NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 11-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Default c1910 Mechanical Metal Baseball Toy, 4 1/2" tall - NEED HELP IDENTIFYING

Posted By: CarltonHendricks

I received the following correspondence from Frank in Canada regarding the toy in the photo below. Can anyone identify this toy or supply information on it? I'm guessing on the c1910, could be c1930's for all I know.
Thanks -Carlton

CAN YOU REFER ME TO SEMEONE WHO WILL BE ABLE TO HELP ME IDENTIFY THIS OLD BASEBALL GAME...IT MUST HAVE BEEN PART OF A SET...THANKS,FRANK IN CANADA.

The toy is made of nickel plated metal...The batter is 4½ inches tall...The spinning wheel is 3¼ inches across...There is a wind up mechanism that makes the batter hit the wheel and the small arrow indicates what happens next(a single,a strike out etc...)...Everything works perfectly...Nothing broken...I hope someone knows something!...Thanks again,Frank!

The measurements did not include the wooded base...I cant find any markings or maker marks on it...Frank.

5 inches tall with the base...Frank.
[linked image]
[linked image]

Old 11-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Administrator

Default c1910 Mechanical Metal Baseball Toy, 4 1/2" tall - NEED HELP IDENTIFYING

Posted By: Jerry

I have been dealing in Vintage Toys for over 25yrs and I can honestly say , I have never seen that piece before.

My Guess and it's only a guess is that it is a one of kind Folk Art (or Prototype) Toy made by a very talented Metalsmith/Machinist.

Very Interesting looking Piece, Wish I could be of more help.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Administrator

ADDENDA 11/11/08 10:29am
I RECEIVED THE FOLLOWING PHOTO AND UPDATE FROM FRANK TODAY:

Hello Carlton! Upon very close examination of the back of the wheel,i was able to find a very tiny trade mark logo...Supersize the photo attached and you will be able to see it clearly...I hope it help solve this mystery!...Frank.
[linked image]
[linked image]

Old 11-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris

The father of a childhood friend on mine worked at the Continental Can (Canada0 Co. and the logo (I can't located the version I recall on the net) of the co. looked similar to this one. A longshot, I know...but this is a link to the history of the company in Toronto.

http://www.newtorontohistorical.com/Continental%20Can.htm

Old 11-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Thanks for that Chris.

I emailed Mark Cooper to see if he recognized this toy, below is his reply:

Carlton

I agree with all network 54 says, I have not seen this and believe it is a
limited folk art production that wasnnever mass produced

Mark

did you get to see my hall of fame exhibit??
http://web.baseballhalloffame.org/museum/homegames.jsp

mark