NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 04-09-2020, 07:52 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
in the 17s now........can sell now and make a nice profit
CLCT in the 18s now.....going to upgrade those psa 2s for psa 3s! (or equivalent)

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-17-2020 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:19 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Love Cuomo!

I know he doesn't want it, but this guy should be our President, and I like Trump.

Dude just throws out politics and is doing it the right way. Tells his mayor basically "whoa easy pal, I'll make the call." LOVE IT!!!!

The guy makes nothing but sense.....it has taken me off guard.
Old 04-12-2020, 08:21 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Love Cuomo!

I know he doesn't want it, but this guy should be our President, and I like Trump.

Dude just throws out politics and is doing it the right way. Tells his mayor basically "whoa easy pal, I'll make the call." LOVE IT!!!!

The guy makes nothing but sense.....it has taken me off guard.
Eh, i think saying he throws out politics is a bit disingenuous...
Old 04-12-2020, 12:52 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Eh, i think saying he throws out politics is a bit disingenuous...
Well he's complimenting Trump even when reporters try to get him to say something negative about him.

Never seen that from a Democrat.

And don't think its just kissing butt, seems genuine. He seems like a genuine dude.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:12 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Well he's complimenting Trump even when reporters try to get him to say something negative about him.

Never seen that from a Democrat.

And don't think its just kissing butt, seems genuine. He seems like a genuine dude.
Yes he did do that recently but i think many will agree he is not non-political either.
Old 04-12-2020, 05:44 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Yes he did do that recently but i think many will agree he is not non-political either.
By definition, no politician is non-political. Some are more so than others, but they all look to "score points" and gain support among voters, now and future.

A politician being gracious to members of the opposition party may be mostly genuine, but it is likely also, at least partially, calculated for best effect. Politicians need to win elections to stay relevant and I don't think any of them ever forget that, even for 5 minutes.
Old 04-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Ben North

One thing I have noticed in the areas I collect is all the insanely overpriced stuff getting listed canceled and relisted every few days. We can thank eBay for this with all their free listings being offered.

On the up side a guy that keeps listing a late 80s store model bat as a 1970's game bat said he would update the listing. Hay he might be lying about what the bat is but at least it is insanely overpriced.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:14 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Anyone else think Chris Cuomo is faking it?

I have not heard the guy cough once.

I cough taking a sh-t.

This guy "has the Virus" yet talks an hour straight without so much as a cough or sneeze. 3 days in a row since he's "had it."
He's really going all out on this fake!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...tt0?li=BBnb7Kz
Old 04-17-2020, 09:53 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
CLCT in the 18s now.....going to upgrade those psa 2s for psa 3s! (or equivalent)

CLCT in the mid 19s now..going to upgrade those psa 3s for psa 4s.
Old 04-17-2020, 12:07 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
He's really going all out on this fake!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...tt0?li=BBnb7Kz
Yah he sure is.....

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...tion-with-cnns

He got busted outside his house, breaking his own social distancing BS. Dude is a fraud.
Old 04-17-2020, 12:32 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Yah he sure is.....

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...tion-with-cnns

He got busted outside his house, breaking his own social distancing BS. Dude is a fraud.
Some guy accosts a man standing outside his own home and then files a police report? Some people need to take a breath.
Old 04-17-2020, 02:19 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
Some guy accosts a man standing outside his own home and then files a police report? Some people need to take a breath.
You are missing the point. Mr Quarantine. Mr Social Distance. Mr Bullsh-t.
Old 04-17-2020, 02:25 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

We are taking America back people!!!!

