NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-04-2020, 01:38 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
Not metal, but here I am with the lovely wife "standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"...
What?...you couldn't get the flatbed Ford in the picture? LOL
1955 Dodger Autographs...40/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Old 04-04-2020, 06:02 PM
G@ry Sƈ@m.ҽh.0ɾn

Killer stuff from the stories, guitars, relics, everything! \m/

Especially that AC/DC album --WoW~Nice Doug!

Any Motörhead stories?
Old 04-04-2020, 07:29 PM
Doug Goodman

Motor Fucking Head.

I used to travel with a single cassette tape (for the tape deck in the van) on one side was Patsy Kline's greatest hits, on the other side was Motorhead.

The first time I saw Motorhead was on June 1, 1982 at the Warfield Theater in San Francisco on the "Iron Fist" tour. Support act was Krohus on their "One Vice at a Time" tour and the opening act was Fist (I assume no pun intended).

Fast Eddie's last show with the band had been on May 14 in NYC, but in those pre-internet days it was only a rumor that he wasn't in the band anymore, until Brian Robertson of Thin Lizzy fame walked out in yellow cover-alls.

I sat in the front row of the balcony which gave me an amazing view of their "Bomber" lighting rig that they had brought (the same as on the cover of the "No Sleep 'til Hammersmith" live album. A little over 23 years later I sat in pretty much the same spot when Green Day first opened for themselves as "The Network", then performed "the opera" (American Idiot in it's entirety), then did an encore of "the hits" and THEN played a 26 song second encore.

Motorhead were SO FUCKIN' LOUD it was amazing. Dust and debris was falling from the ceiling for their whole show. Sadly, it's not an exagaration to say my ears are still ringing (which reminds me of a Lemmy story that we will get to later).

I saw them again in late 1985 (10th Anniversary, I have the sweatshirt sitting on the table in front of me) with Exodus (Paul Baloff singing) in the support slot and Wendy O Williams opening.

Fast forward to 1995 and I toured with a band called "Tiamat" who were the opening act on a bill headlined by a band called "Black Sabbath" that had Cozy Powell playing drums and Tony Martin singing. I'm too lazy to google the bass player's name, but Tony Iommi WAS playing guitar. The support act on that tour was Motorhead. They were amazing every night.

My favorite story about that tour is that when Lemmy died just after he turned 70 (SEVENTY! and we was more metal than ALL of us combined) my little brother and I were talking about him and he said "He was super cool to me" kind of nonchalantly, I said "Huh?! when did you meet Lemmy!?" He proceeded to tell me about the time on the Tiamat tour when he came to a show and ended up sitting in Lemmy's dressing room talking about tanks (my brother drove tanks in the army) and drinking Jack with him. I had no idea. It still amazes me even more than Lemmy Beachwear from the day of the Hampton Beach, NH show.

Then there was the time I was getting custom earplugs molded while laying on a couch at the Roseland Ballroom in Portland, OR and Lemmy was explaining to me why you don't really need ear plugs IF you treat your hearing like a callous and build it up and keep it that way. Old school carpenters didn't need gloves he said. Same thing. An audiologist later said to me "well.... he's not exactly wrong.... he does have a valid point.... buuuutttttt....."

In 1995, while on tour with Ben Folds Five, I finally got to see Fast Eddie when he played "Overkill" with the band at the London Astoria. Yes! Finally!

The last time I saw Lemmy perform was with The Head Cat, his band with Slim Jim Phantom of The Stray Cats, a few weeks after he turned 69 at the Roxy in LA. They were great, too.

I'm listening to "Road Crew" LOUD right now, that song is my life. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FtVR7gdp5c

Well, it was my life, until the zombie apocalypse cancelled every tour...

Trivia - what word, that had never in the history of music before or since been used, did Lemmy rhyme in a song that he wrote in his previous band? Hint, the song foreshadowed his future band.

The man was a poet, the interwebs will prove me right, his lyrics are amazing, and he wrote songs you would never have guessed were his.

