NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Tobacco (T) cards, except T206 B/S/T

Old 05-14-2011, 01:59 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Default SOLD T206 "Magie" Error Card SGC AUTH

Considering the fact that I may not need two Sherwood Magee errors (Magie), accepting offers on the below.

Wonderful card fantastic color and clean overall, classic old timer trim job on the bottom. This is what happens when those pesky oversized cards just won’t fit into those sheets, his or her mistake your savings.

CARD IS SOLD

Great way to have a “Magie” that doesn’t look rough and fill a tough spot that lots of T206 collectors still need checked off.

I will get back to you as soon as I can and try to answer all offers.

Cheers,

John

Last edited by wonkaticket; 06-12-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:04 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Hey guys sorry to do this but can you make your offers via email and not PM's my PM box was full so I don’t want to ignore somebody because I missed your PM.

Also not trying to be picky but I really need you guys to offer what you want to pay emailing me and asking what I would take is technically asking me to make you an offer.

Cheers,

John

P.S. I am open to trades as well.

Last edited by wonkaticket; 05-14-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:29 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Cough.....cough...
Old 06-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Geno W@gn&r

Default Just a thought

Isn't you "making an offer" the same as setting a selling price, i.e. you are selling the card? And if the prospective buyers "make offers" isn't that really an auction with a reserve? Just a matter of how you look at it I suppose...you are essentially having an auction with a reserve, not a card for sale.

Just my mindless rambling after happy hour...nice card, it will make somebody happy!

Cheers,
Geno
Old 06-03-2011, 06:54 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

How about make an offer on the card or have another drink.

Not really here to debate or listen to your views of selling structures.

But thanks for taking the time to chime in and comment on my method of proposed sale.

Glad to hear you also feel the card is nice and could make someone happy whew! I had my concerns on selling the card to someone and bumming them out.

But now that we all have been given your seal of approval potential buyers should be able to offer with confidence.

Next time I decide to toss something up for sale or to feel out the waters here in the BST with my own inventory. I’ll will be sure to run it by you prior to posting forgive me I’m new to this whole hobby thing.

Simply put, my card listed to feel out for trade bait or cash etc.

Not selling the card under any propaganda story about assisted living or linked front page shameless promoting posts that just happen to coincide with a listing to come or currently listed.

Not relisting the card one hour after I won it in a very public venue for twice the price demanding a sale in 2 days hoping that folks have amnesia and didn’t just see the same card hours ago sell for half.

Not listing card for 400x market price and bumping each time it gets below page one or each hour.

Truth is I don’t necessarily need to set a price as I’m not really hard up to sell the card. If you know the market you can guess what roughly they are going for and offer something if you want to own it. The final thing that crossed my mind was I really don’t care about your thoughts unless you are a serious buyer and not some guy rolling out of a bar on a Friday night on his fourth Appletini with no offer other than advice.

Cheers,

John

Last edited by wonkaticket; 06-11-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:56 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Sold
Old 06-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
Sold
So it met your reserve?