Florida
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...-fla-on-friday

Texas
https://www.wsj.com/articles/texas-g...us-11587151475

Ohio
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/17/us/co...rnd/index.html

Minnesota
https://kttc.com/2020/04/17/walz-ann...-restrictions/

Ohio racetrack owner my hero:

"I'm not asking, I'm opening!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ohio.jpg (16.8 KB, 526 views)
Old 04-17-2020, 02:35 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
You are missing the point. Mr Quarantine. Mr Social Distance. Mr Bullsh-t.
You can be quarantined and take out your trash... I guess it's too much for some people to handle though.
Old 04-17-2020, 02:51 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

and out come the Fredo defenders.

can't you just admit he got busted.

he tells America every night how he can't see his wife blah blah blah and then seen in public with her.
Old 04-17-2020, 03:06 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

and no he can't take out the garbage, because now his germs could effect the garbage man.

you brag about sitting in your basement self-quarantined, then sit in your basement self-quarantined.

let the daughter take out the garbage, or let the garbage sit in the garage for a week or 2 or 3.

no he's sick and engages with a passerby, no matter if the passer by was an idiot himself, Mr Quarantine should have walked back inside, but he's got a mouth that doesn't shut!
Old 04-17-2020, 03:09 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
and no he can't take out the garbage, because now his germs could effect the garbage man.

you brag about sitting in your basement self-quarantined, then sit in your basement self-quarantined.

let the daughter take out the garbage, or let the garbage sit in the garage for a week or 2 or 3.

no he's sick and engages with a passerby, no matter if the passer by was an idiot himself, Mr Quarantine should have walked back inside, but he's got a mouth that doesn't shut!
As long as you wear gloves or take some reasonable precautions, there’s no reason you can’t take out your trash. Geez. Everyone’s a critic. In America you should be able to be on your own property unmolested. I’m sorry you cannot agree with that.

Last edited by jhs5120; 04-17-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-17-2020, 05:20 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
As long as you wear gloves or take some reasonable precautions, there’s no reason you can’t take out your trash. Geez. Everyone’s a critic. In America you should be able to be on your own property unmolested. I’m sorry you cannot agree with that.
Again missing the point. Yes he could do that, but he has said (on 4/14 mind you and over and over again):

"I have to be honest, I got a little cocky," Cuomo said. "I started thinking about, 'Oh great, I want to get retested and then I'm going to do this and I'm going to do that and I'm going to do this.' Not the way COVID works... It comes in waves."

The previous night, Cuomo expressed frustration with the fact that he "can't shake" the virus, despite some symptoms improving.

"I'm scared by this. I'm scared by the potential of this and it frustrates me because I can't get out of this basement," he said. "Everybody tells me it's gradual, it takes time – anywhere from two to three-and-a-half weeks, but it is maddening to have this little, stupid fever."

Thus he is a liar and a fraud. Sorry if you can not accept this fact. But as his well respected brother (at least by me anyway), but as the Gov. says these are the facts.
Old 04-17-2020, 05:28 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Again missing the point. Yes he could do that, but he has said (on 4/14 mind you and over and over again):

"I have to be honest, I got a little cocky," Cuomo said. "I started thinking about, 'Oh great, I want to get retested and then I'm going to do this and I'm going to do that and I'm going to do this.' Not the way COVID works... It comes in waves."

The previous night, Cuomo expressed frustration with the fact that he "can't shake" the virus, despite some symptoms improving.

"I'm scared by this. I'm scared by the potential of this and it frustrates me because I can't get out of this basement," he said. "Everybody tells me it's gradual, it takes time – anywhere from two to three-and-a-half weeks, but it is maddening to have this little, stupid fever."

Thus he is a liar and a fraud. Sorry if you can not accept this fact. But as his well respected brother (at least by me anyway), but as the Gov. says these are the facts.

So you believe because he was found outside in front of his house he’s lying about the whole thing? People need a life.
Old 04-17-2020, 06:53 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
So you believe because he was found outside in front of his house he’s lying about the whole thing? People need a life.
What you lack in intelligence you more then make up for in stupidity......I said he's a liar because he says "I'm in the basement....I have not been able to go near my family"....lies lies.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:12 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
What you lack in intelligence you more then make up for in stupidity......I said he's a liar because he says "I'm in the basement....I have not been able to go near my family"....lies lies.
You’re calling Chris Coumo a liar because he once said he was in a basement and days later he wasn’t in a basement? Geez. Were you the guy in the story who was camping out Coumo’s house to yell at him?