Sorry for the long winded post,

Doug "get me talking and I'll never shut up" Goodman

PS - because I'm not a teenaged girl I almost killed myself trying to take this backwards selfie, and because I'm kind of a dick I like to put on clothes I bought at shows I went to 35 years ago BECAUSE THEY STILL FIT ME! Ha!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1982-06-01 Motorhead.jpg (74.6 KB, 357 views)
File Type: jpg 10th Anniversary sweatshirt.jpg (65.4 KB, 358 views)

Last edited by doug.goodman; 04-04-2020 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:28 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Brain dead, total amnesia,
Get some mental anesthesia
Old 04-04-2020, 08:47 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Brain dead, total amnesia,
Get some mental anesthesia
Wrong word, right song.

Last edited by doug.goodman; 04-04-2020 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:49 PM
Tony Quinn

My God Doug, you've lived the life I have always wanted to live. Can I be you in the next life? Motorhead is tied for my favorite band of all time (with Megadeth). I don't know if I can handle any more stories, I may just explode (just like all the drummers in Spinal Tap)!!!
Old 04-04-2020, 08:51 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default last try

"Another backstage pass for you,
Another tube of super glue"

OH!!!!!!

"Fourth day, five day marathon,
We're moving like a parallelogram"

When I was in college listening to this in the late 80's my friends and I actually loved the fact that Lemmy had the word parallelogram in a song.

So pretty funny you brought it up, and pretty stupid of me to not initially remember.

and let's not forget this one by Lemmy:

"Shetland pony, extra pepperoni"

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 04-04-2020 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:26 PM
Doug Goodman

Ding ding ding, we have aye wi-nnah...

I told you, the man was a poet...

As an atheist buddy of mine likes to say "Dog Bless him..."

Tony - remember, at least one of them died in a bizarre gardening accident (as did the drummer from Toto)
Old 04-07-2020, 03:16 PM
G@ry Sƈ@m.ҽh.0ɾn

Asked about any Motörhead stories? Doug goes to...11..haha

Freakin' awesome! Lemmy has to be one of the most metal people ever. GOAT.

He had some real powerful lyrics, dude could do it all. Thanks again for sharing man. Great stuff!

Last edited by GoCubsGo32; 04-07-2020 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:31 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Lemmy's Funeral Service

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BowkWFFZKpE

Most Lemmy fans have seen this, but if not it's pretty good, some great Lemmy stories.

Pop open a few cold ones and enjoy Lemmy's funeral!
Old 04-08-2020, 10:10 PM
Jonathan Sterling

I mentioned earlier that I saw Black Sabbath in 1978 and that Van Halen opened up. In 1995 I stayed in same hotel as band and was luckey enough to have a couple drinks and here stories about the 78 tour. Eddie was not there but he was kind enough to sign the next morning.
I had them sign to my son Kyle who was 9 at the time. He grew up to be a Country music fan ...

Doug loved the Motorhead stories..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15864052711618790190198354700791.jpg (68.7 KB, 325 views)

Last edited by bigfanNY; 04-08-2020 at 10:11 PM.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:43 PM
Doug Goodman

Very nice!
Old 04-09-2020, 03:49 PM

Default Love this thread!!!

ADCCA2AF-5C9C-4BB9-8F9F-FF116180F8BC.jpg

Completed - 1967 Topps Baseball, 1969 Greiner Tires Pirates, 1964 Topps Giants

Working on - 1967 Topps Test Stickers - Pirates 31/33 just need the 2 Clemente’s

Also looking for a 1970's Spalding Advisory Staff photo of Richie Hebner.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:08 PM
Doug Goodman

And I LOVE that Exodus pic.

