NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-07-2009, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Default 3 day auctions- do they work?

Posted By: David Poses

i have a bunch of cards on the BST that i need to sell in order to pay for something i already bought. i'm giving some thought to dumping them on ebay for a 3-day auction (start tomorrow- end sunday night).

i'm wondering what everyone's experience has been with short auctions- if most people are like me, they peruse the auctions on sunday night and even if the cards are 7-day auctions, sunday night might be the first time they're seeing the cards to begin with.

my thought is to set up the auctions to start tomorrow and any cards i haven't sold by then will go on ebay for a 3-day auction.

any advice? thanks.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JimCrandell

I check ebay ideally once per week--sometimes less frequently--3-day auctions would be missed I would think by a lot of potential buyers.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Peter Thomas

David,

Not that I would be typical, but I only look at Ebay early Thursday AM and early Monday AM. So if you listed something Thursday PM to end Sunday PM, I would not see it.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Phil

I check eBay every morning. It is part of my daily routine. But, I am only collecting T206s that are SGC50 or above, so my search does not take long. I usually put a small bid on anything that I need the day it hits eBay so that I can track it easy.........so I don't miss any 3 day auctions that meet what I am looking for.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: rand

i am checking ebay constantly, more out of boredom then anything. i think a better way to go (most of the time) is the Buy it Now or Best Offer (10 days), if you price the card reasonably, then the card will recieve offers and may even sell the same day. i have had cards sold within an hour, others i had to relist, they all sold though. plus i prefer not to take the risk of the card selling to cheap.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe D.

you most likely will get less money for your items than a 7 day auction would bring.

it is that simple.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Somebody who may be interested in what you have to sell will miss it. Don't recommend it. You won't get more, and you might get less, than you should.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Robert Klevens

Ebay has a "saved search" function. They will email you everyday if the item you are looking for is available.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JB

I run them frequently, usually with good success (ending Sunday night). Obviously, it all depends on what your selling. I really like getting Friday night, Saturday and Sundays traffic. I do prefer using BIN or Best Offer.....

Old 01-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...results with 1-day auctions, starting Saturday night and ending Sunday night. That way the people who saw it when first listed don't have to wait a week to bid and they come back the next day. Mind you, I am talking about T206 cards, which have a very loyal, daily following on ebay.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Visit http://www.t206collector.com for Net54 T206 archive, signed deadball card galleries, articles and more!

Old 01-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bryan Long

I have stopped doing 7 day auctions for the most part and now run 5 day. I try not to end on Sunday nights and normally have had my best prices when they end during the week for some time - Wednesdays and Thursday have always been best for me, but I vary often. I think it is always a crap shoot no matter what.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rhett Yeakley

I too would hesitate to go the 3-day auction route. You are far more likely to have your item seen with at least a 5-day auction. It also might be a good idea to let the person/company you purchased from that you might need an extra few days...if it is someone here on the forum it's not too likely they will send someone out to break some knee-caps.
-Rhett

Old 01-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ed McCollum

I'm part of that loyal following that check eBay a minimum of four times a day. Always set for newest listed. Don't want to miss something that might be a BIN. I'd be sure to see any three, or one day auctions.