Last edited by jhs5120; 04-17-2020 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:35 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
You’re calling Chris Coumo a liar because he once said he was in a basement and days later he wasn’t in a basement? Geez. Were you the guy in the story who was camping out Coumo’s house to yell at him?
seriously u are f--king with me at this point right? u can not possibly be this moronic.

if you are not messing with me and are serious, god I feel sorry for the person who has to tie your shoes.

no u idiot he said he was quarantining himself, he went outside, was amongst friends and family, with the virus mind you, then gets into a confrontation with someone, then continues on saying I have not left the basement, I miss my family.

If at this point you still don't get it, I give up.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 04-17-2020 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-17-2020, 11:58 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
seriously u are f--king with me at this point right? u can not possibly be this moronic.
Have you looked in the mirror lately?

I had so hoped this thread (mainly your posts) would die a quiet death. I'll just have to do a better job of ignoring it.
Old 04-20-2020, 09:42 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
CLCT in the mid 19s now..going to upgrade those psa 3s for psa 4s.
CLCT was at 20 today....maybe time to upgrade 4s to 5s...
Old 04-20-2020, 07:54 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default Cuomo

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...upset-about-it

Coronavirus-spreader Chris Cuomo got a lecture for breaking quarantine, and he's upset about it
by Becket Adams
| April 20, 2020 03:41 PM

“Rules for thee, but not for me” may as well be the Cuomo family motto.

CNN’s Chris Cuomo, who announced on March 31 that he has the coronavirus, broke quarantine on Easter Sunday to visit an undeveloped property in East Hampton, New York, a full 30-minute drive from his home in Southampton, New York.

Note that his case of the disease was fully confirmed at that point. He was not just taking a risk in the event that he might catch or spread the coronavirus. He knowingly carried the virus to another town — an act that is not just selfish but also hypocritical, considering Cuomo is the guy who spends his evenings on CNN complaining that the White House’s pandemic response efforts are insufficient.

Maureen Callahan writes in the New York Post:

"As lowly New Yorkers continue to heed Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s orders to stay indoors, at great personal and economic cost, his sick brother decided there was no better time than Easter Sunday to check out undeveloped property he bought in East Hampton.

"Again: undeveloped property. All unnecessary construction is halted. There was literally no reason for Chris Cuomo to be there."

Cuomo himself admits to breaking quarantine. He claims he was accosted on April 12 by a bicyclist who demanded to know why the CNN anchor was out and about even though he knew he has the coronavirus. The way Cuomo tells the tale, it sounds as if he somehow had a leg to stand on and it was this nosy bicyclist who was in the wrong.

“I don’t want some jackass, loser, fat-tire biker being able to pull over and get in my space and talk bullshit to me,” Cuomo said in a SiriusXM interview. “I don’t want to hear it.”

The anchor continued, complaining that the confrontation reminded him that being famous means he does not have the freedom to tell people like that bicyclist to “go to hell.” (Historically speaking, however, telling strangers to “go to hell” has not been a problem for Cuomo.)

“That matters to me more than making millions of dollars a year,” he said, “I want to be able to tell you to go to hell, to shut your mouth. … I don’t get that doing what I do for a living. Me being able to tell you to 'shut your mouth, or I will' — do you the way you guys do each other.”

Remember: Cuomo's SiriusXM tirade came after a cyclist rightly demanded to know why a celebrity virus-carrier was not sheltering in place. Talk about temper tantrums! The cyclist, for his part, tells a different version of events, one where Cuomo was not so restrained and meek as he claims to have been.

“I said to him,” the cyclist recounted for the New York Post, “‘Your brother is the coronavirus czar, and you’re not even following his rules — unnecessary travel.”

The man said that Cuomo responded by saying, “Who the hell are you? I can do what I want!”

Given the CNN anchor’s remarks following the confrontation (“jackass,” “loser,” “fat-tire biker,” etc.), I am inclined to believe the cyclist's version of the story. Then again, given Cuomo's integrity and fact-based journalistic style — I am definitely inclined to believe the cyclist.

So yes, the CNN anchor believes he is above the rules that his own brother, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, is demanding that everyone else follow. Cuomo the Lesser’s behavior is extra galling considering that he uses his nightly CNN program to pretend like he is FDR doing a fireside chat while also railing against the White House’s coronavirus relief efforts.