Here are some Slayer pics from Tom, note the altered logos...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slayer Tom Later pic.JPG (41.9 KB, 307 views)
File Type: jpg Slayer Tom Later2 pic.JPG (55.0 KB, 306 views)
File Type: jpg Slayer Tom pic.JPG (36.0 KB, 302 views)

Last edited by doug.goodman; 04-09-2020 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-10-2020, 06:27 AM
Tony Quinn

Doug, those picks are awesome! SLAYER!!!!
Old 04-11-2020, 12:09 PM

Great Thread.

Here are the first two studio albums from Megadeth, both double autographed(back and sleeve/front and back),original lineups, signed at in store appearances at local Milwaukee record shops back in the day.

Megadeth memory moment. June 1991, Alpine Valley, East Troy WI. Clash of the Titans Tour( Megadeth/Slayer/Anthrax/Alice in Chains)
I was sitting in the seat bowl about 20th row. Megadeth started playing 'High Speed Dirt', and about a minute in the crowd sitting in the lawn seats started to rip up the freshly laid sod and proceed to rain down chunks of grass and mud on the fans in the seats. In turn those fans picked up the chunks and whipped them back. It was a sea of flapping arms and flying soil. The fun and games came to an abrupt end when somebody nailed Dave Mustaine right on the guitar. Stopped the show, swore at everybody and then continued on. Great show from what I can remember
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (49.6 KB, 284 views)
Old 04-11-2020, 12:53 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Alpine Valley was the best and I too was at one of those mud fests. Again as you mentioned this time too everyone was throwing mud at each other and the stage, well Marilyn Manson stopped mid-song and goes "are you guys here to see us or throw mud?"

Needless to say he was then reigned down upon with mud balls & pieces of turf.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:12 PM
Doug Goodman

I don't generally get many autographs when I'm on tour, but I found a couple of kind of cool set lists today...

The Beck show was in 2012, stopped at the show with a friend on our way to dinner, we had planned to stay for half an hour or so, but they were so great that night that we ended up staying for the whole show. After having previously worked at more than 100 of his shows, I would have never guessed that I would enjoy a show so much, it's definitely one of my top 10 concerts that I have seen. Luckily, the restaurant we like was open late that night.

This Pumpkins show in 2018 was billed as their "30th Anniversary" show and had numerous special guests, this is the only item signed by all of the musicians on stage that night. Jimmy Chamberlin was kind enough to sign his entire name (on request) his wife told me later she had "never seen one of those before", although Courtney Love's note is my favorite.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-11-14 Beck Sydney State Theatre.jpg (71.0 KB, 283 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-08-02 Smashing Pumpkins Holmdel NJ PNC Amp.jpg (80.1 KB, 285 views)
Old 04-11-2020, 07:56 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

I've got two for you, Doug:
Helloween (Kiske only, please)
EZO

Ken
PS: I grabbed Lita's hiney during a concert once.
Old 04-11-2020, 08:08 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
I've got two for you, Doug:
Helloween (Kiske only, please)
EZO

Ken
PS: I grabbed Lita's hiney during a concert once.
Laughing out loud!

You got me, never saw either Helloween, or EZO. Never had an interest in either, dare I say too much hair for my tastes? Hahaha. Certainly that was the case with EZO. They make me think of Y&T after Dave stopped wearing the silver spandex...

Last edited by doug.goodman; 04-12-2020 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-12-2020, 04:47 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

This is one of the 'funnest' threads I've ever read here. Keep the stories flowing, please!

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 04-12-2020, 06:25 PM
Tony Quinn

