NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-14-2005, 11:25 AM
Administrator

Default At the National --- focus of collecting

Posted By: Alan

Just curious if you're going to the National this year, are you looking for the same type of cards as you did at last year's National or are you concentrating on different sets/issues. Also, are you taking more, less, or about the same money than you took at last years national ?

Old 07-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

But I think I will spend more time this year than last year trying to fill out some of my sets. I didn't really start working on commons until the last day in Cleveland. I found some really good deals on commons last year but ran out of time on Saturday because I had to catch my flight. I'd really like to make a good dent in a couple of sets this year.

Old 07-15-2005, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Aaron M.

My focus is generally the same (mostly pre-war baseball memorabilia), but the "want list" is always turning over depending on what I've been able to locate lately. The only focus that is genuinely new is that I've started putting together the Tarzan & The Crystal Vault of Isis non-sports card set from the 1930's. (I hope to find some vintage non-sports dealers at the convention.)

I'll probably be taking slightly more funds to the National than I did last year, but I usually end up bringing home almost all the money I take to the show. (I'm feeling optimistic.) Most of the stuff I buy is only available through the various sports auction houses (a prized 1923 Honus Wagner presentational trophy I bought last year in Cleveland aside).