NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-26-2020, 05:21 PM
James M.

Default Problem with USPS Delivery

Wanted to pick your brains concerning a problem I ran into today with USPS. I ordered a Card off of ebay. USPS says the card was "delivered" to my house. I've been home all day, nothing ever came. I go to USPS, speak to the supervisor and he tells me that my package was dropped off at the wrong house and that the post office is retrieving someone to get it and that he personally would get back to me by tonight. Well the time has came and went, haven't heard from him, I'm going to go down there again tomorrow but my mind is assuming the worst.

Assuming I can't get a hold of it, how would I go about getting my money back? USPS will cover up to $500 but I paid more than that for the card. Do I contact the seller via ebay first? Go through Paypal? Just want to have something mapped out in case the worst case scenario happens. Thank you.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:29 PM

Default card delivered to wrong address

I have had that happen more then once and always get the card.
Give them a chance
Old 06-26-2020, 05:31 PM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybestbretts View Post
Give them a chance
Thanks for attempting to calm me down. Here's to hoping of course.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:44 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybestbretts View Post
Give them a chance
+1 I have had it happen countless times over the years. It has always arrived in the next day or two.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:46 PM
Scott Russell

Anyone who gets expensive stuff in the mail is playing with fire without a PO box. I know that's shutting the barn door after the horse gets out but it's worth the small investment for the piece of mind.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 06-26-2020, 05:50 PM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Anyone who gets expensive stuff in the mail is playing with fire without a PO box. I know that's shutting the barn door after the horse gets out but it's worth the small investment for the piece of mind.
I'm going to consider this going forward. It's very disheartening to say the least that you have to go through these lengths just to ensure what you ordered actually gets delivered to you. I'm hoping from the other positive stories in this thread that it works out this time.
Old 06-26-2020, 06:31 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

You can also sign up for "Informed Delivery" via USPS. It is free! They will actually email you a scan everyday of what mail is going to be delivered that day... Very cool and also lets you know if you should be first at the mailbox rather than significant other!!!
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 06-26-2020, 06:59 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
I had a PO Box for years and had a few items marked delivered and never actually received them. They put them in the wrong PO Box or they put the yellow pick-up card in your box but then misplace the envelope.

Its actually harder for the PO to correct because the GPS is useless in that situation.
Old 06-26-2020, 07:04 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Assuming I can't get a hold of it, how would I go about getting my money back? USPS will cover up to $500 but I paid more than that for the card. Do I contact the seller via ebay first? Go through Paypal? Just want to have something mapped out in case the worst case scenario happens. Thank you.
James, I am not picking on you but why would you contact the eBay seller? The Post Office said it was delivered to the wrong house. Why is that the responsibility of the seller?

This is a pet peeve of mine. If a package gets lost, I will discuss with the buyer various options. BUT, if a package shows as delivered, I feel that I have fulfilled my obligation as a seller and the delivering agent (Fed Ex, USPS, UPS) is now responsible.

Jeff

Last edited by ibuysportsephemera; 06-26-2020 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-26-2020, 07:05 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Even PO Boxes aren't foolproof. I once had an item get delivered to the wrong PO Box and was scanned as DELIVERED.
Old 06-26-2020, 07:10 PM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
James, I am not picking on you but why would you contact the eBay seller? The Post Office said it was delivered to the wrong house. Why is that the responsibility of the seller?

This is a pet peeve of mine. If a package gets lost, I will discuss with the buyer various options. BUT, if a package shows as delivered, I feel that I have fulfilled my obligation as a seller and the delivering agent (Fed Ex, USPS, UPS) is now responsible.

Jeff

Jeff, fair observation. I thought to maybe reach out to the seller just to inform him or her of the situation. I'm usually very prompt with feedback and I know that's important to sellers. The seller is not at fault here, I'm not blaming them. Sorry if my original post implied that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Even PO Boxes aren't foolproof. I once had an item get delivered to the wrong PO Box and was scanned as DELIVERED.
Very true. Not surprised in the slightest. Just a case of human error. The post office manager said "well he's new" in response to me questioning why I didn't get my package. I understand you can be new to a neighborhood, and that people make mistakes, It's just frustrating.
Old 06-26-2020, 07:16 PM

I've recently had a few instances where I get email notification late in the night that my package was delivered -- when I know for sure it wasn't -- but it shows up the next day or the day after that. Assuming that the carrier is doing this to somehow save themselves time or something like that. It's nerve-wracking to get the false delivery notice and then just have to hope the thing actually shows up soon.
Old 06-27-2020, 10:30 AM

I thought eBay required signature confirmation on a purchase that large.
Old 06-27-2020, 02:41 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldl1950 View Post
I thought eBay required signature confirmation on a purchase that large.
Paypal requires it on anything over $750
Old 06-27-2020, 02:43 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Very true. Not surprised in the slightest. Just a case of human error. The post office manager said "well he's new" in response to me questioning why I didn't get my package. I understand you can be new to a neighborhood, and that people make mistakes, It's just frustrating.
Thats a ridiculous excuse, I assume the new guy can read.
Old 06-27-2020, 03:27 PM
Justin

So to play devil's advocate to the seller than posted earlier.