My Helloween story is I attended a MTV Headbangers Ball show at the Aragon Ballroom, Chicago 1989. Anthrax, Exodus & Helloween. Helloween came on first and these 5 or 6 guys right in front of the stage, from the second they came out until they left the stage, gave the band the double bird salute. The ENTIRE set they stood there and flipped off the band. To this day I don't know why but it was one of the funniest, most uncomfortable things I have ever seen at a concert. I don't know what they did to piss these guys off but they certainly had no love for the band Helloween. Not one of my favorites, but far from the worse I ever saw. Will NEVER forget that as long as I live!
Never saw EZO. Don't think they were around long enough!
Old 04-12-2020, 07:57 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnsryche View Post
My Helloween story is I attended a MTV Headbangers Ball show at the Aragon Ballroom, Chicago 1989. Anthrax, Exodus & Helloween. Helloween came on first and these 5 or 6 guys right in front of the stage, from the second they came out until they left the stage, gave the band the double bird salute. The ENTIRE set they stood there and flipped off the band. To this day I don't know why but it was one of the funniest, most uncomfortable things I have ever seen at a concert. I don't know what they did to piss these guys off but they certainly had no love for the band Helloween. Not one of my favorites, but far from the worse I ever saw. Will NEVER forget that as long as I live!
Never saw EZO. Don't think they were around long enough!
That's pretty funny! Sounds like a great lineup
Old 04-12-2020, 07:59 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Laughing out loud!

You got me, never saw either Helloween, or EZO. Never had an interest in either, dare I say too much hair for my tastes? Hahaha. Certainly that was the case with EZO. They make me think of Y&T after they Dave stopped wearing the silver spandex...
Interesting, I would never lump Helloween with hair metal! EZO rocked once they got rid of the Gene Simmons makeup, not really hard, but not pansy stuff.
Old 04-14-2020, 12:33 AM
Doug Goodman

With apologies to Helloween -

In October 1984, me and some friends who were in a band packed into the lead singer's camaro and a u-haul truck and set off for parts unknown. On the way we stopped at an in-store appearance by another band (who we were supposed to have been doing a show with, but it got cancelled due to them having immigration issues, but they made it into the country anyway).

One of the guitar players wrote directions to the in-store, which I used to get there, and used again after we got there.

That in-store also got written up in a "paper". But no mention of my friend's band, even though their lighting guy is in the picture drinking a Bud.

Favorite quote from the story "The band's unhappy influence... most of the youngsters... dressed in black"

Watch out, Satan will make you wear black!

Fun times,
Doug "I really didn't plan on this post being so cryptic, hahaha" Goodman
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1984-12-25 National Examiner pg1 small.jpg (73.5 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg 1984-12-25 National Examiner pg2 small.jpg (76.4 KB, 241 views)
File Type: jpg 1984-12-25 National Examiner pg2 closeup.jpg (85.1 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg SWScan01435.jpg (78.1 KB, 241 views)

Last edited by doug.goodman; 04-14-2020 at 12:33 AM.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:52 AM

Those are some great stories and mementos from the world of metal!! I especially liked the AC/DC autographs.Very cool !!
I don't have a story,but I saw this and thought some of you might enjoy hearing this cover of Rush's "La Villa Strangaito" performed by members of Anthrax,Suicidal Tendencies and Testament.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...t-rush-982981/
Old 04-14-2020, 06:57 AM
Tony Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtiques View Post
Those are some great stories and mementos from the world of metal!! I especially liked the AC/DC autographs.Very cool !!
I don't have a story,but I saw this and thought some of you might enjoy hearing this cover of Rush's "La Villa Strangaito" performed by members of Anthrax,Suicidal Tendencies and Testament.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...t-rush-982981/
That was AMAZING!!!!! Thanks so much for posting that, really made my day.
Old 04-14-2020, 07:01 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Pretty cool! I love the Tendencies.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:10 AM
Tony Quinn

Suicidal is a great band. Saw them open for Queensryche in the late 80's. An odd pairing to say the least but a great show.
Old 04-14-2020, 04:29 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Suicidal is a great band. Saw them open for Queensryche in the late 80's. An odd pairing to say the least but a great show.
I saw that tour (they shared management, that's how it happened) at the Meadowlands in New Jersey on July 24, 1991.

The first time I saw Suicidal was when they headlined a festival at Aquatic Park in Berkeley, CA on August 19, 1984 the bill was :

Suicidal Tendencies
Exodus
Slayer
Blue Cheer (seriously)
Rude Girl
Panther
Blizzard
Roadracer
Die Sieger
Stone Vengeance
Black Metal

The first band were three black guys who did Venom covers...

