NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-10-2003, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Default A Special Thanks to VCBC

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I just wanted to say thanks on the board to Don Betz and VCBC. I just got off the phone with them because I had been receiving 2 copies of every issue lately and wanted to let them know they could stop one of the issues. In the converstion I found out that VCBC willing sends out coppies to many of the frequent board contributors, to make sure we get them right away. It is great customer service like this that will make me a lifetime subscriber.

Thanks again to VCBC.

Old 09-10-2003, 04:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

I give them away and this has contributed at least two subscriptions for them, maybe more.

But we need to start contributing more articles!

Old 09-10-2003, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John(z28jd)

Its hard for me to not order from them,i mustve been the only person who had a VERY bad experience with them,but i stand my ground and refuse to order a subscription. Now if they want to send me a free copy every issue ill gladly accept them,i did help with a article for them once and if Scott asks i will again

Old 09-10-2003, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris

I just subscribed based on the users on this board and their contributions to the magazine and good comments. Looking forward to my first issue!

Old 09-10-2003, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi Scott
Your right we should submit more articles, but I'm currently overwhelmed at work and home so I'll have to wait awhile. I will be happy to share knowledge if someone else wants to do the writing, my typing stinks anyway, so no big loss. Another board member and I are working on an interesting T206 variation that might fill a few pages of the VCBC, and since he's a good writer it might get done before Christmas. I am always happy to share knowledge with others, so if anyone needs my help with an article on tobacco cards, feel free to ask.

Be well to all Brian

Old 09-10-2003, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

I only get one, but I get it first, since it comes priority...

Old 09-10-2003, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi Julie
Hate to burst your bubble, but Priority or not, I usually get mine a full day before yours makes it to the bay area. Carolinabrights

Old 09-10-2003, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mckee

Don Betz is a CLASS ACT! He will do anything for anyone. VCBC is our magazine not just his. For us to improve it, we all need to pitch in. I know an awesome T207 article is coming and I am sure he will get it in the next issue. I will try to write another article about something in the early 1900s next time but my love is still in the 30s. Let's all pitch in and submit some articles, even if short and even if you think every one knows what you are writing. Don deleted my small classified in the back and I still give him a super thumbs up! Dan.

Old 11-04-2003, 07:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jimmy Leiderman

Cover of issue #37 already on VCBC website.
Real nice design!

Please support the ONLY Vintage related magazine.

http://www.vcbc.com/shop/subscription.htm

Old 11-04-2003, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: botn

I echo what many have already said. Don is tremendous person and VCBC is the best publication on the market for our hobby.

I would love to contribute to the magazine but I am afraid that the only matters that I feel qualified to comment on maybe too controversial.

I will continue to advertise in VCBC and recommend the magazine to anyone who I know that does not already subscribe.

Thanks Don!!

Best,
Greg

Old 11-04-2003, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

Greg - contribute anyway. I'm curious what you have to say that's controversial.

"Red or Green - which is truly the greatest Cobb portrait !?!"