NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 02-20-2020, 07:51 PM
D@le Irv*n

Default Were these sigs all good?

I was following these but had no plans to bid as sigs are not something I am good at.
Curious, however, if these were all legit and if so, were these prices realized the going prices for these or did they finish low?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MICKEY-MANT...p2047675.l2557
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SANDY-KOUFA...p2047675.l2557
https://www.ebay.com/itm/TED-WILLIAM...p2047675.l2557
https://www.ebay.com/itm/WILLIE-MAYS...p2047675.l2557
https://www.ebay.com/itm/JOE-DIMAGGI...p2047675.l2557
Old 02-21-2020, 10:07 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

They are legit. I didn’t look at Mays, but the others are all good. Surprised they went so high signed in marker.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:32 PM

Yep, prices for the authentic pieces made no sense. Many balls signed in marker, lots of other condition issues. It's a safe guess the buyers were American, so add import fees on top of that. Bottom barrel quality fetching those prices? Hmm...

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 02-21-2020 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:27 AM
Christopher Williams

Seller had some nice stuff.

Marker-signed or not, at least they sold authentic autographs.
Old 02-22-2020, 08:31 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I was following these but had no plans to bid as sigs are not something I am good at.
Curious, however, if these were all legit and if so, were these prices realized the going prices for these or did they finish low?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MICKEY-MANT...p2047675.l2557
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SANDY-KOUFA...p2047675.l2557
https://www.ebay.com/itm/TED-WILLIAM...p2047675.l2557
https://www.ebay.com/itm/WILLIE-MAYS...p2047675.l2557
https://www.ebay.com/itm/JOE-DIMAGGI...p2047675.l2557
I have not purchased a signed ball for 5 years. As many of you know, I have numerous Koufax, Mantle, Dimaggio, Aaron, Mays, and Williams balls in my collection.

The funny thing is, that these somehow popped up on my e-bay feed with an hour or so to go, so I bid on them. The fascination of these balls were that the signatures were ALL good. Some were in sharpie, which I kinda like, AND they were all on OLD balls with NO authentication. The signatures on the older NL/AL balls are hard to find as I recall...

So, I bid them up up up as far as I could Happily, I didn't win 1.

1 week later, I cancelled my e-bay account due to them being part of the criminal enterprise as I'm trying to stand up to FRAUD and criminals and put my money where my mouth is. I stopped buying autographs on e-bay some time ago and then geared back up in 2016 so I could get my teeth kicked in with fake trimmed and bleached baseball cards!

E-bay is complicit with PSA, all the card grading companies, Poobstein and PWCC. Not to mention they sell every other fake widget under the sun.

Very happy to close my e-bay account once and for all, the effin crooks.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 02-22-2020 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:13 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Now if you'd just leave the board...

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 02-22-2020, 11:53 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
They are legit. I didn’t look at Mays, but the others are all good. Surprised they went so high signed in marker.
The first 2 are in ink, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCox3 View Post
Yep, prices for the authentic pieces made no sense. Many balls signed in marker, lots of other condition issues. It's a safe guess the buyers were American, so add import fees on top of that. Bottom barrel quality fetching those prices? Hmm...
Not questioning your opinion as I know ziltch about autographs, but what makes them bottom of the barrel when it comes to their quality?

Thanks for replies, guys. I assumed they were legit/real, but that was just based on an uneducated guess.
Old 02-22-2020, 01:35 PM

Dale,

I was admittedly much too harsh in my wording. They're not the worst of the worst. I'll expand on my reply when time allows.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:00 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Whatever you say Teddy Blind bat. Mr Stand for Nothing: D

I hope you choke on you PSA & E-Bay sandwich in this billion dollar fraud. It's precisely because of morons like yourself. If you want to see who is part of the problem, look in the mirror buddy. It aint me.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 02-22-2020 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:28 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCox3 View Post
Dale,

I was admittedly much too harsh in my wording. They're not the worst of the worst. I'll expand on my reply when time allows.
Looking forward to hearing more, but not if it would help forgers?

I appreciate your feedback, Billy.
Old 02-23-2020, 01:09 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
Whatever you say Teddy Blind bat. Mr Stand for Nothing: D

I hope you choke on you PSA & E-Bay sandwich in this billion dollar fraud. It's precisely because of morons like yourself. If you want to see who is part of the problem, look in the mirror buddy. It aint me.
Personal attacks? Keep it coming. Plenty would love to see you banned!

You pulled your pud in the corner the last 19.5 years and finally found your soap box! Congrats. Find a new hobby then, make like a Red Sock an Mo' Vaughn. Sayonara, arrivedecce, hasta a vista baby!

Dont let the door hit, where God made the split.

Nobody here would shed a tear.

The hobby wont miss your knowledge and posters. certainly wont miss you posting nonsense, or your "humor" In their threads.

PSA, pwcc, probstein et al wont miss your revenue.

"*I stopped buying autographs on e-bay some time ago and then geared back up in 2016 so I could get my teeth kicked in with fake trimmed and bleached baseball cards!*"

I have a feeling it wasnt the first, nor will be the last time you get your teeth kicked in.

Lifes tough for a misanthrope

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 02-24-2020, 09:03 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Personal attacks? Keep it coming. Plenty would love to see you banned!

You pulled your pud in the corner the last 19.5 years and finally found your soap box! Congrats. Find a new hobby then, make like a Red Sock an Mo' Vaughn. Sayonara, arrivedecce, hasta a vista baby!

Dont let the door hit, where God made the split.

Nobody here would shed a tear.

The hobby wont miss your knowledge and posters. certainly wont miss you posting nonsense, or your "humor" In their threads.

PSA, pwcc, probstein et al wont miss your revenue.

"*I stopped buying autographs on e-bay some time ago and then geared back up in 2016 so I could get my teeth kicked in with fake trimmed and bleached baseball cards!*"

I have a feeling it wasnt the first, nor will be the last time you get your teeth kicked in.

Lifes tough for a misanthrope
Why don't you just block me Teddy Blind Bat?

You know my experiences here have been great as I've met quite a few nice guys. They get it. They reach out to me every week and tell me not to stop railing.

You, unfortunately Cant Understand Normal Thinking. It's been my experience that the bigger the mouth on an idiot, such as yourself, the more they are part of the problem. You are probably a card trimmer or doctor if I piss you off so much.

That is my intention to make idiots like yourself uncomfortable. People who take the side of the scammers with no sense of humor. Many people I've spoke to here think you ARE A LOSER PERIOD. It's not easy being you Knuckle Head Smith. Go POP yourself another 6 month submission dummy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ted.jpg (5.7 KB, 184 views)

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 02-24-2020 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:05 AM
Rob

The Mantle looks like the one my Mom got in person at a card show.

I wonder if our good friends at the Non-Sports board know about the troubles with TPG's? Perhaps they need a card sherpa to show them the light? Ever onward and upward... Rob
Old 02-24-2020, 02:39 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Infraction given for following someone around the board and harassing them. Both of you need to stay away from each other. Thanks
Old 02-24-2020, 05:58 PM
Christopher Williams

I like having Fudd here.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:46 AM
Steve Zarelli

Beautiful Mantle and Koufax on older balls. Someone got a few great deals.