“On Easter Sunday, you know what?” Cuomo asked on April 8 while yelling at a selectively edited video of President Trump. “I will be sick, and I will be sick for some time to come. … I demand the truth for my situation. I demand the truth for you, as well. Again, too many of us have parents, loved ones, and kids in the balance.”

Four days later, Cuomo drove 30 minutes from his home to inspect an undeveloped property. Four days after that, Cuomo announced that his wife had been diagnosed with the coronavirus.

It is fine if Cuomo wants to attack the White House’s pandemic response. There is plenty to criticize. But the CNN anchor should get his own house in order first.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:52 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

So, is he faking? You said he was faking.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:15 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
So, is he faking? You said he was faking.
My initial thought was yes he might be faking. Now no idea.

He sure didn't keep up with the self quarantine that he was preaching, he also lied about not being able to see his family while he was "sick".

And had he not gotten busted he sure would never had admitted to leaving the house.

So lets say he was/is sick. What was with all the I miss my family, I can't leave my basement BS????

He either left the basement because he never was sick or he was sick and went against what he's been spewing, what his brother the Governor has been telling all NY to do.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:33 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Last edited by jhs5120; 04-21-2020 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-21-2020, 09:22 PM
David Peck

Cards just keep ripping higher.

Explosive results in so many genres.

I like it!
Old 04-24-2020, 11:25 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Trump calls for USPS rates to quadruple in exchange for loan:
https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-report-2020-4

I'm not sure the card market would survive $6-10 shipping costs.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:32 PM
Patr1ck Mu111N5

Man, was I wrong. Prices are strong.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:40 PM
Patr1ck Mu111N5

Quote:
Trump calls for USPS rates to quadruple in exchange for loan:
https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-report-2020-4

There's a reason FedEx and UPS don't touch First Class service - it's a loss.

In order to be profitable, or even just break even, USPS needs to increase their First Class Package rates. This would also mean an increase in Priority Mail services.

Once that is done FedEx and UPS will raise their rates, too.

As for the card market, I think an increase in shipping will actually increase sales as buyers will be more likely to add more to their order to help justify the rates.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:39 AM

The customer service (almost universally) with the post office is incredibly slow and poor. This is a core reason why the post office is in such massive debt. The president doesn't want to continue to bail them out and I agree. All mail should be handled by private entities. The post office should be something of the past, we should just let it die off organically.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:26 AM

My portfolio has never been worth more. I left my money in and fed my account the whole pandemic and I'm sky high as a result. If I'd listened to everyone panicking and pulled my money out on March I'd want to cry.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:46 AM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck9788 View Post
The customer service (almost universally) with the post office is incredibly slow and poor. This is a core reason why the post office is in such massive debt. The president doesn't want to continue to bail them out and I agree. All mail should be handled by private entities. The post office should be something of the past, we should just let it die off organically.
My postal service experience has been by and large pretty good, covering several post offices over the years. A core reason the postal service is operating at a large deficit is that it was ordered by Congress in 2006 to pre-pay much of its retirement benefits owed to its carriers/workers for 75 years beginning 2006--an onus faced by very few (read none) businesses. Prior to that date it was operating at a profit. Oh, and the 2006 law also prevented the Postal Service from offering most non-postal services--we wouldn't want them trying to get innovative or competitive with our corporate big business friends.

The Internet, with email, phone texts and online payments has of course greatly reduced the amount of mail that once generated revenue for the USPS. It is also arguable that it could extract more from Amazon and similar online retailers by negotiating more favorable terms--although the current ones are not necessarily so burdensome to USPS as they are advantageous for the private companies. But no, I really doubt you want to see privatization of the mail service. The costs associated with starting and maintaining a carrier service of that scale, and of course you expect nothing but top notch customer service, would drive the prices way out of proportion. As for our beloved hobby, you now and always have had the option of sending your cards by USPS, Fed Ex or similar courier. The many threads I've read here over the years tells me that those options are not always foolproof either.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:43 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:

Approximately 7,452 die every day in the United States due to natural deaths, multiple diseases, accidents, murders, viruses, etc...….and we are going to let the Economy tank, retirement funds disappear, money for kids colleges gone, mass amounts of people potentially jobless, no paychecks, no income for some. You also run the risk of suicides, riots, looting (anybody remember the LA Riots, don't think that can't happen again) if this goes too long.

