NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-02-2021, 07:48 PM
Justin

Default PSA damaged card, anyone with experience?

Just got this beauty back from PSA.
Not sure how this got through QA checks but the upper left corner is partially in the seal and now cut off.

There is also some weird red coloration on parts of the back of the slab.

I will be calling them tomorrow but wondering if anyone has experience with this?

Will they reholder and regrade, offer a partial payment for the damages, or something else?

Is this going to be a giant pain or do they typically take care of this stuff smoothly?

Thanks for any advice/experience.

Obviously super bummed after waiting months to get this back.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2021, 08:20 PM
D@v!d W@tk!n$

I had a situation like that and when I called they asked me to send pictures. PSA took care of reholdering the card for me and it was a very quick turnaround. This was a couple of years ago so not sure how fast it would happened today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bing Crooked.jpg (75.0 KB, 367 views)
Old 04-02-2021, 08:34 PM
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb67 View Post
I had a situation like that and when I called they asked me to send pictures. PSA took care of reholdering the card for me and it was a very quick turnaround. This was a couple of years ago so not sure how fast it would happened today.
Was there any damage to the card?

Unfortunately mine is slightly into the actual sonic seal so I'm worried it will be completely cut off.

Old 04-02-2021, 08:37 PM
D@v!d W@tk!n$

I was lucky as there was no damage to the card. I knew when sending in that if it was damaged they could have lowered the grade. I was certain it had to have been damaged but they deemed it ok. I could not see any signs of damage when they returned it. Wishing the best of luck that your card is not overly damaged.
Old 04-02-2021, 08:56 PM
Eric Cheng

If this is SGC, everyone will be nailing their ass. PSA got special priviledges
Old 04-03-2021, 08:34 AM
Chr$stopher Pett$

I have a lot of psa graded stamps ie 1955 Golden stamps. The holders are not so great and the stamps often slip under the insert during shipping. You can probably gently tap the case on the perpendicular axis and the card can be slid back into position. I do this often.
Old 04-03-2021, 10:58 AM
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zact View Post
I have a lot of psa graded stamps ie 1955 Golden stamps. The holders are not so great and the stamps often slip under the insert during shipping. You can probably gently tap the case on the perpendicular axis and the card can be slid back into position. I do this often.
That was my 1st thought but after some gentle, and then some not so gentle tapping, without budging I took a closer look and it was apparent that it was pinched into the seal.

Old 04-03-2021, 11:57 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcosta19 View Post
That was my 1st thought but after some gentle, and then some not so gentle tapping, without budging I took a closer look and it was apparent that it was pinched into the seal.

In my opinion, PSA should be paying you full value for this card, (or what you paid if more?) fix the problem/re-slab and let you keep the card.

That's likely wishful thinking on my part as we all know PSA doesn't seem to operate that way, but, imo, that would be the proper thing to do.

Good luck.
Old 04-03-2021, 12:12 PM
rgpete

And this is why I don't like third parties handling cards of mine just for this reason and also relying on Fedex UPS and USPS for getting the cards to and from the the third parties, just to many things can go wrong. I rather go in person and wait just wishful thinking
Old 04-03-2021, 05:12 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

"After further review. we at PSA have determined that your Babe Ruth card is properly slabbed, and was not damaged whatsoever (by us)."

In terms of being painfully obvious, it rates about the same as AJ's altered Jackie Robinson Leaf card. So would not surprise me if their actual response is similar to the above.

Hope they compensate you in an appropriate and timely manner, and best of luck getting them to admit any liability for damages!
Old 04-03-2021, 08:41 PM
Jim

I had a similar issue recently. At the advice of my LCS, I emailed PSA with photos and basics of the complaint and prepared to raise heck when they returned my call.

CS called me within a few days, listened to me express my displeasure, then emailed FedEx labels and instructions for reholdering. They were very helpfull- probably due to the obviously encapsulation error and lack of quality control. Fortunately, it turned out there was no creasing or damage and the cards were back in hand (with the same grade) within a few weeks. I found customer service to be outstanding.

It is a bummer that you need to go though getting this fixed- hopefully CS treats you right (don't accept anything less). There is a contact link in their website. Best of luck
Old 04-04-2021, 07:29 AM

Default Incorrect labeling

Not the same issue but I was just wondering...is PSA receptive to reslabbing cards and correcting wrong identification on their labels?

I just got back a 1937 Goudey Wide Pen Type 4 DiMaggio portrait that I have seen consistently mislabeled as a 1936 Goudey Wide Pen Type 1. The biggest problem with this is the incorrect 1936 label is always marketed as a rookie card. REA has another example of this in their current auction. I even sent them copies of the pages from SCBBC to point out this problem but they did it anyway.
Old 04-04-2021, 07:44 AM
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27 Championships View Post
Not the same issue but I was just wondering...is PSA receptive to reslabbing cards and correcting wrong identification on their labels?

I just got back a 1937 Goudey Wide Pen Type 4 DiMaggio portrait that I have seen consistently mislabeled as a 1936 Goudey Wide Pen Type 1. The biggest problem with this is the incorrect 1936 label is always marketed as a rookie card. REA has another example of this in their current auction. I even sent them copies of the pages from SCBBC to point out this problem but they did it anyway.
Not sure how receptive they are but they have a QA/label error section in the customer request center tab in the "My account" section.

In those cases someone usually gets back to you in a few days via email. That is how I reporter the above issue (and also slabs that have been returned cracked in the past).

Can you post or send those pages here or to me also for reference?