If the item is truly lost, and was sent without signature required, is the seller now responsible?
Thoughts?

I hope the OP got good news today and the discussion is moot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2020, 04:32 PM

Actually had this happen to me with a pair of tennis shoes with UPS.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:20 PM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcosta19 View Post
So to play devil's advocate to the seller than posted earlier.

If the item is truly lost, and was sent without signature required, is the seller now responsible?
Thoughts?

I hope the OP got good news today and the discussion is moot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Went to the post office this morning twice and left my information again. In both cases the station manager did not contact me nor was I able to see him again. I had to leave to go to Connecticut to handle family business, so I'm hoping that by the time tomorrow comes around and I get back to NY the package is in my mailbox.

The Purchase with tax came in just shy of 750, $734 to be precise. If the above scenario doesn't occur, then I'm making a last ditch effort and going to the post office as many times as I have to on Monday.

It's a 53 Bowman Color Mantle, it's a pretty available card, and while it only clocked in at a PSA 2.5, the eye appeal IMO exceeded the grade. It's one thing if this was a purchase from a big corporation that I could just order one again at the drop of a hat. However that's not the case. I think it also doesn't help that the USPS is grossly incompetent and cannot properly communicate with its customers.

Last edited by Seven; 06-27-2020 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-28-2020, 02:05 AM
Ru.ss Khederi@n

Quote:
Went to the post office this morning twice and left my information again. In both cases the station manager did not contact me nor was I able to see him again. I had to leave to go to Connecticut to handle family business, so I'm hoping that by the time tomorrow comes around and I get back to NY the package is in my mailbox.

The Purchase with tax came in just shy of 750, $734 to be precise. If the above scenario doesn't occur, then I'm making a last ditch effort and going to the post office as many times as I have to on Monday.

It's a 53 Bowman Color Mantle, it's a pretty available card, and while it only clocked in at a PSA 2.5, the eye appeal IMO exceeded the grade. It's one thing if this was a purchase from a big corporation that I could just order one again at the drop of a hat. However that's not the case. I think it also doesn't help that the USPS is grossly incompetent and cannot properly communicate with its customers.
Boy the P.O. must really love you
Old 06-28-2020, 05:28 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

I am changing my tune a bit from my previous post. If the seller did not add insurance to a sale of almost $750 (or at least signature confirmation) he deserves to have a request from the buyer for eBay to step in and help him. I insure every package over $200.

Jeff

Last edited by ibuysportsephemera; 06-28-2020 at 05:28 AM.
Old 06-28-2020, 05:37 AM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

Instead of going to the PO file a claim on line with USPS. I did this and had great results. The package eventually, after hearing from the supervisor at the PO where the error took place, got to me.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:34 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
I am changing my tune a bit from my previous post. If the seller did not add insurance to a sale of almost $750 (or at least signature confirmation) he deserves to have a request from the buyer for eBay to step in and help him. I insure every package over $200.

Jeff
Exactly. Most sellers do not understand that insurance is more them than it is for the buyer.
Old 06-28-2020, 04:21 PM
Phil

Default Problem with USPS Delivery

I'm also having a problem with a delivery. On June 15th I scheduled a pick up of a 3-day Priority Mail package of 2-2009 Topps American Heritage sets. It was picked up with another package on the 16th. Here's where the fun begins.

The second package was scanned immediately and delivered in three days time.

The Priority Mail package wasn't scanned into the system at its point of origin until June 21st, whereupon it went to the regional distribution center later that day.

The package disappears once again until June 25th when I was informed that it was en route to its destination. A separate email listed June 26th as its possible date of arrival.

The package didn't arrive on the 26th or 27th and the tracking information still shows that it's "in route."

I usually have great success using USPS, but something seems to have gone haywire.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:05 PM
Bobw

Is your package headed for one of the new hot spots around the country...The Northeast, Colorado and especially Michigan had a lot of mail delays at the beginning a few months ago.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:58 AM
Phil

Thank you, it was headed to Waterloo, Iowa.