to someone else. So they might not honor your sale.

I'm guessing after I purchased the one, some eBay member informed the seller that the bat was worth a lot more(wouldn't be surprised if it was a certain forum member because they have a history of interfering with transactions if they get good deals).
Old 11-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Dan Bretta

Pepper Martin bat? How did they cancel the transaction without your approval? It appears as though the auction had ended and only 14 minutes later they sold it as a BIN to someone else.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:56 PM
Brock

I bought it as a buy it now. I never saw it listed as a auction. I don't know how they cancelled the sale, guessing they just refunded it thru PayPal.

What I find funny is in there auction descriptions they say they won't sell early because it's not fair to everyone m. Then when I question them about breaching our contract, they have the nerves to call me a crook when all I did was buy a bat and expect them to hold up their side of the transaction.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:06 PM
Dan Bretta

ended auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1930s-35-Vin...4AAOSwT4lWR6u1

BIN

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1930s-35-Vin...4AAOSwT4lWR6u1
Old 11-16-2015, 08:55 PM
N@te

Trying to clarify because I'm kind of confused....

So it was listed as in auction starting at $9.99. Then it was ended by seller and then he started it back up again at the BIN of $150?

A portion of my collection on GUA:

https://gameusedauthority.com/all-co...member_id=pUnl
Old 11-16-2015, 09:13 PM
qu@n nguy3n

just leave a neg and move on. these ebay posts are a waste of time...some people here would shove their own mother to give money to the seller if he has something they need.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:56 AM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnVme7 View Post
Trying to clarify because I'm kind of confused....

So it was listed as in auction starting at $9.99. Then it was ended by seller and then he started it back up again at the BIN of $150?

That's what's I'm guessing.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:57 AM
Kevin O'Gara

It's obviously a gamer what is it worth
Old 11-17-2015, 08:13 AM
N@te

My first thought is that he ended the original auction and did a BIN for the $150 for another buyer. Then you saw it right when it was listed and then you bought it, but it was supposed to go to the other person? Kind of how it looks like.

If not, why did he end it and start it up again with a $150 BIN. Where'd he come up with that number?

Last edited by UnVme7; 11-17-2015 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:22 AM
Brock

Quote:
My first thought is that he ended the original auction and did a BIN for the $150. Then you saw it right when it was listed and then you bought it, but it was supposed to go to the other person? Kind of how it looks like.

If not, why did he end it and start it up again with a $150 BIN. Where'd he come up with that number?

I have no idea Nate. If that's the case then it shouldn't have been relisted. But he did relist it which opens it back up for everyone. Also after I bought it, I exchanged two messages with him. At no point did he say "oh sorry someone else was suppose to buy it". And why not refund my money right away not hours later.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:02 AM
N@te

Yeah, that's a bit sketchy on his part then. Sorry to hear that. Did you have any diologue with him before you bought it?

Old 11-17-2015, 02:45 PM
Steven Finley

I'm not being an @ss, but what is there to beware of? One of either two things probably happened:

A. The BIN was setup for another buyer and you happened to see it almost instantly. He refunded to complete the sale with the other buyer.

B. The bat is a gamer (I wouldn't know as I don't collect them) and someone alerted him to the fact that he was leaving $2k-$3k on the table.

Sucks your sale wasn't completed, but this guy is like a 2/10 in the "eBay scum" department.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:08 PM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfinley View Post
I'm not being an @ss, but what is there to beware of? One of either two things probably happened:

A. The BIN was setup for another buyer and you happened to see it almost instantly. He refunded to complete the sale with the other buyer.

B. The bat is a gamer (I wouldn't know as I don't collect them) and someone alerted him to the fact that he was leaving $2k-$3k on the table.

Sucks your sale wasn't completed, but this guy is like a 2/10 in the "eBay scum" department.
Well I thought some people here might want to know about a seller who doesn't follow thru with their transactions.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:22 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfinley View Post
The BIN was setup for another buyer and you happened to see it almost instantly. He refunded to complete the sale with the other buyer.
That happened to me once. The seller and I agreed on a price, he added a BIN so I could grab the item, and someone else grabbed it first. Big, stinky mess.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 11-17-2015, 05:45 PM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
That happened to me once. The seller and I agreed on a price, he added a BIN so I could grab the item, and someone else grabbed it first. Big, stinky mess.
So what did the seller end up doing in your case?
Old 11-17-2015, 06:06 PM
Dan Bretta