Black.
Metal.
Get it?
I'm betting the pun was intended.

There are some great pictures from that show in this book :
https://www.bazillionpoints.com/book...ald-o-oimoen/#

I must have a flyer somewhere...

Here are a few pix with Suicidal guys involved...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DITD02.jpg (59.8 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg DITD05.jpg (56.3 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg DITD01.jpg (58.3 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg DITD07.jpg (76.0 KB, 226 views)
Old 04-14-2020, 04:36 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

I saw that tour, too, here in Cleveland!
Old 04-14-2020, 08:18 PM
Tony Quinn

Rocky George is one of the most underated metal guitarists of all time. Terribly overlooked and I don't know why.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:43 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Rocky George is one of the most underated metal guitarists of all time. Terribly overlooked and I don't know why.
He and Jeff Hanneman were buddies. The last time I saw him play he was in Fishbone, supporting Jane's Addiction in May of 2014 in Las Vegas.

Last edited by doug.goodman; 04-14-2020 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-15-2020, 06:54 AM
Tony Quinn

How was Hanneman personally? I hear he was very difficult.
Old 04-15-2020, 07:11 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
How was Hanneman personally? I hear he was very difficult.
I loved him, he was a super sweet guy, always smiling and joking around, from the day I met him in 1984 (when they opened for Laaz Rockit at the Berkeley Keystone) until the last time I spoke to him in 2011 (when Metallica closed for them at Coachella).

There is no such thing as a rock star who toured for 25+ years who doesn't have people talking about how "difficult" they can be, and sometimes I sure they are.

Jeff was no different, but I would bet that the people who would say good things out number those who say bad by at least 100 to 1.

And really, how bad can a guy who wears a Gumby shirt be?

Doug "less than 100-1 about me" Goodman

PS - they didn't show up...

Last edited by doug.goodman; 04-15-2020 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:24 PM
Tony Quinn

Glad to hear it. Hate when I hear bad things about musicians I respect. Love the stories about Lemmy and Dio always making time for the fans. They got it.
Old 04-15-2020, 09:05 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Glad to hear it. Hate when I hear bad things about musicians I respect. Love the stories about Lemmy and Dio always making time for the fans. They got it.
Here is my Ronnie James Dio story :

https://haggisbuffet.blogspot.com/20...nie-james.html
Old 04-16-2020, 04:34 AM
Tony Quinn

My God that's an awesome story. That's exactly what I was talking about.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-16-2020, 05:57 AM

I’m really enjoying this thread.
D057E098-5507-4A23-A932-38B180469AAE.jpg

Working on - 1967 Topps Test Stickers - Pirates 31/33 just need the 2 Clemente’s

Old 04-16-2020, 02:24 PM
Justin

Doug, love these stories! I'm a little younger (49) so I missed the early 80's stuff live. Also I was broke as hell during high school so just went to parties and local clubs when I could roadie for friends bands and get in for free. Didn't start going to lots of bigger shows until the early 90's.

I just recently realized that the first time I saw Slayer was the San Berdo show that they recorded for Decade of Aggression. Only took me almost 30 years to figure that out!

My collection: https://www.instagram.com/collectingbrooklyn/
Old 04-16-2020, 09:07 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Here is my Ronnie James Dio story :

https://haggisbuffet.blogspot.com/20...nie-james.html
That's a really cool story.

I only saw him once, and must have caught a bad night. (Mob rules tour, so yeah maybe not such a good night for him.)
Old 04-17-2020, 08:46 AM
G@ry Sƈ@m.ҽh.0ɾn

Seriously.I look forward to this thread whenever there's a new post.Reading that Dio story,proves exactly that! \m/ Beautiful man. Love the stories and all the details. Simply amazing!

I know King Diamond and Motörhead have been mention....combine the two names...

