NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-01-2021, 03:49 PM
Bill Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
I respect you and your Fellow Illinoisans. How does me saying I hope we can chose states that are open such as FL, TX, and TN disrespectful to you personally???
Because that's the country we now live in. So many people just looking for a reason to be offended.
Old 04-01-2021, 04:29 PM
Matt

^^^ THAT is spot on!
Old 04-01-2021, 05:21 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRoberts View Post
Because that's the country we now live in. So many people just looking for a reason to be offended.
I wish there was a '100 Likes' button to hit for that one.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 04-01-2021, 05:31 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
I heard recently even If ONE person is offended, it has to be changed

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 04-01-2021, 06:24 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
I heard recently even If ONE person is offended, it has to be changed
I don't doubt from the news you follow that you heard exactly that.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:26 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
I don't doubt from the news you follow that you heard exactly that.
Username an oxymoron?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 04-01-2021, 06:30 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Username an oxymoron?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Hell no I believe in the Steal, pizzagate, and whatever Friar Tucker tells me, like the true patriot that I am.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:31 PM
Scott Russell

I come here to get away from this shit, can both sides please cool it.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 04-01-2021, 06:49 PM
Dan Bretta

I worry that if it’s moved to a state like Texas or Florida with no restrictions at all that it could be a super spreader event. Sports cards are hotter right now than they may ever have been and the crowd could be huge. Covid is still here but too many people are acting like this is over already. My wife had to postpone a medical procedure because one of her coworkers tested positive last week. I had to postpone looking at a huge baseball card collection because the guy called me today and told me his wife has Covid. I feel like we’re spiking the ball at the one yard line. Crossing my fingers though that people continue to be vaccinated and the show can go on as scheduled in Chicago.
Old 04-02-2021, 06:59 AM
Wimberleycardcollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I worry that if it’s moved to a state like Texas or Florida with no restrictions at all that it could be a super spreader event. Sports cards are hotter right now than they may ever have been and the crowd could be huge. Covid is still here but too many people are acting like this is over already. My wife had to postpone a medical procedure because one of her coworkers tested positive last week. I had to postpone looking at a huge baseball card collection because the guy called me today and told me his wife has Covid. I feel like we’re spiking the ball at the one yard line. Crossing my fingers though that people continue to be vaccinated and the show can go on as scheduled in Chicago.
People still jumping to conclusions and watching too much sheeple news. Texas has restrictions and we're not acting like it's over. Just don't have state mandated restrictions which means the state isn't enforcing it the counties and cities are. It was pretty much that way from the beginning anyway. The state never really enforced anything. It just covered their butts in case lawsuits came up. Everyone here in Texas, or the majority, are still following protocols and the businesses still have signage requiring masks, social distancing, etc. The news makes it sound like we're all running around spitting on each other. Geez. The show can also follow protocols and require dealers and attendees to follow them. I just attended a huge toy show in Atlanta over a week ago and it went fine. Everyone followed the rules and it wasn't a super spreader. The Super bowl parties were supposed to be also but that never happened. Too much panic being spread by misinformation and predictions which have mostly been all wrong. I got COVID even though I followed protocols to an extreme being a type 1 diabetic and having a very compromised immune system also. Got it a week after my first vaccine. Even with my bad health history it was like having a bad flu. I've lost a couple of friends to it but mostly because they were really sick already or didn't seek any help when they got it. You can't believe everything you read, see on TV and the internet about this stuff. I live here so I'm pretty knowledgeable about the situation in Texas. Can't speak to Florida. I can say I have attended several major shows and cons throughout the country this year and last with no issues. Caught it right here in our little town.

Last edited by Wimberleycardcollector; 04-02-2021 at 07:07 AM.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:33 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

I certainly don't have any experience trying to organize events of this scale, but other than possibly inclement weather, are there any obstacles to hosting it outside? Soldier Field (for example) probably isn't too busy in late July.

Last edited by egri; 04-01-2021 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:45 PM
Bill Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
I come here to get away from this shit, can both sides please cool it.
I come here to get away from profanity, so please cool it.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:50 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Oh yeah, well your being offended by my being offended about the offensive things you posted in reply to my posts that offended you offends me.

Now everyone who lives in a legal state, smoke a bowl and watch a sunset.

Kona before the world turned stupid. Aloha...

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 04-01-2021 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:07 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
I come here to get away from profanity, so please cool it.
I don't believe there's a rule about profanity. There is, however, a rule about politics.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions