NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-19-2020, 05:28 PM
J Stone

Default PayPal non-Business Account Fees Charged on F/F Transfer

Anyone else experienced this? I have a personal, non-business PayPal account and it used to be I couldn't accept any non-Friends/Family transactions without converting to a business account.

This past month I have had two sales and two payment (the buyers said they send F/F) and both times eBay charged a fee for the transaction. Also the transaction came up differently on my Activity, showing buttons for printing a shipping label or Refund.

I assume this is new and was spelled out in one of the "we've changed our terms of service" emails I routinely delete without reading.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:08 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseDog View Post
Anyone else experienced this? I have a personal, non-business PayPal account and it used to be I couldn't accept any non-Friends/Family transactions without converting to a business account.

This past month I have had two sales and two payment (the buyers said they send F/F) and both times eBay charged a fee for the transaction. Also the transaction came up differently on my Activity, showing buttons for printing a shipping label or Refund.

I assume this is new and was spelled out in one of the "we've changed our terms of service" emails I routinely delete without reading.
Was there evidence that it wasn't actually F&F? Like putting something in the description that might indicate it was a sale?
Old 09-19-2020, 06:25 PM

It sounds like they made a mistake on how they sent it. I can still get F&F for free. The only time there is a fee is when it is funded by a credit card and in that case the fee is paid by the sender.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:55 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Ditto

I just received $$ on Friday no issues no fees. Likely a sending error.
Old 09-20-2020, 12:05 AM
J Stone

Address was included, which may have triggered something.
Old 09-20-2020, 05:12 AM

Default paypal

I haven't experienced what you have but I have seen another random fee coming up periodically as a fee for "cash advance" when Im paying using paypal. still cant figure out why since al else is the same.
anyone else ?
Dan
Old 09-20-2020, 05:33 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseDog View Post
Address was included, which may have triggered something.
Its possible, it also means they could look at all your transactions much more closely.
Old 09-20-2020, 05:48 AM

They’ve changed the user interface when you send to a friend versus a purchase. After you enter the amount, you click on one of two large boxes. Should be fine.
Old 09-20-2020, 09:34 AM
J Stone

Probably should have been clearer, but in the past when someone would send a non-F/F payment PayPal would ask if I wanted to switch my personal account to a business account to accept the payment, otherwise I would have to refuse the payment and have the person send to my business account as I didn't want to lose the "personal" status on my regular account since at that time PayPal would take fees on every transaction regardless.

In the Account section there is no longer any indication as to what type of account this account is called, but there is a link to "Upgrade to a Business Account".

These transactions there was no such request, they just took the fees. Looking back at recent transactions, all F/F, I think something in the Notes field triggers the fee. The two transactions contain one or more of the words "payment", "send" and "address", the rest contain none of those words. in addition, in the PayPal interface those payments contain links to print labels, which the others do not.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I'd suggest when making F/F payments one leaves the Notes field completely blank and use other messaging for details.