Riots? Looting? I wonder who predicted all this.......oh yah me. Should have never shut the economy down. These people are going to keep doing this every day/night.......not like they have jobs to go to.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:30 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
Riots? Looting? I wonder who predicted all this.......oh yah me. Should have never shut the economy down. These people are going to keep doing this every day/night.......not like they have jobs to go to.
Are you talking about what's going on in Minnesota? That has nothing to do with covid-19!

Last edited by samosa4u; 05-31-2020 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-31-2020, 12:56 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
Are you talking about what's going on in Minnesota? That has nothing to do with covid-19!
i disagree, it not directly related but lets see all of this happen if everyone isnt wearing a mask. Also if everyone isnt at home for 2 months and no jobs for lots of them gives them a lot more time and energy to head outside into the late hours versus having jobs to go too.

Whats sad is many of the demonstrators or however you will call them and I know there are different groups within the groups have received pay checks from the government while they are looting and buying supplies to loot with government money and also many of the protestors are relying on the same police that they accuse the whole force as police brutality to now protect them from more violent people....weird to need and demand protection from the same people you are demonstrating against

also whats sad is the politics involved...people already saying 'most' people in minnesota causing the violence are from out of town and there is russian influence ....not sure what facts they have to support this.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 05-31-2020 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-31-2020, 03:01 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
i disagree, it not directly related but lets see all of this happen if everyone isnt wearing a mask. Also if everyone isnt at home for 2 months and no jobs for lots of them gives them a lot more time and energy to head outside into the late hours versus having jobs to go too.
You think any of those people had jobs in the first place?
Old 05-31-2020, 03:26 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

100% related to Covid.

What I don't get:

1. Why do the police let the looters loot.......they have a free pass to continue doing it. Don't just stand around. Prevent it or arrest those doing.

2. What the hell is taking so long in charging those other 3 officers.

3. Why our President doesn't step in and do something/say something productive. One thing I've learned over the past few months is he is quite an idiot, not exactly breaking news, but even moreso once the pressure was on. At the beginning of this I was on his side, but good god, this is our President????? He's fine for the job when all is going good, and did some good things during the Covid Crisis, but he serious needs to stay off Twitter, he's not a 27 year girl pop star, seriously ignore the noise and focus on your job.

I'm still for going full blown open it up, enough with the baby steps, cause yes that is fueling these riots. Enough of being afraid of a stupid virus, yes do as much social distancing etc to prevent the spread, but NOTHING should be closed. Live at your own risk. People are sick of being bottled up and here you go....BOOM!!!!

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 05-31-2020 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-31-2020, 04:03 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I mail a letter it pretty much gets there in a few days and costs me under a buck. Can't come close to that privately. There are just some things that don't work well privatized, like roads sewers, and political campaigns.

What Todd said about the finances is spot-on.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 05-31-2020 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:20 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
You think any of those people had jobs in the first place?
either in school or had jobs if you look at the unemployment rate before covid
Old 05-31-2020, 07:22 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
100% related to Covid.

What I don't get:

1. Why do the police let the looters loot.......they have a free pass to continue doing it. Don't just stand around. Prevent it or arrest those doing.

2. What the hell is taking so long in charging those other 3 officers.

3. Why our President doesn't step in and do something/say something productive. One thing I've learned over the past few months is he is quite an idiot, not exactly breaking news, but even moreso once the pressure was on. At the beginning of this I was on his side, but good god, this is our President????? He's fine for the job when all is going good, and did some good things during the Covid Crisis, but he serious needs to stay off Twitter, he's not a 27 year girl pop star, seriously ignore the noise and focus on your job.

