NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Justin

Default Hall of Famers in T card sets

I was reading the "Rank your favorite set" thread and thought of a good thread topic for beginner T cards collectors like myself.

I am targeting HOF'ers specifically and am wondering which T card sets include them. There are several HOF players that are obscure to me and in looking at checklists it can be hard to determine if they are included or not without referencing a list of HOF'ers. I'm sure this will change (and has a little already) once I have familiarized myself with some of the older players that may not have been household names.

205/206/207 are the biggies and most should know the HOF players in those.

This isn't necessarily a thread to name the players in each set, moreso just to identify which sets have them. If you want to list the players, even better!

Respond if you would like to contribute as I think it will help all of us newb's out (and selfishly save a lot of time )!!
Old 04-27-2011, 01:28 PM
P.hil €lli$

Not exactly sure what you are asking here, but I will add that the T206 has 38 different HOFers in the set with many of them having multiple cards.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgellis View Post
Not exactly sure what you are asking here, but I will add that the T206 has 38 different HOFers in the set with many of them having multiple cards.
Just to be clear, I was asking which sets include Hall of Fame players. For example, the T212 set, are there any hall of fame players? For someone like myself that does not recognize some of the HOF names (Harry Hooper- although I do now and realize he was a heck of a player) scanning through a checklist, this would be helpful.

I know its a pretty simple question for a lot of you that know these sets back and forth, but for me it is daunting!!

Hope this brings a little clarity to the question!

Last edited by Jmad; 04-27-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Matt Wieder

This info is actually freely available at www.vintagecardprices.com - no need to pay anything to search their checklists and sort by the "HOF" column to see a list of the HOFers in each issue.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Don

Good question. Is there a tally anywhere of each set with the number of HOFers in the set?
Old 04-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
This info is actually freely available at www.vintagecardprices.com - no need to pay anything to search their checklists and sort by the "HOF" column to see a list of the HOFers in each issue.
Matt,
That is great news- thanks for the tip! I actually signed up with them yesterday and have not made it past checking sales results! What a time saver!!!

In 5 minutes I just figured out Stengel is the only HOF member in the T210 set! Thanks again!!

Last edited by Jmad; 04-27-2011 at 02:50 PM. Reason: added results
Old 04-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Matt Wieder

My pleasure. Welcome to the forum!
Old 04-27-2011, 05:00 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Don, I think this thread would be a great start for what you're asking.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...highlight=E253

dj