NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 07-08-2021, 07:30 PM
Jeff P

Default Football Dinner at the National - Thursday Evening

Hey all!

My Vintage Football Community (VFC) forum is hosting a dinner for football collectors / hobbyists on Thursday at the National. Anyone on Net54 interested in talking football, the hobby, or just hanging with other collectors is welcome to attend. We will be passing the hat to pay the bill but it should be pretty reasonable given we are having appetizers, pizza, sides, etc. for dinner.

The National closes at 6pm on Thursday so we are shooting for 6:30 to gather for dinner. We will be eating at:

Moretti's Ristorante & Pizzeria
9519 W Higgins Rd, Rosemont, IL 60018

Moretti's is about 3 miles from the convention center where the Natty will be held so very convenient as well.

Please PM me if interested in attending as we are trying to get a head count for our reservation.

jeff
Old 07-17-2021, 07:26 AM
Jeff P

Now under two weeks until the Natty. Anyone getting excited? Definitely let me know if you want to join in for pizza. I think we are up to 15-20 hobbyists at this point that are planning to attend.

The more the merrier!

jeff
Old 07-17-2021, 12:36 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

Jeff I'll be in Chicago all week and yes I'm excited! I don't think I can make the dinner but thanks for the invite. Hope to see you at the show!
Larry
Old 07-17-2021, 05:14 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLarry View Post
Jeff I'll be in Chicago all week and yes I'm excited! I don't think I can make the dinner but thanks for the invite. Hope to see you at the show!
Larry
Thanks Larry! Sorry you can't make dinner but hopefully we will meet up. Here is my cell number 703-431-2920.

jeff
Old 07-23-2021, 04:47 AM
Jeff P

The Natty is next week and we are less than a week away from the Football Pizza Dinner my VFC forum is hosting. Please, please, please join us if you are at the National on Thursday and enjoy talking football and eating pizza.

PM me if interested. It will be a fun time! Currently have between 20-25 collectors who have RSVP'ed for the event.

jeff
Old 07-24-2021, 04:39 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyepayne View Post
The Natty is next week and we are less than a week away from the Football Pizza Dinner my VFC forum is hosting. Please, please, please join us if you are at the National on Thursday and enjoy talking football and eating pizza.

PM me if interested. It will be a fun time! Currently have between 20-25 collectors who have RSVP'ed for the event.

jeff

Jeff, it looks like you've been losing sleep over this. Take a deep breath and relax.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 07-24-2021, 07:52 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Jeff, it looks like you've been losing sleep over this. Take a deep breath and relax.
Not at all. Just trying to drum up more people!

jeff
Old 07-25-2021, 02:38 PM
Joseph Mie.lke

How did it go? This is the first Chicago national I missed, would have loved to attended this.
Old 07-26-2021, 04:44 AM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicosbailbonds View Post
How did it go? This is the first Chicago national I missed, would have loved to attended this.
The National is this week so our dinner is this Thursday. I'll try to take some photos and post them.

jeff
Old 07-26-2021, 02:16 PM

Default Have fun at the Football Dinner fellas

I won't be attending the National this year, but I am still interested in trading a 35 Chicle complete set for a 52 Topps Mantle. The set avg is VG, Nags is SGC 20 presents super nice.

I am about 2 hours south the Natty if some one wants to meet up for in person trade.
Old 07-30-2021, 08:45 AM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckr1 View Post
I won't be attending the National this year, but I am still interested in trading a 35 Chicle complete set for a 52 Topps Mantle. The set avg is VG, Nags is SGC 20 presents super nice.

I am about 2 hours south the Natty if some one wants to meet up for in person trade.
No hijacking my thread Tucker, LOL.

We had a GREAT pizza dinner last night for those that missed it. 30ish collectors all enjoying football talk with lots of food and drink. Some pack rips as well as some VFC members brought 70s - 90s packs to open. A few HOFers were discovered along with lots of memories.

Fun stuff and already thinking about next year's dinner in AC.

jeff
Old 07-30-2021, 09:02 AM

Default Sorry for the hijack!!

Sorry for the hijack, but was anyone interested in the 35 set!!!! LOL

Sounds like alot of fun and I will have to attend one of these in the future.