I'm still for going full blown open it up, enough with the baby steps, cause yes that is fueling these riots. Enough of being afraid of a stupid virus, yes do as much social distancing etc to prevent the spread, but NOTHING should be closed. Live at your own risk. People are sick of being bottled up and here you go....BOOM!!!!
would be really easy for Biden or a female vice president nominee to go down to one of these cities on a loudspeaker and say they are with them and will make sure will pursue reform and they do not not need to be violent etc. It would be great for the campaign and help get more votes i would think

instead he is in his basement.....

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 05-31-2020 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:14 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
would be really easy for Biden or a female vice president nominee to go down to one of these cities on a loudspeaker and say they are with them and will make sure will pursue reform and they do not not need to be violent etc. It would be great for the campaign and help get more votes i would think

instead he is in his basement.....
Exactly name Oprah or Michelle OBama Vice President and get your ass out of the basement.

Both sides complete chaos.

Or.....can there just be an independent candidate, that beats both these clowns......if it wasn't all tied to money and the rich, I think this would be best for America. Instead we are going to have two grumpy old men, both out of touch with today's world as the 2 choices in November, Lord help us.

Please let's hope a 3rd party steps in.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 05-31-2020 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:18 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

They made a big deal about that Ozarks party that someone there had Covid.

its quite possible that elderly people are going to die because of the protests and lack of social distancing, there was a outcry when people were protesting about opening up the government due to lack of social distancing...shop owners also were put in jail for opening up their businesses to early.....

i hope that the young people that were protesting get tested and stay away from their elderly family members and elderly people in general or people with health conditions...there has been many mentions about minority communities being at risk to covid already...hopefully there will be some responsibility among the looters and protesters.

I have a friend that says he saw online a few pawn shops with incredible prada and gucci items that just came in....i really question if the method of getting these products was legit as they they all just arrived...maybe ebay next too

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 06-01-2020 at 09:19 AM.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:43 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
I feel like that’s what I’m already paying more times than not....
Old 06-01-2020, 09:10 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

I rarely watch CNN but watched Anderson Cooper, Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon, and not one of the 3 tonight said protesters should go home at the curfew.

Very interesting how they are fine with the protesters breaking the law.

If the protesters obeyed the law and went home then the police could focus on the looters and arsonists,etc.

So bottom line is these protesters are just as much the problem, and CNN being silent, are as some would say are complicit.

You want to protest during the day fine, but after curfew sorry that's breaking the law. Just a matter of time before they get hurt and then they'll be crying, and CNN will say hey they are just peaceful protesters. No they are not.

Back on Trumps side, once again he doesn't put it eloquently to say the least, but bring in the army.......or this is just going to continue night after night.

And CNN thanks for fueling the fire. Be proud of yourselves.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 06-01-2020 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-02-2020, 08:14 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
I rarely watch CNN but watched Anderson Cooper, Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon, and not one of the 3 tonight said protesters should go home at the curfew.

Very interesting how they are fine with the protesters breaking the law.

If the protesters obeyed the law and went home then the police could focus on the looters and arsonists,etc.

So bottom line is these protesters are just as much the problem, and CNN being silent, are as some would say are complicit.

You want to protest during the day fine, but after curfew sorry that's breaking the law. Just a matter of time before they get hurt and then they'll be crying, and CNN will say hey they are just peaceful protesters. No they are not.

Back on Trumps side, once again he doesn't put it eloquently to say the least, but bring in the army.......or this is just going to continue night after night.

And CNN thanks for fueling the fire. Be proud of yourselves.

i would think if i am the organizer of a protest and i know that many looters and rioters are using my cause to wreck my community i would take countermeasures like going home by curfew. Not that hard to do and message is known. The protesters are being used and they are complicit in it for some reason.

I remember in the old days there would be protests after an officer is found not guilty or charges dropped. Not after an arrest. Not saying right or wrong . protests are always allowed.

I also wish these networks would show the faces of these shop owners and workers that lost their jobs due to the riots. communities should ban together not just to protest but to protect their community.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:11 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

If you mean hyper inflated prices being sold by veterans and bought up by new blood, more than likely trying to exit quickly and higher, yea it will affect cards!

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 06-02-2020, 05:59 PM

Not sure the protests are affecting the market.

Last edited by packs; 06-02-2020 at 06:24 PM.