NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 04-27-2012, 07:07 AM
Christopher Williams

Default Josh Gibson Autographed Jersey Lee Trythall Coach's Corner

Coach's Corner Auctions, owned and managed by Scott Malack & Lee Trythall, get the prize for the Consignment Of The Year.

A Josh Gibson autographed jersey. And can we guess who authenticated it? Yes, Christopher Morales. The same Christopher Morales, Forensic Investigator, who is on Ebay's Banned COA List.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=319751

Josh-CC-1.jpg

Josh-CC-2.jpg

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 04-27-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:22 AM
Wayne Walker

Wow, this one takes a lot of balls, but they got 'em over at coach's corner.

I looked through the current auction, and it seems to me that they aren't even trying that hard anymore. Some of the forgeries in the past have been decent, but all of the autos I saw in this auction were straight terrible.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all
Old 04-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Belltown Vintage

They also have a "way cool art chance is a real, hand painted Paciasso". Does calling it a 'Paciasso' make it okay?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:22 AM
Christopher Williams

Default Coach's Corner Auction Walter Johnson Scott Malack

The ink is still wet on these.

WalterJohnson-Fake-1-CC.jpg

Tinker-Fake-1-CC.jpg

Evers-Fake-1-CC.jpg
Old 04-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Richard Simon

Holy sh--, those baseballs are unbelievable!
That Johnson is laughable to the extreme.
They have NO shame.
That does not look like the work of F, maybe a new consignor?
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 04-27-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:36 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Honest question Chris.. Have you ever purchased anything from Coaches Corner? I don't care if it was 20-25 years ago, have you ever purchased from them?
Old 04-27-2012, 10:32 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwade View Post
Honest question Chris.. Have you ever purchased anything from Coaches Corner? I don't care if it was 20-25 years ago, have you ever purchased from them?
Never.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Richard Simon

Chris just knows that if it smells like sh--, and looks like sh--, then it certainy is sh--.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 04-27-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Chris just knows that if it smells like sh--, and looks like shi-- , then it certainy is shi--.

Dont know about the smell, but it sure has the look.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:49 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Never.
I didn't know if you got burnt by them or what your motivations were. You obviously have a disdain hate for Coach's Corner and it's almost got to the point that you're beating a dead horse.

I don't like that they sell forgeries as much as the next guy, but when you constantly post their stuff on this autograph forum, it has become depressing and takes away the enjoyment/love that people have for this hobby.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Christopher Williams

Default Lou Gehrig Autographed Bat Lee Trythall Scott Malack

Read the item description on this one; it is very revealing.

GehrigBat-CC-Fake-1.jpg
Old 04-27-2012, 12:09 PM

Basta! They're all forgeries on C's C. Just post the auction URL, and be done with it.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:15 PM
$teve O.

Being new to the autograph world,I have a stupid question.
How do they get away with selling this crap?
Old 04-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39special View Post
Being new to the autograph world,I have a stupid question.
How do they get away with selling this crap?
That is definitely the $64,000 question.
--
Old 04-27-2012, 01:15 PM
octavio ranzola

how do they get away with this omg...
Old 04-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
I didn't know if you got burnt by them or what your motivations were. You obviously have a disdain hate for Coach's Corner and it's almost got to the point that you're beating a dead horse.

I don't like that they sell forgeries as much as the next guy, but when you constantly post their stuff on this autograph forum, it has become depressing and takes away the enjoyment/love that people have for this hobby.
Then don't read it. This is what I do. This is what I've done for the past eight years or so. I want them to know that I am not going away.

That's why many of the members here wanted a separate autograph forum.

If this depresses you, then please don't read it. I would hate to contribute to your depression.

The main reason I do this, is because, I, too, love the hobby.

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 04-27-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Then don't read it. This is what I do. This is what I've done for the past eight years or so. I want them to know that I am not going away.
LOL! Like they give a s#*t!
Old 04-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:

And yes, I have deep disdain for people like Ted Taylor, Drew Max, Chris Morales, Lee Trythall, and Scott Malack. There are a few others, but I want this thread to stay on track (Coach's Corner Auctions).
Old 04-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
LOL! Like they give a s#*t!
I think I misunderstood this comment., My apologies

Last edited by Leon; 04-27-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:46 PM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Then don't read it. This is what I do.
I believe your intentions to be good, but I think you might be doing more harm than good at this point.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
I believe your intentions to be good, but I think you might be doing more harm than good at this point.
Tell me, Matt, what further harm am I doing. Please explain.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:58 PM

Default Do Something Besides Complain!

