NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Default SGC Press Release

Posted By: leon

Leon,

I hope all is well with you. On behalf of SGC, please post the following press release on the Network 54 board. If you have any questions, etc., please give me a call.

Thanks,

Sean

Sportscard Guaranty Adds Derek Grady as Director of Grading

PARSIPPANY, NJ (November 27, 2007) – Sportscard Guaranty (SGC), a leading grader and authenticator of trading cards, has announced that effective January 1, 2008, Derek Grady will be rejoining the company as a Director of Grading and Vice President.

Grady brings years of unparalleled experience in card grading and authentication to SGC. Known throughout the industry as one of the hobby’s most capable and knowledgeable card graders, Grady joins SGC’s team of experts in a senior-level capacity. His skills and experience add to the company’s exceptional talents in the areas of accurate, consistent grading and superior detection of card alterations.

According to SGC’s Managing Member Dave Forman, “We’re thrilled to have Derek back on board with SGC. Many people feel that Derek is the most talented grader in the industry, and we’re pleased to add him to what I feel is the best grading team in the hobby.”

“With SGC in the midst of a period of unprecedented growth, adding a highly respected person like Derek reinforces our commitment to being the best grading company possible, with the hobby’s best-trained, most knowledgeable staff. With more collectors turning to SGC than ever before, we’re proud of the team we’ve assembled, and we’re ready to continue our evolution long into the future.”

SGC is known among sports card hobbyists for its accuracy and consistency.
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Parsippany, N.J., the company provides independent, third-party appraisal of trading card condition – the single most important factor in determining a card’s value.

Sean Skeffington
Vice President-Operations
973-984-0018
973-984-8447 (Fax)
sskeffington@sgccard.com

Old 11-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JimCrandell

Good move for SGC--rehiring someone as well thought of as Derek.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Patrick McHugh

This is a top notch move by SGC. SGC is well on the way to becoming the top grading company in the hobby. I have noticed that in more and more big auction house auctions SGC graded cards are becoming a dominent force.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...I hope their next press release comes soon and announces an alliance with a respected autograph authenticator. I just ordered the submission forms from....Gasp!....PSA/DNA.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

A very good company just got even better.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jon

A press release? Company information? What's that?
signed - GAI

LOL

Old 11-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Todd Schultz

Props and more props for that move SGC.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay

Welcome home Derek!

Old 11-30-2007, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Martin Neal

I have always liked SGC, but I started my T205 and T206 registries with Psa. I am not unhappy with Psa, but I do feel that SGC is a little more consistent.
Monday, I sent in a 441 card submission (T210s, T205s, and (T206s) to SGC. I will probably do the T206 registry with SGC, but keep my T205 set registry with PSA. I just wish that SGC would model their registry after Psas (or something similar) although it is a step in the right direction to add the T205 variations.
I also sent in a submission to Psa (44 T205s) under their 5 business day special. Last time it Took 11 days once they logged it in.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Glad to hear Derek is back with SGC. Many people thought when he left that SGC would take a nose dive, but it only flourished and Derek's addition can only help the progression.

Any reason given to why he left Mastro?

Lee