NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 07-27-2020, 08:01 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Default At least 14 Florida Marlins test + covid

Team is not playing today. At least 12 players, 2 coaches.

Yankees scheduled to use same clubhouse today.

Should be an interesting day in world of MLB.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:01 AM

Yankee game cancelled. I think the responsible thing to do would be to call the season now.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:04 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Right people that want to work just dont let them work, just stop the season and have all the staff and clubhouse and video departments have no job...even though they want to work..

i think MLB worried Marlins were going to win World Series so someone in clubhouse took care of things
Old 07-27-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Right people that want to work just dont let them work, just stop the season and have all the staff and clubhouse and video departments have no job...even though they want to work..

i think MLB worried Marlins were going to win World Series so someone in clubhouse took care of things
How does what you want come into play when you're talking about a virus you have no control over. It's not like everyone returned to run concession stands or parking. What is the difference?

Last edited by packs; 07-27-2020 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:46 AM
octavio ranzola

Hi steve this is crazy end the season
Old 07-27-2020, 09:48 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
How does what you want come into play when you're talking about a virus you have no control over. It's not like everyone returned to run concession stands or parking. What is the difference?
Not what i want...its what THEY want, free country, if the government doesnt shut it down, restaurants are still open, so are department stores.....people work in many places in which they come home to high density housing..

if they want to play play so bi it..plus there are lot more jobs that just concession and parking at risk......i think they will need another breakout before contemplate another season

and to address another posters point, the players are most likely asymptomatic..

its not going to be a 'real' championship....all hands on deck! A lot of minor league players who never would of had a chance to play MLB are getting that chance this year....you will see years from now a lot of MLB players who only played 98% or more of their MLB career in 2020.

Florida covid positivity rate is at 11% right now that last few days..if in a week or so its in single digits....it would be getting close to 5% which most experts agree you can have an open economy at that point....

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-27-2020 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:55 AM

Why is it important to note they're asymptomatic? That has nothing to do with your ability to spread the virus to someone who isn't. I'm not really sure what you're trying to say.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:55 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Whole season just seems forced and unnecessary. And that was my opinion a month ago. Doesn’t feel like a real season at all. And I think it sends a
Message to kids in little league, college ball, etc. that athletes don’t need to follow the rules that are being articulated. Players not even following the safety protocols their union fought for. Went to a little league game last week and hardly a mask in view
Anywhere.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:39 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Quote:
Not what i want...its what THEY want, free country, if the government doesnt shut it down, restaurants are still open, so are department stores.....people work in many places in which they come home to high density housing..

if they want to play play so bi it..plus there are lot more jobs that just concession and parking at risk......i think they will need another breakout before contemplate another season

and to address another posters point, the players are most likely asymptomatic..

its not going to be a 'real' championship....all hands on deck! A lot of minor league players who never would of had a chance to play MLB are getting that chance this year....you will see years from now a lot of MLB players who only played 98% or more of their MLB career in 2020.

Florida covid positivity rate is at 11% right now that last few days..if in a week or so its in single digits....it would be getting close to 5% which most experts agree you can have an open economy at that point....
It’s not a free country, Jake. There are laws to restrict freedoms for the public good. The public good would be served if baseball was shut down before these teams travel around the country infecting as they go.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:18 AM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Yankee game cancelled. I think the responsible thing to do would be to call the season now.
Basketball can probably have their season because everyone is in a bubble. Unfortunately, with travel and hotels and no social distancing I don't think baseball (or football) works. I agree that before more players get sick and infect others the season should be cancelled. It's unfortunate, but necessary.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:27 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

This seems a little odd. Were they all asymptomatic? I mean if you feel a little ill in this day and age, might want to take a few precautions.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 07-27-2020, 01:14 PM
T0dd M@rcum

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Basketball can probably have their season because everyone is in a bubble. Unfortunately, with travel and hotels and no social distancing I don't think baseball (or football) works. I agree that before more players get sick and infect others the season should be cancelled. It's unfortunate, but necessary.
The only places MLB could have "bubbled" are hot spots...AZ and Florida. I have a close friend who lost his father to COVID this weekend. His pop was only 55 and had no underlying health conditions.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:41 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcard1 View Post
The only places MLB could have "bubbled" are hot spots...AZ and Florida. I have a close friend who lost his father to COVID this weekend. His pop was only 55 and had no underlying health conditions.
I really think today is the low point in MLB in terms of Covid...you will see when we look back when in September it worked out...
Old 07-27-2020, 02:41 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Quote:
I really think today is the low point in MLB in terms of Covid...you will see when we look back when in September it worked out...
And if it isn’t—it’s not worth the risk.