I too, like just about everyone on this board, have no use for CC. I too am also tired of Mr. Williams depressing attacks. Every time he says something about CC he brings out some current or much older piece of garbage that they foisted on the public with their phony auctions.
Bitching is fine Mr. Williams but all it does is let off steam with no positive end result. Why don't you DO SOMETHING POSITIVE like start a class action lawsuit or contact government agencies in PA or the Feds and have them go after them? You'd find plenty of support on this board.
You seem obsessed with them so why not take real action and get rid of those parasites and make a real contribution instead of your serio-"comedic" attacks that have accomplished little if anything?

Martin Green
Old 04-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Christopher Williams

Default Coach's Corner Auction Mickey Mantle Scott Malack

Here are a couple of beauties.

Mantle-CC-Forgeries.jpg
Old 04-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Steve Zarelli

I consider Chris a friend. He has a huge heart and tremendous passion.

There is a method to the madness. Recent posts keep the usual suspects at the top of Google search results. There is always someone to whom this is new information. Just maybe, Chris is saving a new collector from making a mistake that would drive him or her from the hobby forever.

Plus, it lets the usual suspects know they are being watched and we won't just go away quietly.

If someone finds the drumbeat depressing, then just bypass the thread. It's clearly marked. The only thing I find depressing is that some of the usual suspects aren't in jail yet.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:21 PM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Tell me, Matt, what further harm am I doing. Please explain.
I've already stated it... "takes away the enjoyment/love that people have for this hobby"

I used to love this board and visited it multiple times a day until the feuding and constant Coaches Corner bashing flooded the board. When the autograph sub-forum was created, the mood changed and things seem to be a little more positive (momentarily). Frankly, I was hoping the Coaches Corner forgery posts had ended and apparently they haven't.

IMO, I feel like your posts only cast dark clouds above this hobby. That's where I think you're intentions are good, but doing more harm. Just my .02
Old 04-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
I've already stated it... "takes away the enjoyment/love that people have for this hobby"

I used to love this board and visited it multiple times a day until the feuding and constant Coaches Corner bashing flooded the board. When the autograph sub-forum was created, the mood changed and things seem to be a little more positive (momentarily). Frankly, I was hoping the Coaches Corner forgery posts had ended and apparently they haven't.

IMO, I feel like your posts only cast dark clouds above this hobby. That's where I think you're intentions are good, but doing more harm. Just my .02
Then don't read it, Matt. If the title of a new thread reads "Coach's Corner" then bypass it, Matt.

This thread contains the words "Coach's Corner." Why did you elect to read it?
Old 04-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:

Matt, there are two members (now it's three...not you, Matt) here on Net54 that I placed on my "Ignore" list. Their comments are no longer visible to me if they post a comment. Why don't you put me on your "Ignore" list. Problem solved.

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 04-27-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:42 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Personally, I don't have a problem with 1 thread a month highlighting the newest and most ridiculous forgeries. I find it more entertaining than depressing since, as others point out so often, nobody on this board takes them seriously anyway.

Overlooking one thread a month is a small price to pay to keep these warnings active where potential bidders can stumble across them before getting burned. More newbies come online every day, and if their first lesson is something other than getting burned on a purchase straight out of the gate, maybe they will stick around long enough to become educated collectors.

If it were a separate thread for each item so that the board was flooded with anti-CC posts, I would feel differently. But that's not what's being done.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Steve Zarelli

Occasionally I am asked to render an opinion on items very similar to this. Typically the person bought it from some antique store or a "mall gallery" thinking it must be real because it's coming from a store in the mall and it has a official looking authentication letter.

It's never fun delivering the bad news. And the people who bought it from the "gallery" didn't get it at the absurdly low CC price... they paid thousands for an elaborately framed and matted fake.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A-11 CC.jpg (69.3 KB, 177 views)
Old 04-27-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirds View Post
I too, like just about everyone on this board, have no use for CC. I too am also tired of Mr. Williams depressing attacks. Every time he says something about CC he brings out some current or much older piece of garbage that they foisted on the public with their phony auctions.
Bitching is fine Mr. Williams but all it does is let off steam with no positive end result. Why don't you DO SOMETHING POSITIVE like start a class action lawsuit or contact government agencies in PA or the Feds and have them go after them? You'd find plenty of support on this board.
You seem obsessed with them so why not take real action and get rid of those parasites and make a real contribution instead of your serio-"comedic" attacks that have accomplished little if anything?

Martin Green
+1!
Old 04-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Christopher Williams

Default Neil Armstrong Lee Trythall Coach's Corner

Here's another beauty, Mr. Zipper. Not only is the sig horrific, but Lee Trythall also posted the photograph of the signature upside-down.

