NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 06-19-2020, 08:10 AM
J.O.N

Default Blank back?

I’m primarily a baseball card guy. I have a bunch of other sports and non-sports in my collection. I’m interested in expanding.

Anyways I found these football cards with blank backs. Can anyone educate me on them? Are they special in anyway?

Thanks

Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My PM box might be full.

Email:
jcfowler6@zoominternet.net

Want list:
Prewar Pirates items
1909 Pirates
BF2 Wagner
Cracker Jack Wagner and Clarke

Love the hobby.
Old 06-19-2020, 10:06 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Blank backs are special but not that valuable. Most of them are not proofs or anything like that, just sheets that didn’t get the reverse printed. Some ended up in packs like this, others presumably were back doored. A Topps blank back of a particular card is very tough; but there’s enough that blank backs in general aren’t that rare. Since they aren’t considered needed for master sets, value is pretty low unless you hit on a huge star. I think they are a fun variant to collect
Old 06-20-2020, 07:15 AM
Jeff P

I would agree. Blank backs are an oddity but don't seem to command much in terms of a premium. Quality control at Topps in the 70s was not very good. Lots of massively miscut cards, missing backs, upside down cards, etc.

jeff
Old 06-20-2020, 10:24 AM
T0dd M@rcum

I will pretty much always pay a buck for a blank back. Seldom will I pay $5 for a blank back. They aren't particularly hard to find on Ebay or at a decent sized show, but they are really hard to find in the wild. I don't think I ever got one out of a pack and back in the day I opened many packs.
Old 06-20-2020, 01:24 PM
Ronald Glenn

Location: Lake Norman N. Carolina ( New Jersey Born and Raised)

Here are some more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blank 001.jpg (79.3 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg blank 002.jpg (78.4 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg blank 003.jpg (79.6 KB, 74 views)
Old 07-20-2020, 09:49 PM
Michael
Michae! Sh@cter

HOFers or the other really big stars of the day, they will comand a higher price from the right buyer. That being said, you have to find the right buyer.