Anything for Diamond Head?
Old 04-17-2020, 06:23 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCubsGo32 View Post
Anything for Diamond Head?
I wish.

The closest I've ever came was Metallica covering them.

Cuing up "Lighting to the Nations" right now...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOnh...IQ25yV3LJJ41Hi

Last edited by doug.goodman; 04-17-2020 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:10 PM
Justin

Nice. Speaking of, got any early Metallica stories to share? I ordered the "Murder in the Front Row" dvd (already have the book), can't wait to get it.

I grew up in Downey about a mile from Ron's house where they had their practices in the early days. Didn't know it at the time, found out way later. When I saw his yearbook come up for auction I had to have it. As a bonus, my best friend's older sister who I had a childhood crush on is in it!

Last edited by midmo; 04-17-2020 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:18 PM
Doug Goodman

Now for some Holocaust! :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pCQ...8mb6od8J9huAPJ
Old 04-17-2020, 07:21 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by midmo View Post
Nice. Speaking of, got any early Metallica stories to share? I ordered the "Murder in the Front Row" dvd (already have the book), can't wait to get it.

I grew up in Downey about a mile from Ron's house where they had their practises in the early days. Didn't know it at the time, found out way later. When I saw his yearbook come up for auction I had to have it. As a bonus, my best friend's older sister who I had a childhood crush on is in it!
That's pretty cool.

Murder is a GREAT book, I'm tempted to say "Trivia quiz : how many times is Doug pictured?"

I have the DVD on pre-order...
Old 04-18-2020, 06:53 PM
Justin

Quote:
Murder is a GREAT book, I'm tempted to say "Trivia quiz : how many times is Doug pictured?"
The 9 U-Haul pictures are obvious, but there's so many live and groups shots who knows. I'd say somewhere between 9 and 50?

Old 04-19-2020, 08:50 PM
Doug Goodman

The first time I went to Japan was in 1993 with a band called D.R.I.

We almost weren't able to go because 6 days before the first show 3 of the 4 band members were locked up in a prison in Spain (it wasn't jail, it was a prison), but that's a completely different story.

That story ends with a high speed drive to the Barcelona airport, even though our flight was from Madrid, but we eventually made it to Japan, and that's where :

When I checked us into our Tokyo hotel, I used this credit card, fully expecting that the front desk clerk would frown at me and ask for a real card.

But he didn't.

So we all headed to our rooms, and it wasn't until a few hours later, while returning from a record buying adventure, that somebody asked me for another credit card because "the one you used to check in keeps being declined".

So much for "Unquestioned Credit".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scan 4054 on 04-19-20.jpg (72.2 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg Scan 4055 on 04-19-20.jpg (80.2 KB, 254 views)
File Type: jpg DRI Japan.jpg (74.0 KB, 249 views)

Last edited by doug.goodman; 04-19-2020 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-20-2020, 04:13 PM
Doug Goodman

I received the Murder in the Front Row DVD in the mail today. I pre-ordered it on the website, and didn't expect it until next week. I sent a text to Brian Lew (he is "Umlaut" from the Dio blog post a few days ago), one of the authors of the book, and he was as shocked as I was how early I received it.

https://mvdshop.com/products/murder-...sh-metal-story

Now I need to find my DVD player and figure out how to hook it up...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MITFR (1).jpg (74.3 KB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg MITFR (2).jpg (80.8 KB, 234 views)
File Type: jpg MITFR (3).jpg (84.2 KB, 240 views)
Old 04-20-2020, 04:21 PM

Quote:
I received the Murder in the Front Row DVD in the mail today. I pre-ordered it on the website, and didn't expect it until next week. I sent a text to Brian Lew (he is "Umlaut" from the Dio blog post a few days ago), one of the authors of the book, and he was as shocked as I was how early I received it.

https://mvdshop.com/products/murder-...sh-metal-story

Now I need to find my DVD player and figure out how to hook it up...
Awesome! Hopefully mine shows up soon too!