Neil-CC-Upsidedown.jpg

Neil-CC-Upsidedown-2.jpg
Old 04-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirds View Post

Martin Green
Why are you assuming that he has not taken action?
And you get us a list of people who have bought CC stuff and want their money back and Chris and I will help start a class action lawsuit.
You cannot just file a class action lawsuit unless you have lost money. You need grounds to file a lawsuit.
And considering that much of what CC is now selling is being bought for resale, I would think it would be difficult to find people who want to sue them.
Martin - You got a list of those who have been burned by CC and want their money back? I would love to help initiate that lawsuit you talk about.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 04-27-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Why are you assuming that he has not taken action?
Do you mean action other than offering up meaningless challenges on YouTube?
Old 04-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Scott

To try and add some levity to this mess, that Armstrong capsule photo musta been signed when Neil was in space spinning around
Old 04-27-2012, 07:31 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
To try and add some levity to this mess, that Armstrong capsule photo musta been signed when Neil was in space spinning around
With a space pen!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg space pen.jpg (21.1 KB, 151 views)
Old 04-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Wayne Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
I consider Chris a friend. He has a huge heart and tremendous passion.

There is a method to the madness. Recent posts keep the usual suspects at the top of Google search results. There is always someone to whom this is new information. Just maybe, Chris is saving a new collector from making a mistake that would drive him or her from the hobby forever.

Plus, it lets the usual suspects know they are being watched and we won't just go away quietly.

If someone finds the drumbeat depressing, then just bypass the thread. It's clearly marked. The only thing I find depressing is that some of the usual suspects aren't in jail yet.
I agree with this line of thinking. If someone finds a rare auto at coach's corner and does a search, they NEED to find threads like this one that are complaining about the crap forgeries that are being sold there.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:43 PM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty bombjack View Post
I agree with this line of thinking. If someone finds a rare auto at coach's corner and does a search, they NEED to find threads like this one that are complaining about the crap forgeries that are being sold there.
People can start blogs to get the same results.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:56 PM

I am for what TTIOT is doing and if you don't like the thread, avoid it. Nobody is forced to read anything on the board, and you don't have to comment on every thread. It seems like he's a lightning rod and just because a few people don't like his posts, there are others who enjoy what he has to say.

DanC
Old 04-27-2012, 09:07 PM
Richard Simon

Danny are you still promoting smoking for kids?
Shame on you .
+1 for danc's post
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 04-27-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Graig Kreindler

Danny had a very bad experience with Van Halen's 1984...

I got nothin'.

G
Old 04-27-2012, 10:16 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post
Danny had a very bad experience with Van Halen's 1984...

I got nothin'.

G
Was he Hot For Teacher down in Panama?
Old 04-27-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danc View Post
...there are others who enjoy what he has to say.

DanC
What does he have to say? "There are forgeries at Coach's Corner. Trythall and Morales are responsible for them."

It's been said. Over, and over, and over.

Nothin' to see here, folks. Time to move on.

Last edited by David Atkatz; 04-27-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
What does he have to say? "There are forgeries at Coach's Corner. Trythall and Morales are responsible for them."

It's been said. Over, and over, and over.

Nothin' to see here, folks. Time to move on.
Maybe it's just time for you to move on from Chris's threads? I enjoy every one of them.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:41 PM

Ya know, Leon, this autograph section was created because many memorabilia people didn't want to be bothered--even to the extent of deciding to ignore a thread--by stuff they had no interest in.

The same holds for many of us autograph collectors. We're not interested in the constant litany of "look at these Coach's Corner forgeries."

Perhaps a spinoff of a spinoff is in order?
Old 04-28-2012, 12:33 AM

And let's name it Joanie Loves Chachi
Old 04-28-2012, 04:53 AM
Scott

Well. I think its time to just put in my two cents. I really enjoy Chris' posts on the Roaches, and his education. It's really simple. Anyone who doesn't like them, don't read them. Like some of you say that his posts are just rehashes over and over again, so are your posts complaining about his posts. Thats all I mean..

Scott Roberts
Old 04-28-2012, 05:53 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
That was a good one, Scott.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:57 AM
Richard Simon

Why do people read the threads that they don't like?
I will never understand it.
If you don't like what people say, put them on block.
Chris has done that, I have done that.
Simple solution.
The threads about the Roaches are informative for people who don't know about them and funny for those of us who do know about them. Where is the harm?
AND btw Lee - the work done on this auction is as bad as your guys have ever done. Something happen to F?

+1 Leon's post
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 04-28-2012 at 06:00 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:58 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
People can start blogs to get the same results.
You still here, Matt. This is a Coach's Corner thread.

And, Matt, I do contribute to a few other blogs and I also write articles for another website.

Matt, there are thirty-eight threads under the Autograph Forum and only one of them is about Coach's Corner and the title contains the words "Coach's Corner" but you still elected to read it and then complain about it. Why?
Old 04-28-2012, 06:46 AM
Wayne Walker

The auction doesn't even show the jersey itself, or even describe it. Might that be important when considering this purchase?

Any estimates on the end price?

Tags
josh gibson, scott malack