NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 11-04-2012, 07:10 AM
Steve Liskey

Default eBay - Red Cross Donations

Does anyone know how much of the allocated funds on eBay sales go to the designated source (fund)? I want to help via the American Red Cross donation option on eBay but am a little leary about where the funds actually go. Is there a way to research this, or does anyone have any info to share?

If I designate 10% of what I sell an item for, does the American Red Cross get the entire amount?
Old 11-07-2012, 07:51 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysGuide View Post
Does anyone know how much of the allocated funds on eBay sales go to the designated source (fund)? I want to help via the American Red Cross donation option on eBay but am a little leary about where the funds actually go. Is there a way to research this, or does anyone have any info to share?

If I designate 10% of what I sell an item for, does the American Red Cross get the entire amount?
Hi Steve, I have years of professional experience in this area. I can't tell you what eBay and the Red Cross have worked out -- I strongly doubt eBay gets any of it -- but this is how the system goes: It's a trickle down experience. All of the monies go to Red Cross. Most of it goes for administrative and operational purposes. Eventually victims of Sandy (and the current nor'easter we are experiencing) get shelter, heat, electric, hot water, food, etc. Hence, you can donate for Sandy but you have no exact way of precisely earmarking where your donation will go. So, you might want to locate somewhere more local re Sandy and earmark it for food, shelter, whatever. There are reputable organizations that will adhere to that (not bashing the RC, who do wonderful work, just letting you know how it goes).

Here's a story or two: I'm an out of work schoolteacher. A few days ago I'm sitting on my butt watching the bad news and thinking what am I doing sitting on my butt watching the bad news!? I go the the Red Cross website, a dropdown list requests what will I do, and the first listing states "Everything". So, that is what I chose. The next part asks for skills, so I type in, NYS certified teacher. When I enter all the additional info I get a response that there is no opening, and then get shot back to a donate page.
Last year, during Hurricane Irene, my good friend, who is a master carptenter, volunteers for Habitat for Humanity. He gets backs a message that he is over qualified.

Uh, the moral of this all is to go local with your money where you want it and will go directly to where it would do the most good where you want it. I don't even know if this helps you. But this is how it happens -- to answer your question.

Paul

Tags
ebay donations, red cross