Happened to me one time where I set up a BIN for a buyer only to have someone else buy it, but I did not renege on the sale. The reason I did not is because the guy I set the BIN up for knew I was setting it up for him at that time and didn't hit it. It sat there as a BIN for the whole day. He complained and said he got sidetracked, but I told him there was nothing I could do at that point. I don't often set up BINs for people now, but when I do I put in the title "FOR ***** ONLY"

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 11-17-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:37 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
.......I don't often set up BINs for people now, but when I do I put in the title "FOR ***** ONLY"
He is......the most interesting man in the world.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:49 PM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
He is......the most interesting man in the world.
Was thinking the same thing.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:17 AM
Rusty Sm0l0v

lol

Always looking for Chicago Bears jerseys!
Particularly jerseys with patches...
Old 11-18-2015, 06:38 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
just leave a neg and move on. these ebay posts are a waste of time...some people here would shove their own mother to give money to the seller if he has something they need.
If these ebay posts are a waste of your time then don't read them. I don't think they are a waste at all.

BTW, canceling an auction (not a completed sale) by a buyer to offer as a BIN to someone is done all of the time. There is no issue with that. But once the sale is complete then it should be a sale and not refunded to do a BIN.

Last edited by Leon; 11-18-2015 at 06:40 AM.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:38 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Same here - I still weep a little when I think about it: I contacted the guy late at night regarding an incredibly rare 1910's pool cue that I had only ever seen in the Billiard Encyclopedia. We agreed on a price and I stayed up for a while waiting for him to list it. The next morning it was gone - he had listed it for the BIN price we agreed on, early that morning before I woke up.

From an unscrupulous seller's perspective, I get it - you agree on a BIN and figure, if the guy you had the agreement with gets beat to the punch, who cares? You still got the agreed-upon price. In real life, deals like that end up with someone getting a black eye, but on the internet you can say anything you want, back out on any deal you want, basically be a turd in ways that you simply can't get away with in real life.

As soon as I can afford to close my business, no one without my phone number will ever hear a thing from me again (no offense )
Old 11-18-2015, 08:40 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Happened to me one time where I set up a BIN for a buyer only to have someone else buy it, but I did not renege on the sale. The reason I did not is because the guy I set the BIN up for knew I was setting it up for him at that time and didn't hit it. It sat there as a BIN for the whole day. He complained and said he got sidetracked, but I told him there was nothing I could do at that point. I don't often set up BINs for people now, but when I do I put in the title "FOR ***** ONLY"
When I reach an agreement like that I create a BIN with a MASSIVE price, but with 'make offer'. No one's ever agreed to the massive price, so the person I'm dealing with always gets his goods

Last edited by Runscott; 11-18-2015 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:54 PM
qualitycards

To avoid the situation where a seller agrees to a price w/ a buyer on eBay
and someone else grabs it at that price.
eBay now have a "private offer" that only the prospective buyer can see.

I've seen it pop up when a buyer contacts me and makes an offer on a BIN listed price.
If I agree, I just type in his offer (or my counteroffer) and only he can get it at that new price.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:47 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
When I reach an agreement like that I create a BIN with a MASSIVE price, but with 'make offer'. No one's ever agreed to the massive price, so the person I'm dealing with always gets his goods
That is something I had not thought of and will use from here on out.

Thanks for the tip!
Old 11-20-2015, 07:01 AM
N@te

I'm curious where he came up with $150.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:07 PM
Brock

Quote:
I'm curious where he came up with $150.
I have no idea. But Im gonna guess if he's telling the truth that he did have a agreement with someone else before I bought it, then that person would convinced him its worth $150.

Or, maybe when he first listed the bat he made a mistake and redid it with the buy it now and just decided on $150. Then I bought it and then someone messed with the sale and told him after how much its worth.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:16 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Wolt View Post
To avoid the situation where a seller agrees to a price w/ a buyer on eBay
and someone else grabs it at that price.
eBay now have a "private offer" that only the prospective buyer can see.

I've seen it pop up when a buyer contacts me and makes an offer on a BIN listed price.
If I agree, I just type in his offer (or my counteroffer) and only he can get it at that new price.
Jay, we were talking about when a buyer makes an offer on a 'straight auction' and the seller wishes to protect the agreed-upon price from other potential buyers; i.e-there is no 'fixed price BIN' to make an offer on.