NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 09-14-2020, 06:42 PM
Brad

Default Upcoming Private Autograph Signings

Not sure I've seen postings here for upcoming autograph signings. Is there another forum on here that we can/should use?

I'm hosting a series of upcoming private signings later this month and throughout October and November. Will have more details to announce soon, but please feel free to contact me at the phone/email below or via private message here.

For now, I'm happy to announce former pitchers Roger McDowell and Tim Hudson. Roger will take place on or about Sept. 30. Tim's signing will take place later in October and I'll have prices in the next few days.

Here are the details for the private signing with former Major League pitcher Roger McDowell:

* Member of the 1986 World Champion New York Mets

* Also pitched for LA Dodgers, Philadelphia Phillies, Texas Rangers & Baltimore Orioles

* Former Major League Pitching Coach for the Atlanta Braves and Baltimore Orioles

* Appeared on the “Seinfield” TV Show as the infamous “Second Spitter”

Signing to take place on or about September 30, 2020; Items must be submitted by Sept. 28.

Mailing Address:
Brad Hainje
99 Radford Circle SW
Marietta GA 30060

Local Drop-Off Locations:
BP Sports / Cobb Antique Mall – 2800 Canton Road, Marietta, GA

Middle Georgia Sports Cards & Collectibles – 1107 Russell Parkway, Warner Robbins, GA

On Deck Sports Cards – 875 Oak Road, Lawrenceville, GA

Cash or credit card accepted; Please make checks payable to Brad Hainje

Questions? Call Brad at 678-643-7765 or email bhainje5@gmail.com

Autograph Prices:
Baseball Card: $15 each
Baseball or Flat Item (up to 11x14): $25 each (five-or-more, $20 each)
*Premium Item: $40 each
(*Bobblehead, jersey, bat, large photo/poster, etc.)

Inscriptions: $10 per item

To ensure proper tracking, no SASEs please unless you've purchased return tracking in advance.

Return Shipping Costs:
Baseball Cards: $3.50 (First Class, with tracking)
Baseballs & Flats: $10 ($2 extra per item)
Premium Items: $20 ($8 extra per item)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Roger Mets Pic.jpg (10.5 KB, 333 views)

Last edited by BradH; 09-14-2020 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:58 PM

You actually bring up a great point. No, we haven't really seen private/public signings posted in this forum too often over the years, and it's rather nice not to. It seems every corner of the hobby-related internet is getting clogged with such postings these days. While the info is very helpful, the constant cross-posting by those running the signings can be a bit excessive. Nothing personal whatsoever, of course. Might it be an idea to create a subcategory for this sort of thing in the BST section? It would be helpful and also nice to see it all in one place. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a stretch to envision this section overrun with signing announcements in the near future.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:11 AM
Brad

Hi Billy - agreed. And I considered putting it in B/S/T.

I’m working with a lot of current and former players on other projects and the idea of private signings has started to appeal to athletes and fans, given the current state of holding public face-to-face events.

A specialized section for this is probably a good idea. The signings I’m doing will probably appeal mostly to people in the Atlanta/Southeast area and probably not as big of a deal to this overall group, so I’ll refrain from posting additional ones until we have a specialized section for them. Thanks.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:57 AM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradH View Post
Hi Billy - agreed. And I considered putting it in B/S/T.

I’m working with a lot of current and former players on other projects and the idea of private signings has started to appeal to athletes and fans, given the current state of holding public face-to-face events.

A specialized section for this is probably a good idea. The signings I’m doing will probably appeal mostly to people in the Atlanta/Southeast area and probably not as big of a deal to this overall group, so I’ll refrain from posting additional ones until we have a specialized section for them. Thanks.
You should message Leon about possibly adding that section if you would like one added.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 09-16-2020, 08:08 PM
Curt

I am a member of a facebook group that advertises private signings.
It's mostly for following, as I have not participated yet after probably close to a year. however, I find it odd that among the legit posts for actual signings, there is a field of "can anyone get..." and "anyone head about so and so signing?". There seem to be more posts asking if someone is signing than posts advertising actual signings.

Seems there is a hungry market for signings these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCox3 View Post
You actually bring up a great point. No, we haven't really seen private/public signings posted in this forum too often over the years, and it's rather nice not to. It seems every corner of the hobby-related internet is getting clogged with such postings these days. While the info is very helpful, the constant cross-posting by those running the signings can be a bit excessive. Nothing personal whatsoever, of course. Might it be an idea to create a subcategory for this sort of thing in the BST section? It would be helpful and also nice to see it all in one place. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a stretch to envision this section overrun with signing announcements in the near future.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:09 PM
Ken

I would welcome news of signings
Old 09-17-2020, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydewally View Post
I would welcome news of signings
Me too. I would also welcome it if Leon started a new tab.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:07 AM

I'd also like it.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:03 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

Just a word of caution. It seems there are all kinds of fly by night "promoters" running private signings these days. A trend I've noticed lately is for these signings to take place by mail, meaning the items are mailed to the athlete and nobody is actually there with them to ensure items are signed in the correct spot, with the correct pen (or a pen that is writing well), not smudged or for that matter, signed by the athlete at all. I'm not a fan of every in-person collector who is bored with no games to go to suddenly thinking they are qualified to run signings, because to do it correctly requires more work than I think some people realize and/or are willing to put in. There are a handful of people that have done signings for a long time and are well established, but it seems every day there's another guy popping out of the woodwork trying to get $5-10 a pop for some 80s journeyman or current minor leaguer. So if this materializes here, be careful when deciding who to send to and what items to send because there is a varying level of risk involved.

Last edited by dgo71; 09-18-2020 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-21-2020, 11:44 AM
Jonathan Sterling

There are sites such as Crave the auto that post upcoming signings both private and public.